#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    33-17. 2nd in the conference. I'm just sayin.

Casey will be judgecome playoff time.
    Can we make a rule that our record shouldn't be brought up in this thread? Like ever?

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
      Can we make a rule that our record shouldn't be brought up in this thread? Like ever?
      Why? lol
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• make this thread a poll
        in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Why? lol
          yeah whole idea is Fire Casey so that record is better no? or would you guys would like to lose but play pretty? How can you ignore record.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            yeah whole idea is Fire Casey so that record is better no? or would you guys would like to lose but play pretty? How can you ignore record.
            Nobody should care about the record. Raptor will be at least fourth even if they lose the entire month. This is about crappy fundamentals

Comment

You do realize that records mean SOMETHING....to me it means he finishes the year at least and we see how it goes in the playoffs.

I think it would be a BIG mistake firing him now given our record. The dissent it could cause amongst the players could be huge. Say what you want about Casey but his players usually play hard for him.

Also, if we fire him and it backfires, we would be the laughing stock of the league....it makes no sense from a PR perspective to fire him in-season.

33-17

Finish the season and make a decision after the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                Nobody should care about the record. Raptor will be at least fourth even if they lose the entire month. This is about crappy fundamentals
                So you want to go back to Triano era? Nice offense and losses piling up? Yuck! I'd rather win ugly than lose....

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                  You do realize that records mean SOMETHING....to me it means he finishes the year at least and we see how it goes in the playoffs.

I think it would be a BIG mistake firing him now given our record. The dissent it could cause amongst the players could be huge. Say what you want about Casey but his players usually play hard for him.

Also, if we fire him and it backfires, we would be the laughing stock of the league....it makes no sense from a PR perspective to fire him in-season.

33-17

Finish the season and make a decision after the playoffs.

We may not have to wait until the playoffs, considering the 8-game stretch coming up. The overall record may look nice on paper, but their record against winning teams is barely above .500, with a couple wins coming against 'winning' teams when they were vulnerable (ie: depleted Memphis).

Then again, Toronto will probably go something like an unexpected 5-3, just to keep this debate going

Comment

So you want to go back to Triano era? Nice offense and losses piling up? Yuck! I'd rather win ugly than lose....

Triano was 40-42 before the shitstorm of the next season. Terrible basketball is always hard to watch.

Comment

Nah, I'd rather lose playing a good game.

And the reason I'm saying ignore record is because I presumed that this thread was about the shortcomings of the current Raptors head coach. Maybe you guys are low balling with this squad and/or I'm being too optimistic? I dunno.. All I'm saying is if we're fluking games with this system behind a defensive coach with bad defensive results, why even bring up wins (that are inflated by a 'weak schedule' mixx)

Comment

Nah, I'd rather lose playing a good game.

And the reason I'm saying ignore record is because I presumed that this thread was about the shortcomings of the current Raptors head coach. Maybe you guys are low balling with this squad and/or I'm being too optimistic? I dunno.. All I'm saying is if we're fluking games with this system behind a defensive coach with bad defensive results, why even bring up wins (that are inflated by a 'weak schedule' mixx)
                        why aren't the losses the flukes?

why would the steady improvement shown year on year not be the proof?

"We may not have to wait until the playoffs, considering the 8-game stretch coming up. The overall record may look nice on paper, but their record against winning teams is barely above .500, with a couple wins coming against 'winning' teams when they were vulnerable (ie: depleted Memphis)."

barely above 500 is still above 500. only need to be barely above 500 in a round of the playoffs

if the people who like casey aren't allowed to point to what makes him a good coach why isn't this thread just called "come shit on casey"?

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          why aren't the losses the flukes?

why would the steady improvement shown year on year not be the proof?

"We may not have to wait until the playoffs, considering the 8-game stretch coming up. The overall record may look nice on paper, but their record against winning teams is barely above .500, with a couple wins coming against 'winning' teams when they were vulnerable (ie: depleted Memphis)."

barely above 500 is still above 500. only need to be barely above 500 in a round of the playoffs

if the people who like casey aren't allowed to point to what makes him a good coach why isn't this thread just called "come shit on casey"?
                          The title is #FireCasey. #ShitonCasry is pretty much the same thing. #OpinionsonCasry wasn't created so feel free.

Comment

Well you see, this is ALSO why it's tiring to see record. You have a whole bunch of posts and articles in this thread going in depth on his major flaws and the reasoning behind the 'fire casey' notion. The response is always "well our record is...". I haven't seen a single person go into detail about the things he's done well, BESIDES boast a solid record.

Thibs you can say: develops guys well, great defensive schemes. Bud you can say: great offensive gameplan (high percentage looks) and solid defense. What do supporters say about Casey? 33-17.

See what I'm saying?

Comment

Well you see, this is ALSO why it's tiring to see record. You have a whole bunch of posts and articles in this thread going in depth on his major flaws and the reasoning behind the 'fire casey' notion. The response is always "well our record is...". I haven't seen a single person go into detail about the things he's done well, BESIDES boast a solid record.

Thibs you can say: develops guys well, great defensive schemes. Bud you can say: great offensive gameplan (high percentage looks) and solid defense. What do supporters say about Casey? 33-17.

See what I'm saying?
                              then you missed my posts where i showed his tenure and the stats and record of the players who have been here all this time.
                              cause when i come here i don't see "in depth articles" i see "casey sucks" "oh my god he sucks" etc. etc.

Comment

then you missed my posts where i showed his tenure and the stats and record of the players who have been here all this time.
                                cause when i come here i don't see "in depth articles" i see "casey sucks" "oh my god he sucks" etc. etc.
                                i have missed those posts. you're probably the only one here with facts to back him up so that's most likely why i didnt see it. the articles are not common or always directly referring to our head coach, but they are there.

Comment

Working...
                                X