Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    If you think Steamy and Biyombo are the same type of caliber of player than this argument is pointless
    You already won. Check your post office box I think you're getting a toque.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

If you think Steamy and Biyombo are the same type of caliber of player than this argument is pointless
      They're both bad lol
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        The goalposts keep moving!

You said Casey never had a player who could block like Biyombo. Fact: Steamy averages the same BLKS per 36 and Casey had him last year.

You said Steamy never got minutes from any coach. Fact: Steamy was a regular bench player for three straight seasons before joining Toronto.

You said Steamy never played 27 mpg like Biyombo did one season. You're right! You conveniently didn't mention the very next season Biyombo played 14 mpg and Steamy played 18 mpg. But I digress. You win!
        4 season Steamy 203 games 15.0 mins/G

4 season Biyombo 284 games 21.0 mins/G
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• If Biyombo was good I think he would've gotten a better deal. Way too cheap.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            If Biyombo was good I think he would've gotten a better deal. Way too cheap.
            what salary cap would Charlotte have needed to commit to qualify him? Good chance he gets an opportunity to play PF minutes in Toronto with Amir gone, in addition to minutes at backup C. That might have appealed to him and his agent (at that point TO hadn't signed Scola)

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              We don't care what he does on Offense. That's the point. Haha
              On his career, Ben Wallace averaged 5 FGs per game, and still couldn't crack 50% for his career shooting average.
              Over the last 2 seasons, Biyombo has seen a massive (relatively speaking) drop in his attempts, but also a huge climb to his shooting average.

Its the balance, and presense he brings on Defense that counters all his uselessness on O.
              Rebounding + shot blocking /defence. That's his specialty. I think Biz is going to be great for us..
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Its official now! Pretty happy with this signing I had created a thread a couple months ago about getting BB here. I guess Masai was thinking the same. Is it October yet?
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I see Bismack getting a good opportunity here. I think he's looking at 15-20 mins per game here. He brings the defense and rebounding that we need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I don't know if he'll get the minutes to show it, but I think this guy might technically be the best shot-blocker we've had since Camby.

Comment

This is an underated signing! Casey has never had a shot blocker like him in Toronto
                      At this time last year, didn't you say that Steamer would take minutes from JV?
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Biz is probably an insurance Policy for Bebe in case he stops developing (Bebe has more game than I thought he did).
                        People seems to forget 1 small details about the Biz : He can't really play, ultra specialized; he's a minus 1,000,000,000 on offense and Char let him go intentionally.

I don't see him getting 20mpg ?

special1 wrote: View Post
                        I see Bismack getting a good opportunity here. I think he's looking at 15-20 mins per game here. He brings the defense and rebounding that we need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• distorsun wrote: View Post
                          Biz is probably an insurance Policy for Bebe in case he stops developing (Bebe has more game than I thought he did).
                          People seems to forget 1 small details about the Biz : He can't really play, ultra specialized; he's a minus 1,000,000,000 on offense and Char let him go intentionally.

I don't see him getting 20mpg ?
                          People still love the idea of Biyombo. They remember he's a top 10 pick, he's long and athletic, and he's still only 22. Unfortunately he hasn't really developed at all and he played fewer minutes in seasons 3 and 4 than he did in 1 and 2. Not a good sign. Maybe he'll be useful but I'll bet he's more likely to get 5 mpg than 20. JV and Bebe will get most of the minutes at the 5, and we know PP and Scola will slide over to the 5 sometimes in order to engage the secret scramble weapon. How many minutes are left for Biyombo?
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

People still love the idea of Biyombo. They remember he's a top 10 pick, he's long and athletic, and he's still only 22. Unfortunately he hasn't really developed at all and he played fewer minutes in seasons 3 and 4 than he did in 1 and 2. Not a good sign. Maybe he'll be useful but I'll bet he's more likely to get 5 mpg than 20. JV and Bebe will get most of the minutes at the 5, and we know PP and Scola will slide over to the 5 sometimes in order to engage the secret scramble weapon. How many minutes are left for Biyombo?
                            Same reason Thabeet kept getting work. Now he's in the D-League without an NBA contract...
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

All very sound points but don't forget that Al Jefferson showed up in Season 3.

That took away a lot of minutes and really limited his opportunities.

People gotta remember what he is: a defensive presence, a shot blocker, and a rebounder. If you want more, you're going to be disappointed.

He is a backup big.... possibly a good one.

Comment

• Not sure if it's been posted in this thread already, but this player report card from earlier this offseason sorta illustrates what the best-case scenario is... that Charlotte is giving up on him just as he's starting to turn the corner. It points to a lot of positives in his improvement this last season.

http://www.atthehive.com/2015/5/23/8...ismack-biyombo

It's not that unthinkable that as a guy who came into the league at a young age with a great body, got by on his physical skills, he's simply taken a long time to get his mental game up to speed but is now starting to turn the corner at the ripe old age of 22. Yeah, there's a decent chance that his current level is more or less his ceiling, but it's just such a low risk acquisition.

Comment

Working...
                                X