• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    Right now:

Terrence Ross is 5th among SGs in DRPM.
    DeMarre Carroll is 8th among SFs.
    James Johnson is 3rd among PFs.

At some point, when former Raptors role players who struggled here keep excelling in their roles elsewhere, that needs to be addressed.
    Ross has been terrible in Orlando. Carroll was injured or recovering from injury the entire time he was here.

I'll give you JJ but I think most Raps fans thought he had way more potential than Casey ever allowed him to show because I don't think he liked him much.

Comment

Right now:

At some point, when former Raptors role players who struggled here keep excelling in their roles elsewhere, that needs to be addressed.
      Ross has been god-awful in orlando.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
        I knew Ross would suck on offense, wherever he went. He came here as a rookie and all he knows about an NBA offense is standing around and reading and reacting to Kyle and DeMar. That, plus drive the ball, don't pass and try to draw fouls. You take away Kyle and DeMar and he's completely lost. His natural instincts and BBIQ as far normal team play aren't there.

I believe it's the same problem with Ibaka, who learned a similar style of play with Durant and Westbrook and looks completely lost in this ball movement offense. Ever notice how when Ibaka gets the ball, he immediately stops and either shoots the ball or does a stupid pump fake and starts looking around. He's looking for Russ and KD, but they ain't here. Ibaka almost never swings the ball quickly after receiving it... worst ball stopper on the team.

Comment

• lmao you guys are really reaching just to hate on Casey. It's like players aren't responsible for their own development....
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            lmao you guys are really reaching just to hate on Casey
            Do you want Casey to coach this team until DD and KL are done?

Comment

lmao you guys are really reaching just to hate on Casey. It's like players aren't responsible for their own development....
              Oh hell fucking no. There's no need to put blame on players for coaching mistakes.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                35.9% from the field and 30.6% from 3 this year (40.8/33.0% his whole tenure there), which is exactly why he doesn't make the cut of all-time best Raps shooters for me. Such an inconsistent player. He has the 19th worst WS/48 out of the 229 players who have played 200 minutes this season.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  Technically, every day is the closest to his dismissal because he has to be let go eventually.....right?....right?!!

Seriously though, it feels like this could be his last year for no other reason than the 3 year window with the players. It would seem logical that if we don't show a huge threat to the Cavs this year, then Masai would have to consider trying a different coach before letting that 3 year player window expire. And if you're going to try another coach, then year 2 makes more sense than year 3, since year 3 could be the selling year.
                  Logical reasoning. But we're well past the moment of logical reasoning regarding Casey.

Comment

lmao you guys are really reaching just to hate on Casey. It's like players aren't responsible for their own development....
                    James Johnson, Rudy Gay, DeMarre Carroll, Cory Joseph, and PJ Tucker all have a higher TS% on their current team under new coaches than in their most recent year as a Raptor under Dwane Casey. (Patrick Patterson is coming off knee surgery.)

Do you think that's some kind of massive coincidence?

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      James Johnson, Rudy Gay, DeMarre Carroll, Cory Joseph, and PJ Tucker all have a higher TS% on their current team under new coaches than in their most recent year as a Raptor under Dwane Casey. (Patrick Patterson is coming off knee surgery.)

It all comes down to Casey's rudimentary playbook. We don't run plays specifically for our role players (aside from maybe a Jonas post-up to start the game).

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

One interesting stat to look at is AST'd% on 2-pt shots. It almost invariably trends downwards, the longer the player stays with the Raps. Then it gradually comes up after leaving. In a nutshell, Casey turns every player into some form of a dribble driver. It's like clockwork.

Comment

Right now:

How's Patrick Patterson doing? Greivis Vasquez? What about Raptors role players who excelled here who are doing nothing in their roles elsewhere?
                          That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Despite how often we criticize Casey, I'm not sure I'd prefer any of our previous Raptor coaches over him. Triano? Nope. Lenny? Nope. Smitch? Hell no.

Maybe Butch Carter? He seemed more than capable as an X's and O's guy, at least, but it's a stretch.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Despite how often we criticize Casey, I'm not sure I'd prefer any of our previous Raptor coaches over him. Triano? Nope. Lenny? Nope. Smitch? Hell no.

Maybe Butch Carter? He seemed more than capable as an X's and O's guy, at least, but it's a stretch.
                              Butch? LOL, he wasn't more capable of anything. He had VC in his arsenal....VC iso was his only play

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                Butch? LOL, he wasn't more capable of anything. He had VC in his arsenal....VC iso was his only play
                                But he actually got Vince open looks. Same with TMac. He turned Antonio freaking Davis into an allstar, lol.

A far cry from the ISO ball we're seeing with Casey.

Comment

Working...
                                X