Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MACK11 wrote: View Post
    So how long you using that Barfnani avatar for? Lol
    Let's keep it till Raptors get a blowout win.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
      Let's keep it till Raptors get a blowout win.
      against a team with less than 28 losses

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        Casey should not be fired in-season. If the playoffs go badly, sure, you can cut him loose then.
        Agreed. This is a process. We're not winning anything this year.
        If he continues to be bad w DD back, and D doesn't get any better. Happy to change coaches in summer. Good franchises, don't like self induced turmoil.

Comment

We should play a game. When did you know we had been exposed?
          For me it became official when Ross tried that pull up mid range and horford blocked it

Comment

I think Casey SHOULD be fired in season so that we can give Nurse a swing at head coach. He will 100% be poached this offseason for a head coaching gig somewhere if we don't promote him. Casey's saving grace was the players would play hard for him but that doesn't seem to the be the case anymore. His rotations are abysmal. His play calling out of timeouts is abysmal. His end of quarter iso's are insanely predictable and stupid. His heavy reliance on 4th quarter iso is insanely predictable and stupid. His refusal to play JV when he's on fire doesn't even make sense in bizarro world. His timeout calls are way too late and followed by stupid shit like Hansbrough post ups. Anyone defending him either doesn't watch the games or knows less than nothing about playing basketball. His defense was his saving grace and it's been shit for over half the season. How can we say the loss of DD made the defense poor when we all know damn well DD is an average defender at best. I never liked Casey as coach but I was okay with the extension considering how improved we were last year. Its fairly clear now the improvements were all due to Masai improving the roster and Casey is holding the team back. Before anyone even argues with me, please examine Woodson and Drew in Atlanta, and what Budenholzer has done with the same exact team. Raptors are very comparable to Atlanta talent wise. But Casey is very comparable to Larry Drew coaching wise.

Comment

#FireCasey

Yeah I'm not saying exactly to fire Casey. This is the point i think most people are making here : our system sucks, it's dependent on ISO plays and guys' shots falling, which right now, they're not. It's inconsistent and needs guys to play with swagger. The successes we do have we know are unsustainable.

It's not pretty basketball. It's not fun to watch. Even when it was successful, it was still stressful, because the shots were mostly forced and ugly ( Kyle Demar, Lou, Greivis) and there was no ball movement. The good teams move the ball around, and their big men have touches in the post, Gso many swings, so many open 3s, it is a thing of beauty. Those coaches (Pop, Budenholzer) put their players in the best positions to succeed. We don't have that system. Our basketball is not fun to watch. So the system needs change. That will either come from Casey seeing the error of his ways.... (Unlikely) or a new coach coming in an implementing a new system. Hence #FireCasey

Rant:

I've never liked Vasquez. He never looked like a basketball player. Always struck me as a kid who tried too hard but never got respect from anyone. He chucks shots and if he makes them, he feels like he's the man. He's not. I kid you not, every single one of vasquez's shots I cringe. Every single one. The ones that go in I obviously have to bite my tongue but they clank off iron more often than not. On top of being a black hole offensively, he can't keep his man in front of him to save his life.
              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
                Be careful what you wish for....Firing Casey may change things more than you guys know. If you're firing Casey for Ross or JV or GV I think it's a foolish move and reminds me of the Sam Mitchell firing.

Edit:

This team is not talented enough at the moment to be a serious championship contender and the goal was to at least make the second round.

BEFORE firing Casey you need to give him more capable (consistent) players or else the next coach will have the same issue.

Most of the same people calling for Casey's head didn't think this roster was good enough last year and wanted us to tank..... Remember all that mediocrity talk?? Now our roster is just so awesome and just needs this championship coach to come take the reins?? LOL. You guys....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I've noticed it is same people as well. Id just like to add that if we did fire Casey right now we would be the laughing stock of the whole league.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
                  Be careful what you wish for....Firing Casey may change things more than you guys know. If you're firing Casey for Ross or JV or GV I think it's a foolish move and reminds me of the Sam Mitchell firing.

Edit:

This team is not talented enough at the moment to be a serious championship contender and the goal was to at least make the second round.

BEFORE firing Casey you need to give him more capable (consistent) players or else the next coach will have the same issue.

Most of the same people calling for Casey's head didn't think this roster was good enough last year and wanted us to tank..... Remember all that mediocrity talk?? Now our roster is just so awesome and just needs this championship coach to come take the reins?? LOL. You guys....

You know who else wanted to tank and didn't think roster was good enough?

Masai Ujiri

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                    Yeah I'm not saying exactly to fire Casey. This is the point i think most people are making here : our system sucks, it's dependent on ISO plays and guys' shots falling, which right now, they're not. It's inconsistent and needs guys to play with swagger. The successes we do have we know are unsustainable.

