No announcement yet.

Everything DeMarre Carroll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think norm should start at the 3 and use DC like scola at the 4 in small matchups like Marvin Williams. This is of course bc Casey won't start pat.
    I'm not sure how injured DC is tho so making him bang bigger bodies could be a concern.

Comment

• Nice to see Carroll starting to look better the last couple of games, and I like them taking a very cautious approach with him in terms of not playing back-to-backs. Powell and Ross are good enough in games where he sits out or isn't playing well.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
        Nice to see Carroll starting to look better the last couple of games, and I like them taking a very cautious approach with him in terms of not playing back-to-backs. Powell and Ross are good enough in games where he sits out or isn't playing well.
        He's still really bad defensively. Been beyond useless on that end.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          He's still really bad defensively. Been beyond useless on that end.

True, but that's the whole team at the moment. No perimeter players can keep their man in front of them.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
            True, but that's the whole team at the moment. No perimeter players can keep their man in front of them.
            But we know Demar never plays D, and Kyle is up and down in terms of the effort he puts in there...Siakam has been solid enough and the mistakes he's made have been acceptable for a rookie. We signed Carroll primarily for D. We need him to be a steady factor on that end. Need to see that part of his game return.

Comment

• Three things are certain in life: death, taxes, and the Raptors inability to fill the SF hole.

I still have my fingers crossed it's his knee and he'll somehow be feeling and playing better towards the end of the season.

Next spring nobody's going to care about what happened in November.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                Three things are certain in life: death, taxes, and the Raptors inability to fill the SF hole.

I still have my fingers crossed it's his knee and he'll somehow be feeling and playing better towards the end of the season.

Next spring nobody's going to care about what happened in November.
                yeah, so far what a complete and total bust this deal has been.

Comment

• Here's something. In Atlanta about 31% of his shots were from 0-3 ft (I'm assuming drives/cuts/putback type stuff). Last year that fell to 22% with TO and this year it's down to 12%. Career average is 29%. So if you've been thinking he isn't moving to the basket as much, it's not your imagination.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    Here's something. In Atlanta about 31% of his shots were from 0-3 ft (I'm assuming drives/cuts/putback type stuff). Last year that fell to 22% with TO and this year it's down to 12%. Career average is 29%. So if you've been thinking he isn't moving to the basket as much, it's not your imagination.
                    I want that number as close to 0 as possible. Guy is terrible in the paint unless he's wide open.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                      I want that number as close to 0 as possible. Guy is terrible in the paint unless he's wide open.
                      Yeah, you expect him to miss in the paint..Even wide open
                      I'd like to try and trade him before the league catches on that he sucks now. I think he's still perceived as 3&D..but he won't be by the all star break if this keeps up
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Yeah, you expect him to miss in the paint..Even wide open
                        I'd like to try and trade him before the league catches on that he sucks now. I think he's still perceived as 3&D..but he won't be by the all star break if this keeps up
                        by fans of other teams, maybe. i highly doubt any GM still thinks that way.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                          by fans of other teams, maybe. i highly doubt any GM still thinks that way.
                          Well in any event I'd trade him for any expiring tbh. That 15 million would be handy this sumner

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            Here's something. In Atlanta about 31% of his shots were from 0-3 ft (I'm assuming drives/cuts/putback type stuff). Last year that fell to 22% with TO and this year it's down to 12%. Career average is 29%. So if you've been thinking he isn't moving to the basket as much, it's not your imagination.
                            That's because Casey forces everybody into a role to support DeRozan & Lowry. He's trying to turn Carroll, Patterson, Ross, and now Powell into spot-up 3pt shooters, while Joseph seems to be going the way of Vasquez (facilitator morphing into ball hog).

Comment

• He's the worst player in our rotation and it can't just be blamed on DeRozan/Lowry like everything else. Ross has no problem hitting shots with them, Powell doesn't, 2Pat doesn't except during his slumps. Just Carroll. Doesn't defend his position well either. Horrible, horrible signing.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                                He's the worst player in our rotation and it can't just be blamed on DeRozan/Lowry like everything else. Ross has no problem hitting shots with them, Powell doesn't, 2Pat doesn't except during his slumps. Just Carroll. Doesn't defend his position well either. Horrible, horrible signing.
                                I would say siakam and bebe are both worse than carroll, those both give more effort. And both are basically rookies

Comment

Working...
                                X