No announcement yet.

Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=WJF;490849]Read this article from the start of last season http://www.charlotteobserver.com/spo...le9228869.html[/QUOTE

I can't read but I'm going to assume it says terrific individual defender rebounder and shot blocker.
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
      Dan, Is the Mini MLE , is there a larger MLE?
      There are three MLE's. The large one is for teams that start over the cap but will not exceed the tax apron (4M above the tax line). About 6M per year.

The "mini" MLE is for teams that will exceed the tax apron. About 3M per year.

The Room MLE is for teams that use cap space. It allows them to exceed the cap with a small two year, 5.75M deal (2.9 per year or so) after using all their cap space. This is the one Biyombo is signed to.

Any team only gets one of the above three exceptions each year.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
        WJF wrote: View Post
        Read this article from the start of last season http://www.charlotteobserver.com/spo...le9228869.html
        I can't read but I'm going to assume it says terrific individual defender rebounder and shot blocker.
        How do you manage to post on here? That's really impressive. Let's all give thead a hand.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Biyombo is a terrible free throw shooter. The main strength is he can finish PnR lobs and Wright is apparently great at them but then again Bebe is strong there too

Comment

[QUOTE=thead;490858]
            Read this article from the start of last season http://www.charlotteobserver.com/spo...le9228869.html[/QUOTE

It says he has effort issues and that Clifford started Maxiell over him because of that. But then it focuses on the fact that Maxiell has a high BBall IQ and is a 10 year vet.
            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
            Because its 2015

Comment

I agree, but he never gets the credit, especially for such a young player.
              Yes, but how old is he really?

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                How do you manage to post on here? That's really impressive. Let's all give thead a hand.
                I'm going to assume you said I was right
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post

It says he has effort issues and that Clifford started Maxiell over him because of that. But then it focuses on the fact that Maxiell has a high BBall IQ and is a 10 year vet.
                  I should have used the pink font

Comment

The point is he's a young centre that is already better than any option we've had at back up C in a while. He brings a defensive mindset and will get some rebounds, block some shots and generally annoy people with his length. For 3million per in this market that is tremendous value. He brings what this team sorely needed at back up C and still has room to improve.
                    We don't actually know that he is any better than Bebe for the record.

Some people want to talk like this guy is elite at defence and will be a great part of the rotation when reality is, he had yet to prove that he's capable of more than fringe rotation player.

I'm fine with the signing, I just don't see it as moving the needle. He is basically replacing Hayes and possibly Hans. We still need someone for Amir's minutes.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                      We don't actually know that he is any better than Bebe for the record.

Some people want to talk like this guy is elite at defence and will be a great part of the rotation when reality is, he had yet to prove that he's capable of more than fringe rotation player.

I'm fine with the signing, I just don't see it as moving the needle. He is basically replacing Hayes and possibly Hans. We still need someone for Amir's minutes.
                      If anyone thinks signing Biyombo to a 2yr/6mil contract is gonna move the needle, they need their head checked.
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        If anyone thinks signing Biyombo to a 2yr/6mil contract is gonna move the needle, they need their head checked.
                        You don't think he's going to help improve the defense/rebounding of our bench unit?
                        Because its 2015

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                          Yes, but how old is he really?
                          I am talking about JV, we know how old he is.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

some fast facts on Biyombo's defence & rebounding to put it in perspective

- his 2.9blks per 36min and 6.3 block percentage ranked 4th last season behind Rudy Gobert, Hassan Whiteside and John Henson (with a minimum of 1,000 minutes)
                            - He held opponents to just 0.55 points per possession in isolation situations. Placing him in the 95th percentile.
                            - Ranked 9th in offensive rebounding percentage among players who logged at least 1,000 minutes last season.
                            - has one of the highest +/- net differences in team defence and rebounding on the court vs when he sat.
                            - 11.8rebs per 36min ranks him top 15 in the league last season.

not bad for $3mil a year...

Comment

You don't think he's going to help improve the defense/rebounding of our bench unit?
                              He definitely will. I was just saying he's not a game changer lol

I really like the Biyombo and 2pat pairing if we can find a starting 4
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
                                some fast facts on Biyombo's defence & rebounding to put it in perspective

- his 2.9blks per 36min and 6.3 block percentage ranked 4th last season behind Rudy Gobert, Hassan Whiteside and John Henson (with a minimum of 1,000 minutes)
                                - He held opponents to just 0.55 points per possession in isolation situations. Placing him in the 95th percentile.
                                - Ranked 9th in offensive rebounding percentage among players who logged at least 1,000 minutes last season.
                                - has one of the highest +/- net differences in team defence and rebounding on the court vs when he sat.
                                - 11.8rebs per 36min ranks him top 15 in the league last season.

not bad for $3mil a year...
                                yup!
                                Because its 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X