Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Just want to state. Never said BB was better than JV. Just a better fit with our best player. As he covers up their weaknesses. I think this team needs elite rim protection more than elite post scoring.
    But JV's greatest strength is not his post scoring (he's very good at that, true). It's probably a tie between his elite offensive rebounding and his tremendous roll game, with which his gravity really opens up driving options for DD and Lowry. I'd say both of those things are more important in terms of fit with those two guys than rim protection is - especially considering how effective JV has proven to be in lineups with a quick PF instead of Scola (as has Biyombo, of course).
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• This deserves to be here for posterity. From the Slam article:

Who’s the funniest dude on the team right now?

KL: Gotta be Biz [Biyombo]—Biz is funny. Biz always calls himself the President of the DRC. And I’m like, Biz, you ain’t the President, I’m the President! He’s like, “You’re too little to be President of the DRC!” And before all games, me and DeMar, we try to score on Biz. We’ll push him, and if we miss, he’ll be like, “Yeah! I lock up All-Stars! I lock up superstars! I lock up people from Compton! People from Philly! I run this!” He’s just an animated dude.
      http://www.slamonline.com/them-boys-they-a-handful/

Comment

• DD:*I used to hate Bismack when he was on Charlotte. But him being on your team, he’s one of the dudes that’s a great teammate, a great friend to have, and his energy and his presence are always positive. He always comes in with classic Jordans...

KL:...he’s got all of ’em.

DD:*He has no idea they’re exclusive. One day he had on some Jordans, and I was like, Man, you’ve got some fire on your feet! He said, “Well, I don’t even know what these are. I’m gonna wear them in a game, then, since they fire.” He just don’t know.

Read more at http://www.slamonline.com/them-boys-...MWEuHmR7uic.99

Here's the rest on Biz.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Bismack Biyombo made the front of fivethirtyeight.com today! (as part of an article on the basketball players who are least-often passed to).

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...o-this-season/

Comment

• just wanted to state biz had a very good game and had a question when JV was out with the hand issue during the season who was backing up Biz???

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
              just wanted to state biz had a very good game and had a question when JV was out with the hand issue during the season who was backing up Biz???
              Scola and BeBe took the backup C minutes.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• we dont need stats for biz

Comment

• That second quarter dunk > block on Wade > dunk sequence was the most fun BB and I have had together, ever.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Yeah that sequence had me yelling in my house.
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• We have to keep BB, it will be a huge blow if he leaves.

Comment

• What do we offer Biz?

Physically a long term is no worry and maybe he'll improve modestly but he wont regress. 10M x 4? Hes younger than JV maybe they can sign him longer than that. Looking at Amirs celtic conytact pretty sure someone will offer him 12-14/yr but would the raptors with JV?

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                          What do we offer Biz?

Physically a long term is no worry and maybe he'll improve modestly but he wont regress. 10M x 4? Hes younger than JV maybe they can sign him longer than that. Looking at Amirs celtic conytact pretty sure someone will offer him 12-14/yr but would the raptors with JV?
                          Biz ain't 23. I am willing to be he is closer to his 30's then his 20's. But a 4 year deal isn't out of the question.

Comment

• How old is he?

This from five years ago:

"Question of the week here!," a team scouting director texted Sunday night. "No way to know for sure. I'm guessing he's 21 or 22."
                            If that's the case, it won't be a big deal and Biyombo will go in the first round for sure. But an Eastern Conference GM said he heard rumors that Biyombo was anywhere from 23 to 26, which would obviously be a much different deal. He'd be much more likely to become an undrafted free agent than a Draft pick, and with the uncertainty surrounding labor, who can say for sure how -- and how much -- free agents would be signed and would get paid.
                            http://www.nba.com/2011/news/feature...cks/index.html

This would put him in at 26 or 27 in one scenario. 28 or 31 years old in another. The final scenario and one I'd like to believe is that he told the truth.

Comment

• If he is 31 you sure don't see any sings of it in his style of play. By 31 a lot of centers are starting to rely more on craft than speed and athleticism. Raps might be able to keep him by offering a longer contract, at a little less a year, resulting in a bigger payoff, if other teams are concerned about his age.

Comment

• For the first time in my 21 years as a Raptors fan, I was jumping up and down while watching at home.

That block on Wade, and the dunk on the ensuing possession, was arguably the greatest sequence of the season.

Thank you, BB8!

Comment

Working...
                                X