No announcement yet.

Everything DeMarre Carroll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah against garbage teams he looks "ok".

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
      Yeah against garbage teams he looks "ok".
      Over the past 5 games, he's averaging 17 PPG on 48%/39% with 5 rebounds and a steal per game, and the team's best plus-minus per game at +12.2, with games against decent to very good teams like the Rockets, Celtics and Bulls. OK?
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Over the past 5 games, he's averaging 17 PPG on 48%/39% with 5 rebounds and a steal per game, and the team's best plus-minus per game at +12.2, with games against decent to very good teams like the Rockets, Celtics and Bulls. OK?
        The numbers don't tell the full story, he got destroyed by the Bulls/Butler after the 1st half when Butler woke up, he didn't look good against the Rockets and the Celtics he at best looked so-so. It's these last 2 games against garbage teams he's had "better performances" that has him winning some people over. We said this like a month ago when he looked half decent against the Rockets in our first match up and reverted to looking like garbage.

I'll more than gladly eat a double serving of crow if Carroll can keep this up against good teams and when he more consistently looks like this, then he does looks bad. His "ok" performances happen as few and in between as Ross scoring nights were like last year (and previous years). We'll see in a month's time if we're still singing his praises...

Comment

The numbers don't tell the full story, he got destroyed by the Bulls/Butler after the 1st half when Butler woke up, he didn't look good against the Rockets and the Celtics he at best looked so-so. It's these last 2 games against garbage teams he's had "better performances" that has him winning some people over. We said this like a month ago when he looked half decent against the Rockets in our first match up and reverted to looking like garbage.

I'll more than gladly eat a double serving of crow if Carroll can keep this up against good teams and when he more consistently looks like this, then he does looks bad. His "ok" performances happen as few and in between as Ross scoring nights were like last year (and previous years). We'll see in a month's time if we're still singing his praises...
          He didn't look good against the Rockets?

What game were you watching? The man was hitting heat check shots. I don't doubt its unsustainable but he was amazing in that game.

Comment

Have to disagree with you. He's looked good for that entire stretch, with the minutes where he hasn't looked good being far outweighed by the ones he's looked really good. I agree the Bulls game was rough for him, but it was rough for the whole team.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

You're never going to eat any crow, because you don't like the guy and no matter how well he plays, you're only going to be looking at his negatives and ignoring his positives.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• He's been playing so well ever since Pascal hit the pine. Three 3's made per game since

Comment

• I think the fact that bebe moves the ball so well benefits a fellow that moves with out the ball like DC it took awhile for this starting lineup to gel but it has. The Sabonis like pass from JV to DC although rare was beautiful.

Comment

• I was worried when I saw him helped off the court, glad it's not more serious (ie knee-related).

(wasn't watching the game properly at that point)

Comment

• Surprised Carroll's TS% isn't half bad at 54.4%. DV/PJ should be the best SF rotation we've had in far too long.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                        Surprised Carroll's TS% isn't half bad at 54.4%. DV/PJ should be the best SF rotation we've had in far too long.
                        With Carroll getting rest thanks to the All Star break, allowing him to get a rhythm going with his shot now that his finger is fully healed & with Tucker here to edge him on, we could see Carroll start to show glimmers of his true self. Plus, Carroll continues to show he's a good glass cleaner for a SF.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                          With Carroll getting rest thanks to the All Star break, allowing him to get a rhythm going with his shot now that his finger is fully healed & with Tucker here to edge him on, we could see Carroll start to show glimmers of his true self. Plus, Carroll continues to show he's a good glass cleaner for a SF.

PJ Tucker is also a good rebounder from the 3 spot, nice to have.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Carroll is reaching bargnani levels for me. I mean the guy is straight up bad... for a guy making 15 million. No defense, No handles. He is useless on offense. Jyd 0.2 is more like it. I would say he is one of the worst small forwards in the league.

Comment

• JimmyGetsBucketss wrote: View Post
                              Carroll is reaching bargnani levels for me. I mean the guy is straight up bad... for a guy making 15 million. No defense, No handles. He is useless on offense. Jyd 0.2 is more like it. I would say he is one of the worst small forwards in the league.
                              That knee injury may have for ended his career.

Comment

• I think I'm alone in seeing that Demarre is looking healthier to recently. I don't think he will ever be ATL version.
                                DMC is decent at passing and cutting. In our system he just stands in the corner and waits for a broken ISO play from DD.

Comment

Working...
                                X