Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Yeah, he makes me not worry about Jonas's minutes at all. If he's our defensive captain, that means 48 minutes of high-impact centre-play. Both can play aggressively because we're legitimately 3-deep at that position for the first time ever.
    Bebe has been legitimized? Who authorized that?
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Casey on Biyombo:

"He's probably going to be the captain of our defence as far as guys that can go vertical, block shots, communicate," said Casey.
      His going to make are defensive so much better. I think a player like this really helps Lowry. The way he likes to gamble a lot on plays. Knowing he has someone back there that's going to send that shot back if he gamble wrong. I could see Lowry's steal rate go up this year.
      Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Wed Sep 30, 2015, 04:30 PM.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

He looks pretty young to me - early 20s. I don't know of any evidence that's been presented indicating he's older than he says he is.
        Looks can be deceiving. I'm 31 and people frequently think I'm under 25.

Comment

• Old piece on BB on Grantland....nice writeup...he addresses age halfway down...he seemed pretty sure it seems.

http://grantland.com/features/your-deal/

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
            Old piece on BB on Grantland....nice writeup...he addresses age halfway down...he seemed pretty sure it seems.

http://grantland.com/features/your-deal/
            Thanks for that

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              His going to make are defensive so much better. I think a player like this really helps Lowry. The way he likes to gamble a lot on plays. Knowing he has someone back there that's going to send that shot back if he gamble wrong. I could see Lowry's steal rate go up this year.
              No no no that is horrible. Lowry needs to stop gambling on a million plays. He got murdered last year gambling why in the world would you want him to gamble some more? Biz isn't gonna be playing nearly as many minutes as Lowry so what happens when Lowry gambles with no Biz in there? Lowry should just focus on playing good defense and stop the unnecessary gambles which leads to breakdowns and easy baskets
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                Well that's just it, there's ZERO evidence saying he was born on August 28, 1992.
                He chose that birthday (and year) with his agent and his family I guess.

At work now, so can't go looking for it, but it was floating around just before he was drafted.
                Its not controversial really; there were people saying he could be 30 or something silly, but there is for sure an unknown with him in terms of his actual age.
                Interesting if he chose his birthday ... and chose the day Martin Luther Kings gave his "I have a dream" speech. Or maybe he hard it's my birthday (but I don't remember telling him).

Comment

Yeah, he makes me not worry about Jonas's minutes at all. If he's our defensive captain, that means 48 minutes of high-impact centre-play. Both can play aggressively because we're legitimately 3-deep at that position for the first time ever.
                  If scoring is an issue, and we're going to have to try to lean more heavily on JV, then this could be an interesting process. These are both young guys (Biyombo and JV) and high draft picks that we'd like to develop.

But while I see this as a transitional season, building toward bigger things over the next few years, it's not a "throw away" year, where we can afford to focus purely on development. So I think the coaching staff may have to try a lot of things to figure out ways to bring these guys together to be effective against different teams. So maybe Biyombo's role and usage may change quite a bit from night to night and as the year goes on. Maybe a little like James Johnson's usage changed as injuries happened, the year wore on, and we went into the stretch run.

Maybe a tough year for the coaches. Maybe they'll feel the need to try some things that won't make obvious sense sense to all of us, all of the time. So, in a sense, while I think they'll be fully aware of what knowing critics are saying about what ought to happen, I hope they'll put the cotton in their ears and try everything they think they need to, to bring people in, bring people along, keep everybody involved and sort all this out.
                  Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Wed Sep 30, 2015, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• is that biyombo? why he hurtin our baby lmao
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• does anyone see a scenario where he starts at the 4?

I was just thinking about it today, we lose spacing but gain defense, rebounding and shot blocking.
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        No no no that is horrible. Lowry needs to stop gambling on a million plays. He got murdered last year gambling why in the world would you want him to gamble some more? Biz isn't gonna be playing nearly as many minutes as Lowry so what happens when Lowry gambles with no Biz in there? Lowry should just focus on playing good defense and stop the unnecessary gambles which leads to breakdowns and easy baskets
                        Lowry at his best when his let loose and able to play off his instincts. I think trying to restrain him takes away a big part of his game. Some best steal and plays come from him just playing off his instincts.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                          does anyone see a scenario where he starts at the 4?

I was just thinking about it today, we lose spacing but gain defense, rebounding and shot blocking.
                          Unless you trust Bebe to not just play (which he hasn't done), but actually produce consistently, then just for that fact alone you can't start Biyombo at the 4. Maybe lots of things have changed in the summer, but I can't see that happening. Plus, you know, there are 3-4 other options at the 4 that don't leave a position undermanned. But against some teams or in some circumstances I can see JV and BB playing some very limited minutes together.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

is that biyombo? why he hurtin our baby lmao
                            The angle of this picture makes it look like they're doing something else...
                            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

I imagine you'll see it. I think they should try new things and offer growth/instructional opportunities ...

Maybe against LeBron, for example?

Comment

Start? Never. Get some minutes at the 4? Possibly. Casey goes small though, not big, so I doubt Biyombo sees much time at PF. I also think PPat and Scola are decent defenders and what we'd lose on offense with Biyombo (everything on offense) wouldn't be worth it. Opposing teams can quite literally ignore Biyombo on the offensive end, freeing them up to double.

Comment

Working...
                                X