#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    How would you utilize him "properly" then? more post up plays? PnR?

Jonas is doing just fine.
    On O they just need to involve him more in general. More p'n'r would be nice, but they need to find a way to get him the ball more down low in finishing positions. He's just an afterthought, and you can tell because he's looked off still far too much, even when he's wide open with his arms up right at the basket.

Defensively there's been a shit ton written about system issues in regards to trying to use JV. He's definitely not being used properly there. And it's not just because he's inexperienced or prone to mistakes.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      I didn't realize they were your words. I am very sorry.

He has done a great job getting them this far given circumstances of last few years. Unfortunately he has reached his peak a little too early in my opinion.
      That's where I disagree. I don't think he has reached his peak, as far as where he can take this team or teach them.

For all the handling/mis-handling of JV that posters talk about, just look at his numbers and efficiency. I find it ridiculous when people say he would have been that good despite Casey. There is no proof of that. There is proof of JV's numbers with Casey though and they are great, and getting better.

Same with trying to say the Raptors would have been this good without Casey because of an increase in talent. There is no proof of that, but there are numbers to show improvements with him.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        I think you're over exaggerating quite a bit. Most people just want JV to get more playing time and offensive opportunities that he seemingly has earned. Some people are suggesting the Raptors' offense should be more balanced or even more inside-out in nature, but I don't think I've read a single post suggesting JV should be option #1.

Your should probably get your eyes looked at. The past few games he's been racking up blocked shots, while causing countless more shots to be altered and missed.

There were also 2 plays in last night's game that I noticed, in a way that illustrate how far he's already come defensively. I believe both came in the second half.

1. Jack blew by Lowry (again) and was driving down the right side of the lane towards JV, who came out to cut him off and then jumped back (away from Jack) while using his length to turn an easy layup into a missed shot (without fouling)

2. After some confusion caused by rotations and hedging, JV directed (tapped his back and pointed at a different opposing player) Patterson to switch his coverage, which resulted in Patterson getting a turnover immediately after the switch

The suggestion of JV being a complete defensive liability is becoming as much a broken record as those calling for him to be more consistently/effectively utilized.
        You know what, I may have indirectly stated as much...

Either way, I do think JV should be our #1 option right now.

Call me crazy but he has earned it

Comment

• Anyways i'm out. Be nice to each other lol
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Testing 1, 2 testing 1, 2..is this thing on? GIVE JAMES JOHNSON SOME MINUTES
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Testing 1, 2 testing 1, 2..is this thing on? GIVE JAMES JOHNSON SOME MINUTES
              Hopefully when his hammy is better
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                Hopefully when his hammy is better
                Who knows though? He initially was benched with no injury.

Even more confusing when you consider Casey's supposedly a defensive coach, and James is one of the players who best suits the system with his versatility, size and athleticism (things that make James suit most systems defensively, as long as he can stay disciplined).

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Testing 1, 2 testing 1, 2..is this thing on? GIVE JAMES JOHNSON SOME MINUTES
                  Casey: "HE CAN'T SHOOT THREES! Get this guy outta here...."

Comment

• I'm just asking this as a thought experiment:

Even if we did fire Casey, would a new regime/system be hamstrung by the makeup of our roster as it currently stands? Would it make sense to make any roster moves to coincide with a new coach?

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      I'm just asking this as a thought experiment:

Even if we did fire Casey, would a new regime/system be hamstrung by the makeup of our roster as it currently stands? Would it make sense to make any roster moves to coincide with a new coach?
                      Adding a 3/4, but that might be it. Ross and Lou are the odd men out on this team. You cannot have both on your bench, and JJ needs to start if we do get a new coach.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Who knows though? He initially was benched with no injury.

Even more confusing when you consider Casey's supposedly a defensive coach, and James is one of the players who best suits the system with his versatility, size and athleticism (things that make James suit most systems defensively, as long as he can stay disciplined).
                        Do we know when he sustained the hamstring injury? Is it possible that the reason he saw such decreased playing time was because it was already nagging at him?

Presumably the team would mention this at some point since he's been sidelined, so it might be doubtful, but I can understand why they didn't want to yell "he's injured" while he was still playing.
                        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                          Adding a 3/4, but that might be it. Ross and Lou are the odd men out on this team. You cannot have both on your bench, and JJ needs to start if we do get a new coach.
                          I'm not sure if Ross is odd man out. He has a desirable skill set for many systems based on ball movement.

I think Lowry is fine. He has played at high level for previous coaches - Mchale and adelman.

Lou and DeRozan would be my guess as odd men out if Casey left. More so DeRozan because he is back to his old ways of providing little consistently outside of scoring - and that is inefficient.

Comment

• JJ is listed as probable for clippers u think Casey will get him off the bench?

Comment

• Dwane Casey wrote: View Post
                              the Raptors are being coached, and coached well
                              Please detail how they are being coached well. What is it that you are seeing? What is it specifically that you are referring to? Honestly interested to hear your opinion. With examples please (game play, not record). Thanks.

Comment

• bdevore wrote: View Post
                                JJ is listed as probable for clippers u think Casey will get him off the bench?
                                No.

That's our coach, he's such a idiot.
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                                X