Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

Biyombo freaking sucks.
    Does he though? He certainly doesn't have much offense but has gone from 10 to 13 to 15 PER over the last three seasons. Sub 100 Drtgs over the last two. 2.9 bpg. He gives us legit length a backup 4/5 without being a lumbering 7-footer that Casey would never play.

I'd be pretty happy with a haul of Carroll, Biyombo, Dorrell Wright, and Nando. That's a hefty injection of defense.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      Does he though? He certainly doesn't have much offense but has gone from 10 to 13 to 15 PER over the last three seasons. Sub 100 Drtgs over the last two. 2.9 bpg. He gives us legit length a backup 4/5 without being a lumbering 7-footer that Casey would never play.

I'd be pretty happy with a haul of Carroll, Biyombo, Dorrell Wright, and Nando. That's a hefty injection of defense.
      Exactly why I was looking at Bismack. His D is a ton better than any other PF out there, and he can play off the ball rather well too.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• I don't hate bringing in Biyombo... but is it as starter, or backup? As starter he creates some spacing problems alongside JV, but brings solid defense... as backup, he can be a defensive injection off the bench, but it doesn't solve our starting unit rebounding problems.

Damn it, I really wish Patterson could rebound. Even in the 7-8 per game range would make him an acceptable starter for now.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
          I don't hate bringing in Biyombo... but is it as starter, or backup? As starter he creates some spacing problems alongside JV, but brings solid defense... as backup, he can be a defensive injection off the bench, but it doesn't solve our starting unit rebounding problems.

Damn it, I really wish Patterson could rebound. Even in the 7-8 per game range would make him an acceptable starter for now.
          Carroll CAN rebound guys..... some nights, he was the Hawks best rebounder on both ends.

I mean, if a guy is averaging almost 6 a night with 2 great rebounders alongside him, how many can he give the Raps every game?

Also looking at other guys right now. Kyle O'Quinn intrigues me.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
            I don't hate bringing in Biyombo... but is it as starter, or backup? As starter he creates some spacing problems alongside JV, but brings solid defense... as backup, he can be a defensive injection off the bench, but it doesn't solve our starting unit rebounding problems.

In the starting unit you'd be counting on Jonas and Patterson both stepping up as rebounders. Carroll instead of Ross at the 3 doesn't hurt either.

Comment

In the starting unit you'd be counting on Jonas and Patterson both stepping up as rebounders. Carroll instead of Ross at the 3 doesn't hurt either.
              What do you mean Jonas stepping up as a rebounder? He average 12 rebounds per 36. Pat is the one that's atrocious
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                What do you mean Jonas stepping up as a rebounder? He average 12 rebounds per 36. Pat is the one that's atrocious
                I mean that Jonas has the potential to be an elite defensive rebounder and I expect him to continue improving. He's no Dwight, but great defensive rebounding 5s can be surrounded by lesser rebounders with little ill effect.

At the same time, Patterson is a young veteran and I think he can boost his numbers. It's hard to say how they were impacted playing with our zany second unit.

Comment

I mean that Jonas has the potential to be an elite defensive rebounder and I expect him to continue improving. He's no Dwight, but great defensive rebounding 5s can be surrounded by lesser rebounders with little ill effect.

At the same time, Patterson is a young veteran and I think he can boost his numbers. It's hard to say how they were impacted playing with our zany second unit.
                  The biggest problem I have with Patterson's rebounding is he doesnt even go for them. I've seen him countless times just stand around not boxing out and letting his man take the board. It's like hes allergic to rebounding.

Comment

• Said his name already....

Any interest at all in O'Quinn of the Magic?
                    Axel wrote:
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    KeonClark wrote:

Comment

• I guess more small ball this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• biyombo is not a pf at all.

he's a backup center
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                          Said his name already....

Any interest at all in O'Quinn of the Magic?
                          I think the Magic will match any of the offers that we could make.

STAT is great on the offensive side, but not so much on the defensive side.
                          Who was the other one? West? He would be ideal short term. If winning is as important as he claims it is, maybe he proves hit with the amount he demands.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                            Hansbrough brings nothing to the table offensively. He's just a hustle guy who can get in opposing players heads with his rough play.
                            Check out the Raptors' On Court advanced stats for the last season. As I said, among rotation players, Tyler led the team or was second in several categories, including offensive rating, defensive rating, net rating, player impact estimate, rebounding %, and TS%.

http://stats.nba.com/team/#!/1610612...sort=PIE&dir=1

In traditional stats per 36 minutes, Hansbrough led the team or was second in offensive rebounds, total rebounds, fewest turnovers, and +- . It's no wonder that the team as a whole played better when Hansbrough had more minutes. It's amazing how little appreciated he has been by fans and coaches alike. So I have some doubt there is mutual interest in a return. I am sure he would rather play at his natural position of power forward, rather than centre.

http://stats.nba.com/team/#!/1610612...ort=TOV&dir=-1

Comment

• caccia wrote: View Post
                              Check out the Raptors' On Court advanced stats for the last season. As I said, among rotation players, Tyler led the team or was second in several categories, including offensive rating, defensive rating, net rating, player impact estimate, rebounding %, and TS%.

http://stats.nba.com/team/#!/1610612...sort=PIE&dir=1

In traditional stats per 36 minutes, Hansbrough led the team or was second in offensive rebounds, total rebounds, fewest turnovers, and +- . It's no wonder that the team as a whole played better when Hansbrough had more minutes. It's amazing how little appreciated he has been by fans and coaches alike. So I have some doubt there is mutual interest in a return. I am sure he would rather play at his natural position of power forward, rather than centre.

http://stats.nba.com/team/#!/1610612...ort=TOV&dir=-1
                              You do realize he played vs Benches? There's no chance he puts up these #'s vs NBA starters

Comment

• Any posts related to Carroll here?
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X