No announcement yet.

Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also bismacks limitations are hidden more with 4 guys that can create for themselves rather than mostly jump shooters on the 2nd unit.

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
      That's why I said if. If we play over .600 with BB starting I think you have to consider bringing JV off the bench.
      There's that unwritten rule that a starter shouldn't lose his job to injury...so part of me fully expects to see Casey do just that and bring JV off the bench when he comes back.
      Last edited by JimiCliff; Thu Nov 26, 2015, 12:50 AM.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

That's why I said if. If we play over .600 with BB starting I think you have to consider bringing JV off the bench.
        You said put him an a Enes Kanter role but Kanter is in that role because he couldn't guard a high schooler. Jonas has the best net rating on this team putting him on the bench so you could start Biyombo makes zero sense. The team already plays good defense with JV on the court. In fact the teams d-rating is better with JV on the floor. There's no reason to not start someone like JV he is nowhere near Enes Kanter level bad on defense.
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Played a solid game tonight

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
            You said put him an a Enes Kanter role but Kanter is in that role because he couldn't guard a high schooler. Jonas has the best net rating on this team putting him on the bench so you could start Biyombo makes zero sense. The team already plays good defense with JV on the court. In fact the teams d-rating is better with JV on the floor. There's no reason to not start someone like JV he is nowhere near Enes Kanter level bad on defense.
            Iguodala comes off the bench, oladipo just started coming off the bench for the magic, you don't necessarily need your best 5 man unit to start games.

Comment

Iguodala comes off the bench, oladipo just started coming off the bench for the magic, you don't necessarily need your best 5 man unit to start games.
              But that makes no sense. Why wouldn't you want to start your best 5 at the beginning of games? Iggy comes off the bench because he can play with the bench unlike Barnes. Dipo came off the bench for 1 game and I doubt that continues. What I'm trying to say is why would you want to handicap you starting 5 with Biz when you have a better option available and the team still plays good defense? If Biz had a much greater impact than JV and it was obvious you make that change but I think it's nonsense to take one of your most productive players and put him on the bench for an alright player in Biyombo? That is a downgrade

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                But that makes no sense. Why wouldn't you want to start your best 5 at the beginning of games? Iggy comes off the bench because he can play with the bench unlike Barnes. Dipo came off the bench for 1 game and I doubt that continues. What I'm trying to say is why would you want to handicap you starting 5 with Biz when you have a better option available and the team still plays good defense? If Biz had a much greater impact than JV and it was obvious you make that change but I think it's nonsense to take one of your most productive players and put him on the bench for an alright player in Biyombo? That is a downgrade
                For the same reason barnes doesn't play with the bench for GS, bismack makes our bench offense terrible especially when both DD and lowry are sitting. You pretty much have to rely on Joseph to create the entire offense. Bismack is going to get his 20 something mins no matter what, I'd rather have a slightly less efficent starting group than a downright terrible bench unit. But this is all dependent on us continuing to play well with JV out so I guess we can have this argument 6 weeks from now.

Comment

For the same reason barnes doesn't play with the bench for GS, bismack makes our bench offense terrible especially when both DD and lowry are sitting. You pretty much have to rely on Joseph to create the entire offense. Bismack is going to get his 20 something mins no matter what, I'd rather have a slightly less efficent starting group than a downright terrible bench unit. But this is all dependent on us continuing to play well with JV out so I guess we can have this argument 6 weeks from now.
                  You can always have 1 of Lowry or DD on the court. Casey can stagger them and this wouldn't be a problem. This ain't hockey you don't need to have 5 bench guys on at once.

Comment

Biyombo looks a lot better with the starters when Patterson is in for Scola. That's how he found himself so wide open for dunks in the 4th - all Cleveland's defenders were stuck to the perimeter, one Raptor drives with the ball, Biyombo's man rotates to stop the drive, Biyombo is open.

Still, the second rotation is pretty basic stuff and most teams not depending on JR Smith on the weak side will be able to make it.

Biyombo with the starters and Scola are -3 on the season. BB with the starters and Patterson are +15. Small sample sizes still, though.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I hope it isn't just 1 game and the Raptors are finally learning how to use Biyombo instead of handing him the ball in the post or terrible positions. Teams won't guard him. He cuts, hope he catches the pass and dunks.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                        I hope it isn't just 1 game and the Raptors are finally learning how to use Biyombo instead of handing him the ball in the post or terrible positions. Teams won't guard him. He cuts, hope he catches the pass and dunks.
                        Next teams are Wiz and Suns. Both with guys who can pressure the ball. Love + Cunningham isnt a double team

Comment

• LETS BE REAL - for this team to be a contender WHILE keeping JV we need a big man who does what JV cannot. A PF who can shoot treys bc JV is in the paint to solve spacing issues but also an elite shot blocker on defence. Is it possible for one player to exist ? Or do we just move JV for a better version of biyombo since his shot blocking is needed.
                          in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
                            LETS BE REAL - for this team to be a contender WHILE keeping JV we need a big man who does what JV cannot. A PF who can shoot treys bc JV is in the paint to solve spacing issues but also an elite shot blocker on defence. Is it possible for one player to exist ? Or do we just move JV for a better version of biyombo since his shot blocking is needed.
                            i think that they want bennet in that role. if he could put it together, wow. 3 point range, ball penetration that is a tough guard at the 4.

Comment

sorry, that is just a terrible, terrible, terrioble, terrible, awful incredibly incorrect idea

Comment

• I don't think it's unfathomable to see Biyombo emerge as a better fit with the starters over the next 5 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X