Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Thing is that other player for the Knicks is going to be Melo playing the 4.
    Not necessarily. And that's one out of the other 4 players.

Comment

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
      According to most fans KL and DD are all star level players at the moment. Improved JV doesn't make them that much better. I think you have to have a top 10 player to contend, neither of three are or ever be.
      What if those three players are top 5 at their respective positions?
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Then you still need very good depth and more importantly, elite coaching. The former is a bit sketchy for us right now, and the latter is clearly not the current case.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Not necessarily. And that's one out of the other 4 players.
          the 3 other players are all perimeter players
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I think that would do it but I don't consider neither of them to be or have potential to be top 5 at their respective positions.
            MeDar ReDozan

Comment

the 3 other players are all perimeter players
              Not all perimeter players can supply consistent shooting. CLE had a fairly easy time hiding bigs on Green and Iggy in the finals. And there could be worse options for most teams.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Then you still need very good depth and more importantly, elite coaching. The former is a bit sketchy for us right now, and the latter is clearly not the current case.
                Right now KL/DD are playing like the best backcourt in the east
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
                  I think that would do it but I don't consider neither of them to be or have potential to be top 5 at their respective positions.
                  You can very easily make an argument for Lowry as a top 5 point guard. Only spots 1-3 (Curry, Paul, Westbrook) seem to be written in stone but from 4 to like 11, you won't find agreement on.

What should be taken into account though is top 5 at one position isn't the same for another.
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

It doesn't but, I don't see a single category where JV would be better than BB at.
                    For a C rim protection and rebounding is pretty mich what they are asked to do.

Comment

Not all perimeter players can supply consistent shooting. CLE had a fairly easy time hiding bigs on Green and Iggy in the finals. And there could be worse options for most teams.

That why Iggy won Finals MVP cause they had Mosgov guarding him. Even if they can't shot Jv can't guard them from the paint.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I think Kristaps once he gains weight will be able to guard him and, same with Dragan Bender, Skal Labisiere and Zhou Qi. Bigs have to be more mobile.
                        Gaining weight isnt just about eating more. I dont see Qi or Kristaps having the frame to support alot of weight. KD is skinny now but he is still bigger than his rookie season but hell never be Melo or LeBron size

Comment

That why Iggy won Finals MVP cause they had Mosgov guarding him. Even if they can't shot Jv can't guard them from the paint.
                          Iggy won entirely for his D on LeBron. Same for kawhi the year before. Iffy especially it had nothing to do with what he did on offence. And he had help with guys relieving him for minutes so he could keep that up for a series.

Comment

Warriors are the ONLY team that can play 5 smalls and not be destroyed inside or at the rim. Thus, they are NBAChamps. Trading JV because of one team who isnt even in the same conference makes no sense.

Comment

Iggy won entirely for his D on LeBron. Same for kawhi the year before. Iffy especially it had nothing to do with what he did on offence. And he had help with guys relieving him for minutes so he could keep that up for a series.

Either way my point is that game plan didn't work. Iggy kept getting open pull up jumpers.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Either way my point is that game plan didn't work. Iggy kept getting open pull up jumpers.
                                Movgov is easily handled by Green so he is a liabilty on D and no benefit on O. Cavs didnt really have anything to stop GSW. JV is much, much better offensively than Movgov whether he is used and can punish Green, who knows? If Raptors get to the Final and lose because JV is slow most people would gladly accept that

Comment

Working...
                                X