No announcement yet.

Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd re-sign J. Thompson. He'll prob get vet minimum and he's been part of the team for a playoff run, that should make him more desirable for the Raps than whatever cruster they get next year as their 15th man.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
      I'd re-sign J. Thompson. He'll prob get vet minimum and he's been part of the team for a playoff run, that should make him more desirable for the Raps than whatever cruster they get next year as their 15th man.
      You might as well trade Bebe too if you are resigning Thompson.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
        I don't understand, do we have too many players under contract with 1, possibly 2 rookies coming in? Or do you mean to cut costs for Biyombo?

Comment

I'd be fine with that if there's a prospect cost in a trade somewhere and he's the one to go (like, Ross plus BeBe for a couple future picks or something). I think I'm lowest on BeBe of the 4 currently signed prospects (Wright, Bruno, Powell).

That said, I doubt Thompson gets only the minimum. There's an ocean of cap space, and every team with cap space will have the room MLE - a ton of end-of-benchers are going to be getting 3M this summer.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
            I don't understand, do we have too many players under contract with 1, possibly 2 rookies coming in? Or do you mean to cut costs for Biyombo?
            What I mean is that once again he won't have the mins to develop, so what is the point of keeping him if you resign Thompson?!

Comment

What I mean is that once again he won't have the mins to develop, so what is the point of keeping him if you resign Thompson?!
              Oh, maybe. But Bebe is strictly a C and Thompson is a PF unless you're running a very small lineup (not his height, but he's just not strong enough for C work).

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                I'd be fine with that if there's a prospect cost in a trade somewhere and he's the one to go (like, Ross plus BeBe for a couple future picks or something). I think I'm lowest on BeBe of the 4 currently signed prospects (Wright, Bruno, Powell).

me too. i do think he could be really good though. his passing is great, could maybe argue elite for his position. needs to stay healthy and work on the sets. add a consistent jump shot. i think that bruno's measurements, powell's athleticism and wrights headiness and readiness over shadow bebe. when i say "lowest" i don't mean "worth giving up on". just in comparison to the others he is the prospect i would have the least problem dropping, for a move to be made.

Comment

• Theres a poll in the Star that asks whos responsible for the teams playoff success thus far and Biyombo got more votes than DD and Lowry combined. Making note of his numbers is rather pointless. Theres no stat for how contagious his play is on other team mates. Hes overshadowed Tristan Fn Thompson so far. Hes being compared to Rodman and Ben by his peers. Tied a record for playoff rebounds. This teams key players have constantly wilted in the playoffs and here we are today with a guy whos flourished under the big lights he has zero fear and gives it 110% every minute of every game. Hes a machine and always will be he doesnt have to rely on a shot that might be hot or cold we know what we'll get. This team has never had a rim protector and rebounder like this in its 21 year history and this isnt a debate about giving him max 10-12 a year is a no brainer.

Re Ross theres no way we get a pick for him with his salary and I think we'd get more back for Bebe than Ross. Could you imagine what a guy like Popovich could get out of Bebe?
                  Last edited by Yuri Gagarin; Wed May 25, 2016, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• I think peoples memories are short it wasnt long ago that the raptors would get eaten alive by uncontested drives to the rim.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                      Re Ross theres no way we get a pick for him with his salary and I think we'd get more back for Bebe than Ross.

Could you imagine what a guy like Popovich could get out of Bebe?
                      ross has value.

pop would get a young player buried by depth, learning the system and how to play basketball like a professional. can you imagine what philly could get out of a player like bebe?

Comment

• Not comparing overall but what I really like about biyombo is those crucial 50/50 loose balls. He gets about 66% of those and JV gets about 33% of them.

Comment

Theres a poll in the Star that asks whos responsible for the teams playoff success thus far and Biyombo got more votes than DD and Lowry combined. Making note of his numbers is rather pointless. Theres no stat for how contagious his play is on other team mates. Hes overshadowed Tristan Fn Thompson so far. Hes being compared to Rodman and Ben by his peers. Tied a record for playoff rebounds. This teams key players have constantly wilted in the playoffs and here we are today with a guy whos flourished under the big lights he has zero fear and gives it 110% every minute of every game. Hes a machine and always will be he doesnt have to rely on a shot that might be hot or cold we know what we'll get. This team has never had a rim protector and rebounder like this in its 21 year history and this isnt a debate about giving him max 10-12 a year is a no brainer.

Re Ross theres no way we get a pick for him with his salary and I think we'd get more back for Bebe than Ross. Could you imagine what a guy like Popovich could get out of Bebe?
                          Please don't bring up Rodman and Ben Wallace - this is recency bias at its finest. Prime Big Ben gave you 3.5 bpg and was a force way out of Biyombo's league.

Biyombo is a lot of fun, gets the crowd fired up, and like several other players on the team, the Raptors wouldn't be here without him.

The Cavs wouldn't have made the finals last year without Delly, TT, and Mozgov. Is Delly Gary Payton now? Is Thompson the new Rodman? Is Mozgov Hakeem all of a sudden?

Thompson got overpaid in part because injuries showed how much the Cavs needed him last spring, and because GM Lebron. But on a healthy Cavs team? TT is definitely overpaid. That's absolutely in play for Biyombo, who is essentially doing what he always does, it's just under bright lights and the fans are hyped. What Biyombo "always does" has rightly thus far limited him to a 20 mpg bench player role. 5 points, 8 rebounds, 1.5 blocks is what this guy gives you in a healthy rotation. How many players do the Raps want to dump and how many millions off the cap space do they want to commit to keep that in house?
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            ross has value.

pop would get a young player buried by depth, learning the system and how to play basketball like a professional. can you imagine what philly could get out of a player like bebe?
                            I like Ross - Id rather him start over DD next season but I doubt anyone in the league would have given him that kind of money last summer so I doubt they give him that while giving up a pick as well.

Sure Brown learned a lot from Pop and Bebe would get more burn in a place like philly but I dont get your point about pop teaching bebe how to play like a pro as being an argument.

Comment

I like Ross - Id rather him start over DD next season but I doubt anyone in the league would have given him that kind of money last summer so I doubt they give him that while giving up a pick as well.

Sure Brown learned a lot from Pop and Bebe would get more burn in a place like philly but I dont get your point about pop teaching bebe how to play like a pro as being an argument.
                              he would get the exact same thing out of bebe that we are

Comment

I think peoples memories are short it wasnt long ago that the raptors would get eaten alive by uncontested drives to the rim.
                                To be fair it also wasn't that long ago that JV was playing fantastic defence vs the Heat and Biyombo was struggling at the start of that series.

Comment

Working...
                                X