It's not pretty basketball. It's not fun to watch. Even when it was successful, it was still stressful, because the shots were mostly forced and ugly ( Kyle Demar, Lou, Greivis) and there was no ball movement. The good teams move the ball around, and their big men have touches in the post, Gso many swings, so many open 3s, it is a thing of beauty. Those coaches (Pop, Budenholzer) put their players in the best positions to succeed. We don't have that system. Our basketball is not fun to watch. So the system needs change. That will either come from Casey seeing the error of his ways.... (Unlikely) or a new coach coming in an implementing a new system. Hence #FireCasey

Rant:

I've never liked Vasquez. He never looked like a basketball player. Always struck me as a kid who tried too hard but never got respect from anyone. He chucks shots and if he makes them, he feels like he's the man. He's not. I kid you not, every single one of vasquez's shots I cringe. Every single one. The ones that go in I obviously have to bite my tongue but they clank off iron more often than not. On top of being a black hole offensively, he can't keep his man in front of him to save his life.
                    Some really good points in this post.

I agree... Things (the team play) doesn't look good right now.

I still think it would be a mistake to fire Casey in-season or seriously even think about it while we have a 26-13 record.

You named 2 coaches (Pop &Bud) who are not available.....If the team fails to make the second round, I would certainly look at other coaching options in the off-season (if i were the GM).....Is there anyone else in the Spurs system that can bring that brilliant style of ball movement here? Maybe....do we even have the players to be a great defensive team? I'd say no....not now anyways.

Until then, I just hope these guys can get it together and play more as a team from here on out.

Comment

• draps wrote: View Post
                      We should play a game. When did you know we had been exposed?
                      For me it became official when Ross tried that pull up mid range and horford blocked it
                      that's shot has been getting blocked all season. korver has 5 of his 17 total blocks against ross alone.

Primer wrote: View Post
                      Before anyone even argues with me, please examine Woodson and Drew in Atlanta, and what Budenholzer has done with the same exact team.
                      not really true though. woodson and drew dealt with iso joe and josh smith. bud had a bunch of unselfish guys from the start.

some examples of a team changing a coach & improving but keeping the core would be isiah thomas -> rick carlisle with the pacers, sidney lowe -> hubie brown with the grizzlies, mark jackson -> steve kerr with golden state, don chaney -> rudy tomjanovich with the rockets

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Masai Ujiri
                        He never said he wanted to tank. He said that he got lucky when the team found chemistry.

He made the trade with Sacramento not knowing how the team would respond. He could've tanked if he wanted to (most fans were cool with it...there wouldn't of been a major backlash). He clearly chose not to tank.

You know who else wanted to tank and didn't think the roster was good enough?

McHappy.....and almost everyone else in the forum.

That's why i'm not surprised people want to jump ship (fire coach) as soon as the good times stop coming. I agree that this coach may not be the one to take us there (championship) or stepping stone as you would say.

I just think it's a bit too early to can coach Casey. Evaluate after the season....

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                          He never said he wanted to tank. He said that he got lucky when the team found chemistry.

He made the trade with Sacramento not knowing how the team would respond. He could've tanked if he wanted to (most fans were cool with it...there wouldn't of been a major backlash). He clearly chose not to tank.

You know who else wanted to tank and didn't think the roster was good enough?

McHappy.....and almost everyone else in the forum.

That's why i'm not surprised people want to jump ship (fire coach) as soon as the good times stop coming. I agree that this coach may not be the one to take us there (championship) or stepping stone as you would say.

I just think it's a bit too early to can coach Casey. Evaluate after the season....

Ujiri was sending anything of value to he scrap heap until Dolan wet himself afraid Ujiri was going to embarrass him....again.

He did get lucky because things clicked....end of story.

If t wasn't for teams not giving up anything of value, Lowry would have been long gone.

Casey is a stepping stone. He won't be back next year and the team will be better - book it.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                            but evaluate what exactly. this is the same casey we've seen for 3 and a half years. it's just now that we've become a threat, teams are actually starting to do proper scouting reports on us and are finally catching on to a very weak scheme.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Nobody wants to talk about that though, because JV is pretty much God in this forum. The next Wilt Chamberlain. Raps should run the offence through him!

And Ross, he's a better player than DeRozan. The next TMac, the next Ray Allen! Should be the Raptors starting 2 guard going forward according to the same people
                              I remember people saying they wanted DD to get hurt so they could see what they had in Ross and JV. Be careful what you wish for.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Masai Ujiri
                                So you agree Casey coached his ass off?
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X