#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    What he's saying in the press is basically what most of us assumed already.. its just funnier when he says it out loud. He likes athletic bigs that can shoot the 3 or shut down the 3. Are agile on pick and rolls and are good at help defense.

I wonder what Masai thinks.. because that's really more important. Does Masai have more faith in Casey then he does in JV? JV was drafted by BC after all. JV is probably Toronto's best trade chip they have.

On the other hand.. Masai had no problems trading Bargnani, and that was Casey's guy come hell or high water.
    Primer wrote: View Post
    So Casey basically admits defense is all he cares about, and he doesn't worry about offense at all. He is merely reacting to the other teams lineups all game from a defensive standpoint. I'd be a lot more accepting of that philosophy if we had a top 5 defense, or even a top 10 defense, but our defense is shit. Maybe instead of benching JV so you can put a PF on Dudley, you should feed JV in the post so the're forced to bench Dudley?

The guy is just out of his depth. He can beat the game on easy mode, but can't get past level one when the game is set to expert.
    My question is how can DC possibly expect JV to dominate offensively (to justify keeping him in the game), when he rarely gets any touches and is a complete afterthought in his guard-centric, ISO-heavy offensive game plan?

MU can't possibly be satisfied with this team, can he? He can't listen to DC's comments about Valanciunas and not shake his head in disbelief, can he? RR really needs to invest in some surveillance devices for MU's office...

Comment

• Was just listening to the Weltman interview on TSN.

Summarized points:

- Internal analysis showed that there's no correlation between high assists/game and playoff success. Therefore, there are some who believe ISO style of play, combined with high points in the paint, makes Raps well equipped for playoff basketball.

- February/March schedule is scary. Expectations are to "compete" and "play hard". Admittedly cliche.

- Analytics suggest that the average NBA player runs the equivalent of 8 marathons during the coarse of 1 season. NBA seasons are grueling ones.

- With trade deadline approaching, need to be concerned about disrupting chemistry. Chemistry is very hard to predict, despite how much research you put into it.

- Jonas is ahead of expectations on his learning curve. But his limited minutes at end of games is a function of matchup (echoing Casey's sentiments). They're "hoping" Jonas will eventually get to the point where if other teams go small, Jonas can make them pay.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/weltman-trad...istry-1.199509
      Last edited by Nilanka; Wed Feb 4, 2015, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

- Internal analysis showed that there's no correlation between high assists/game and playoff success. Therefore, there are some who believe ISO style of play, combined with high points in the paint, makes Raps well equipped for playoff basketball.
        This is massive for me. Sorry guys, I trust the Raptors analytics department over people on this forum saying they know what's going to go down in the playoffs.
        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
          This is massive for me. Sorry guys, I trust the Raptors analytics department over people on this forum saying they know what's going to go down in the playoffs.
          But it is not about high assists/game - at least not for me.

It is about movement - both on and off ball.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
            Scott, you need to stop thinking for yourself and just adopt the group mentality. Also you need to start saying ISO more, because everyone else is.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
              The meta-game in the NBA is shifting from having 2 traditional bigs, to the space-and-pace generation with a stretch 4, to now something closer to what the Warriors and Bucks are doing, which is essentially positionless basketball with one big.

We don't have the coaching OR personnel to play a different style right now. Most of our players are undersized or not versatile enough.
              Why else would I want Carroll so badly? He's exactly what you describe BC, except he's a 3 that can play as a 4 like Dudley, who I also wouldn't mind nabbing.

The line-up everyone wants won't happen under DC. These are times where I wish Landry could shoot. Heck, I wanna see practice film of his new shot. Maybe he can start at SF for us as a catch and shooter if his shot is decent enough. I know Casey would at least do that to help us....

Just some food for thought guys. Anyone have some footage?
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Was just listening to the Weltman interview on TSN.

Summarized points:

- February/March schedule is scary. Expectations are to "compete" and "play hard". Admittedly cliche.

- Analytics suggest that the average NBA player runs the equivalent of 8 marathons during the coarse of 1 season. NBA seasons are grueling ones.

- With trade deadline approaching, need to be concerned about disrupting chemistry. Chemistry is very hard to predict, despite how much research you put into it.

- Jonas is ahead of expectations on his learning curve. But his limited minutes at end of games is a function of matchup (echoing Casey's sentiments). They're "hoping" Jonas will eventually get to the point where if other teams go small, Jonas can make them pay.

RE the first point...I just cant believe that one...and its curious he mentioned "playoffs"....is he differentiating in-season from playoffs? I dont have the backup but seriously try correlating 25 plus assists per game with W/L anytime and I am sure the Ws win big. And is Weltman trying to protect DC & Lowry here. Casey himself has said the team is not made up of good passers. Does anyone believe that one seriously?

Edit: 25 apg maybe too high
                Last edited by Bendit; Wed Feb 4, 2015, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

this man knows what he's talking about

Comment

Summarized points:

Kind of scary when analytics gets so advanced it defies what I once thought and still am stuck thinking is logic. Makes sense though. Look at how teams like the Chris Webber Kings use to move the ball, but every year they would run into the Lakers and get bounced. Same with Phoenix and even San Antonio when they faced the Lakers at different eras.

Comment

• Casey or JV , that is the question.

If we trade JV I'm buying his jersey / joining that teams forums.
                      2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                        Casey or JV , that is the question.

If we trade JV I'm buying his jersey / joining that teams forums.
                        Traitor?

"The penalty for high treason is life imprisonment."

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Pretty sure movement and assists/game have a pretty high correlation. That said, this year's team does well with good off-ball movement and poorly when everyone is standing around.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                            Kind of scary when analytics gets so advanced it defies what I once thought and still am stuck thinking is logic. Makes sense though. Look at how teams like the Chris Webber Kings use to move the ball, but every year they would run into the Lakers and get bounced. Same with Phoenix and even San Antonio when they faced the Lakers at different eras.
                            The Lakers were coached by Phil Jackson and employed the triangle offense which, when run properly, is a read and react offense that employs a lot of off ball movement.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                              RE the first point...I just cant believe that one...and its curious he mentioned "playoffs"....is he differentiating in-season from playoffs? I dont have the backup but seriously try correlating 25 plus assists per game with W/L anytime and I am sure the Ws win big. And is Weltman trying to protect DC & Lowry here. Casey himself has said the team is not made up of good passers. Does anyone believe that one seriously?

Edit: 25 apg maybe too high
                              I'm thinking it's a comparison between team offense in regular season and team offense in post-season for high assist and low assist teams. And the findings are the offensive drop is consistent for heavy assist teams and low assist teams. That is my guess.

Also, to the bold, I believe there are quite a few below average passers on this team. Including Jonas.

Comment

Summarized points:

The bolded is where the Raptors are utterly lacking. Here's some stats for the Raptors in the paint this year.

30th in Field-goals attempts in the paint.
                                That's right, we take less shots in the paint than any other NBA team. Why is that you ask?

1st in Field-goals attempts outside the paint
                                Because we take the most field goal attempts outside the paint of any team in the NBA

Maybe the Raps should start listening to their own internal analysis and take more shots in the paint?

Comment

Working...
                                X