Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    That's an article that concludes that it is hard to say if he is declining at all because he is being asked to do some strange things under the new OKC coach.

He's 26 years old, I seriously doubt we are seeing a real decline.
    And if MU brings Ibaka here, he'll be asked to do some strange things with a new coach again.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      And if MU brings Ibaka here, he'll be asked to do some strange things with a new coach again.
      Possible. Not likely he'll be asked to switch like he is now.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Why's that?

With a cap of 100M+, and a contender typically paying close to the tax (~120M+), that means 24M per position. C's are more expensive. If you assume 16M for JV and 11M for BB that's 27M, plus whatever rookie scale/min contract is sitting in the third string. Not bad at all, actually.
        Than you have to include 50 mill for our starting backcourt. Also a high salaried starting PF upgrade.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Than you have to include 50 mill for our starting backcourt. Also a high salaried starting PF upgrade.
          Assuming a big name PF and a raise for Lowry:
          PG: 20M, 7M (27M)
          SG: 25M, 10M (35M)
          SF: 14M (14M)
          PF: 20M, 6M (26M)
          C: 16M, 11M (27M)

That makes 129M, plus minimum/rookie scale deals to fill out the rest of our depth (6 spots x ~2M means 12M) - 141M. That's WITH a big upgrade at PF AND a big deal for Lowry AND a max deal for DD AND a big deal for Biyombo.

Average tax level is about 125M over the next few years. So it's like having a 96M team salary this year, in terms of salary relative to the tax.

Golden State is at 96M. CLE at 107M. LAC at 96M. Thunder at 94M. Spurs are 87M. Seems like if you want to be a contender, that's just the price you pay.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Plus that ignores that we probably lose PP and Ross (~16M) in any deal to bring in a 20M+ PF, so we probably end up with a few more minimum/MLE level deals instead, bringing the total even lower.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Plus that ignores that we probably lose PP and Ross (~16M) in any deal to bring in a 20M+ PF, so we probably end up with a few more minimum/MLE level deals instead, bringing the total even lower.
              You forgot to add Durant in also

Comment

• 1. I think it's really wishful thinking that Masai will get BB to sign for a 2-yr MLE. The dude is probably going to command at minimum 3yrs-$30mm+ and probably more than that in guaranteed money.
                2. If Masai wants to keep BB that badly I think there's a good chance we move JV if we can extract good value.
                3. If Masai wants to keep both guys at the prices they'll likely be paid I once again have no idea what the long-term strategy is here.

Comment

• This seems just like Tristan Thompson/Kevin Love scenario. Look how well that's workout. I can also see Biz having a huge rebounding streak in the playoffs just like TT did. Which forced Cleveland's hand to pay him.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Assuming a big name PF and a raise for Lowry:
                    PG: 20M, 7M (27M)
                    SG: 25M, 10M (35M)
                    SF: 14M (14M)
                    PF: 20M, 6M (26M)
                    C: 16M, 11M (27M)

That makes 129M, plus minimum/rookie scale deals to fill out the rest of our depth (6 spots x ~2M means 12M) - 141M. That's WITH a big upgrade at PF AND a big deal for Lowry AND a max deal for DD AND a big deal for Biyombo.

Average tax level is about 125M over the next few years. So it's like having a 96M team salary this year, in terms of salary relative to the tax.

Golden State is at 96M. CLE at 107M. LAC at 96M. Thunder at 94M. Spurs are 87M. Seems like if you want to be a contender, that's just the price you pay.
                    You really think Lowry will take less than DD? I think they both end up with 25 a piece.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Only situation I can see where it would make sense to trade JV is if you're pilfering a superstar from someone. Maybe something like JV+Ross+Clips 1st to the Kings for Cousins I'd be ok with. That would leave you enough room under the cap to re-sign Biyombo easily, start him at the 5, Cousins at the 4 and Bebe as backup center.

In that case Biyombo might actually work as a long-term starting 5 since you'd be getting so much offense from Lowry-DD-Cousins that you wouldn't really need your center to score.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        You really think Lowry will take less than DD? I think they both end up with 25 a piece.
                        He will take less probably. He'll be older and it's unlikely that anyone offers huge money to a 31 year old point guard. Even if he is a star, the only PG that old who could command a massive payday is CP3.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          1. I think it's really wishful thinking that Masai will get BB to sign for a 2-yr MLE. The dude is probably going to command at minimum 3yrs-$30mm+ and probably more than that in guaranteed money.
                          2. If Masai wants to keep BB that badly I think there's a good chance we move JV if we can extract good value.
                          3. If Masai wants to keep both guys at the prices they'll likely be paid I once again have no idea what the long-term strategy is here.

Regarding point 1---I think you're probably right however if biz accepts the mle and opts out a year later we can then offer him 10-11 per year with his early bird rights. So he'd be missing out on 4.5 million next year in exchange for staying in a good situation. Now obviously the guaranteed money is a huge factor but hopefully we can make it happen.

It's wishful thinking but you never know. He saw first hand in Charlotte what happens when you're not put in a good situation.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                            Only situation I can see where it would make sense to trade JV is if you're pilfering a superstar from someone. Maybe something like JV+Ross+Clips 1st to the Kings for Cousins I'd be ok with. That would leave you enough room under the cap to re-sign Biyombo easily, start him at the 5, Cousins at the 4 and Bebe as backup center.

In that case Biyombo might actually work as a long-term starting 5 since you'd be getting so much offense from Lowry-DD-Cousins that you wouldn't really need your center to score.
                            Only been saying this since the beginning of the year
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                              Only situation I can see where it would make sense to trade JV is if you're pilfering a superstar from someone. Maybe something like JV+Ross+Clips 1st to the Kings for Cousins I'd be ok with. That would leave you enough room under the cap to re-sign Biyombo easily, start him at the 5, Cousins at the 4 and Bebe as backup center.

Man it would be fascinating to see how the Cousins/Casey relationship would play out. I have absolutely no idea.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                Man it would be fascinating to see how the Cousins/Casey relationship would play out. I have absolutely no idea.
                                If there's anything Casey's good at, it's relationships, or at least that's what it seems like. Of course Cousins is a bit of a special case.

What I'm worried about if we get Cousins, is whether or not Casey would be able to use him correctly. You can tell me all you like about how he's a superstar, I'll just point to Kevin Love - who still isn't being used correctly though he has the potential for ridiculously high game impact.

And I'm not sure Casey's as good an X and O's guy as either Lue or Blatt.

Comment

Working...
                                X