Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    I'm not even just talking about DeMar I'm talking in general.

People do it for every player on the team except Lowry/CoJo who generally don't get attacked. Point out one stat that makes them look bad without looking at context or examining why they might be bad in that category.
    Honestly, defensively all of our guards have been terrible of late. DeMar's had a good stretch, Ross has had a few good games, and CoJo/Lowry have their stretches in games, but there's a reason that opposing point guards keep going off against us.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      Honestly, defensively all of our guards have been terrible of late. DeMar's had a good stretch, Ross has had a few good games, and CoJo/Lowry have their stretches in games, but there's a reason that opposing point guards keep going off against us.
      I actually think that's why it stands out more (for me at least) when Lowry or CoJo are having a bad game defensively. They're both great defensively (which, given Lowry's usage is insane). I have less concern with Demar and Ross being bad defensively (moreso with Ross as Ross can be elite at times).

With that said; yeah, Scola's a better match defensively with BB than JV is just like JV's a better match with PP. The problem of course is that a swap should have been made at the beginning of the season and, now, I can see the wrong swap also being made.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        What's really funny is lately we are seeing Scola have a bit of a resurgence playing beside Biyombo, which of course is where he always should have been playing, though off the bench and not starting beside him.

The less funny bit is I can see JV coming off the bench beside Patterson for a few games when he returns, and when - shock! - JV and PP have success while BB and Scola continue to be alright, Casey will see that as a reason to keep JV on the bench and BB in the starting lineup, even though swapping them (and the PF's of course) would likely have even better results (and would build our success around two guys who will be here next season, not two guys who likely won't be) for all the players involved and for the team as a whole.

Oh, well.
        yeah, i'm about 90% sure this is going to happen.

Comment

• "I'm going to make it very hard for him," Ujiri said,*via the*Toronto Sun's Jeff Simmons. "I'm going to try and do whatever I can to get it done. There are going to be other people who want this player. My job is to try and get it done."

Get it done Masai
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Masai: "Will do whatever he can" to re-sign Biz.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...not-be-so-easy

My man!
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              Masai: "Will do whatever he can" to re-sign Biz.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...not-be-so-easy

My man!
              Unfortunately he cant do much. The guy will probably get upwards of 12 million per the way he's been playing
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Unfortunately he cant do much. The guy will probably get upwards of 12 million per the way he's been playing
                Ultimately Masai's best offer is going to be a two year MLE deal with a second year player option, and a promise that they will have his Early Bird Rights the following year which will allow them to offer a 4 year, 44M deal. In the meantime, offering backup minutes on a team that looks like it could be a contender.

We'll see if it's enough.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Ultimately Masai's best offer is going to be a two year MLE deal with a second year player option, and a promise that they will have his Early Bird Rights the following year which will allow them to offer a 4 year, 44M deal. In the meantime, offering backup minutes on a team that looks like it could be a contender.

We'll see if it's enough.
                  If anyone can, it's Masai. Using his Africa connections to get Biyombo below market this summer, then Ibaka next summer.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    If anyone can, it's Masai. Using his Africa connections to get Biyombo below market this summer, then Ibaka next summer.
                    Ibaka probably means losing Lowry though. Unless we trade for him ahead of time.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• By next summer who knows if Ibaka will be even worth getting.
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                        By next summer who knows if Ibaka will be even worth getting.
                        27 year old elite shot blocker who can spread the floor? I'm gonna bet on yes.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Posted this in the trade forum but here it is again.

http://www1.vantagesports.com/Articl...u1wCwAAKo_6g4b

Ibaka has not been very good.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            Posted this in the trade forum but here it is again.

http://www1.vantagesports.com/Articl...u1wCwAAKo_6g4b

Ibaka has not been very good.
                            That's an article that concludes that it is hard to say if he is declining at all because he is being asked to do some strange things under the new OKC coach.

He's 26 years old, I seriously doubt we are seeing a real decline.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I can't see Masai paying two centers 10+ mil.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                I can't see Masai paying two centers 10+ mil.
                                Why's that?

With a cap of 100M+, and a contender typically paying close to the tax (~120M+), that means 24M per position. C's are more expensive. If you assume 16M for JV and 11M for BB that's 27M, plus whatever rookie scale/min contract is sitting in the third string. Not bad at all, actually.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X