Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    This is so fucking retarded. KAT looks like he could easily be the best C and maybe even a top 5 player in the league for his whole career. Who's going to be able to guard a 7 footer who's big enough to post up and does so at an elite level, and can shoot from the outside? The answer is no-fucking body.

You want to draft some skinny stretch 4 to play C? Be ready for that guy to get abused even worse by Towns because he won't be able to handle him on the inside or on the glass. Be ready for that guy to be an injury risk playing against bigger guys (guys being forced to play against bigger guys frequently leads to more wear and tear injuries). Be ready for if that guy isn't hitting his outside shot, he'll be completely owned and useless in the matchup. Shooting is a sought-after skill, but even with more big shooters being scouted and drafted, most of them flat out do not fit at C. Often too skinny and not tough enough on the inside.
    I think Kristaps once he gains weight will be able to guard him and, same with Dragan Bender, Skal Labisiere and Zhou Qi. Bigs have to be more mobile.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DeRozan and JV are both on the same team. Idk why people try to pit them against each other it doesn't even make sense. If they were used properly and we actually had great coaching they could complement each other very nicely.

Look at my avatar and see how good they look together lol stop the fighting

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
        big deal,

Lowry and JV are the best pg/c combo in the east.
        I'd give it to Jackson/Drummond
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          I think Kristaps once he gains weight will be able to guard him and, same with Dragan Bender, Skal Labisiere and Zhou Qi. Bigs have to be more mobile.
          I keep seeing these Zhou Qi talks. There's so much hype about this kid. Have you even seen him play? Be honest. With the same logic, guys like M. Gasol, Drummond, Whiteside, DJ, Vucevic, Noah will all be worthless because they won't be able to guard KAT on the perimeter in a couple of years. Correct?
          MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
            DeRozan and JV are both on the same team. Idk why people try to pit them against each other it doesn't even make sense. If they were used properly and we actually had great coaching they could complement each other very nicely.

Look at my avatar and see how good they look together lol stop the fighting
            Your right they do complement each other well. I just don't see raptors becoming title contender with both of them. Unless Jv becomes a legit All-star player. I don't see that happening I hope I'm wrong it would be nice to have two players the raptors drafted take them to the promise land.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Your right they do complement each other well. I just don't see raptors becoming title contender with both of them. Unless Jv becomes a legit All-star player. I don't see that happening I hope I'm wrong it would be nice to have two players the raptors drafted take them to the promise land.
              I agree with the bold, just not anything said thereafter.

Either way, Biyombo cannot play himself into the starters role. If you are moving JV, it's for a hell of a lot more than Gallo.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Even if all three of JV, KL and DD are all star level players, that doesn't make Raptors a contender.
                MeDar ReDozan

Comment

Please explain why bigs have to be more mobile. To chase guys off the line? To chase their matchup off the line? Who exactly is going to block a 7'3'' guy's shot at the 3 pt line? You can't even guard Durant's shot at the line with tall defenders and he's several inches shorter than Porzingis.

You need your big to be able to protect the inside and rebound. They will still need to bang with other bigs, and be a presence to deter drivers/cutters. They'll need to able to handle the grind of playing against big guys for a full NBA season. None of these guys you mention have shown they can do so yet.

I mean, look at a guy like Aldridge, who's pretty damn strong and has good height at PF (big enough to play C). He still hates playing C because of the toll it takes.

Comment

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
                    I keep seeing these Zhou Qi talks. There's so much hype about this kid. Have you even seen him play? Be honest. With the same logic, guys like M. Gasol, Drummond, Whiteside, DJ, Vucevic, Noah will all be worthless because they won't be able to guard KAT on the perimeter in a couple of years. Correct?
                    Marc Gasol and Noah are already 30 so they'll start to decline soon. If they haven't already. The other guys are more agile than JV is .
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Even if all three of JV, KL and DD are all star level players, that doesn't make Raptors a contender.
                      I disagree.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Marc Gasol and Noah are already 30 so they'll start to decline soon. If they haven't already. The other guys are more agile than JV is .
                        No they really aren't. Drummond, Whiteside and DJ are more athletic. They are more explosive. They do not move better laterally in small spaces by any significant margin. You can still exploit all 3 very easily in the p'n'r if you have a good guard. And Vuc, Towns, Okafor and probably some other young bigs I'm forgetting, don't exactly measure out as fleet-footed speedsters.

Heck, Washington was doing that with little issue with Gortat against your boy Biyombo until they basically "JV'ed" him out of the game and stopped passing to him. And Biyombo might be quicker than all these guys.

Comment

3 allstars on one team doesn't equal contender? In what world?

Comment

I'd give it to Jackson/Drummond
                            looking up stats,

Carrol and Lowry are the 4th best 2 man combo in the east right now....hmmm...

But I still give it to Lowry and JV over Detroit.

Drummond is a beast, but so is Lowry.

Comment

I don't think you're including some crucial considerations here.

Porzingis could become strong enough to play C, at least theoretically. Maybe he can't with his body type though, as not all guys can gain strength/size the same way. And if he does, does he stay as athletic? Does it maybe even influence his shooting mechanics? There's lots to consider, and right now a guy like him fits very well and very naturally at the PF spot. Why would you try and change his game? Or force physical changes that influence his effectiveness? Usually that kind of thing is an even worse choice with more perimeter oriented guys, especially if they have great athleticism.
                              Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Dec 1, 2015, 01:54 PM. Reason: quoted wrong post

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Please explain why bigs have to be more mobile. To chase guys off the line? To chase their matchup off the line? Who exactly is going to block a 7'3'' guy's shot at the 3 pt line? You can't even guard Durant's shot at the line with tall defenders and he's several inches shorter than Porzingis.

You need your big to be able to protect the inside and rebound. They will still need to bang with other bigs, and be a presence to deter drivers/cutters. They'll need to able to handle the grind of playing against big guys for a full NBA season. None of these guys you mention have shown they can do so yet.

I mean, look at a guy like Aldridge, who's pretty damn strong and has good height at PF (big enough to play C). He still hates playing C because of the toll it takes.
                                You don't have to block the shot but, you have to be able to get out there and guard. KAT and Kristaps are already better rim protectors than Jv. The rest will come once they start getting bigger.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X