Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    Is Andre Drummond still playing in the NBA?
    He is but, his not putting up 20 and 20 every night anymore
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      He is but, his not putting up 20 and 20 every night anymore
      His last 20/20 was 5 days ago. Biz has been rebounding at a high level, Drummond's straight up ridiculous.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

I think BB is leading the league in Reb% ever since JV got hurt.
        Nope.

Since Nov 20th, Biyombo is behind Pachulia, Kanter, Drummond, Jordan and the Spurs' monster, Marjanovic (among players with >10 games played), and is tied with Whiteside. His total REB% is 21.3 in that time, slightly higher than his season-long 20.7%, and a little above JV's season number of 19.3%.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Nope.

Since Nov 20th, Biyombo is behind Pachulia, Kanter, Drummond, Jordan and the Spurs' monster, Marjanovic (among players with >10 games played), and is tied with Whiteside. His total REB% is 21.3 in that time, slightly higher than his season-long 20.7%, and a little above JV's season number of 19.3%.
          That's still impressive.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

That's still impressive.
            Agreed. Biz is a positive on the boards, and a decent defender. His offensive numbers are awful though, and JV has a better Drtg as well.

Comment

That's still impressive.
              For sure. Just weird that I didn't see you making the same praises for JV last year. Last season, among players with 50 games played and 20 MPG, JV was only behind Jordan, Drummond, Asik, Cousins, Chandler and Gobert in TREB%. That's 7th for the whole year, whereas BB is tied for 4th (when applying the 20 MPG filter) for a month and there's no end of drooling...
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Agreed. Biz is a positive on the boards, and a decent defender. His offensive numbers are awful though, and JV has a better Drtg as well.
                Watching that game last night. Do you really think JV is a better defender than Biz? Come on man numbers aren't everything.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  For sure. Just weird that I didn't see you making the same praises for JV last year. Last season, among players with 50 games played and 20 MPG, JV was only behind Jordan, Drummond, Asik, Cousins, Chandler and Gobert in TREB%. That's 7th for the whole year, whereas BB is tied for 4th (when applying the 20 MPG filter) for a month and there's no end of drooling...
                  Cause I've never seen JV come into a game cold and get 10 rebounds in 9 mins
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Watching that game last night. Do you really think JV is a better defender than Biz? Come on man numbers aren't everything.
                    I think JV is a somewhat underrated defender, and Biz is slightly overrated because of his block numbers. JV has pretty good defensive footwork, and hasn't been biting on pump fakes this year. He plays solid straight up defense, and doesn't take as many fouls as he did in previous seasons.

Comment

I think JV is a somewhat underrated defender, and Biz is slightly overrated because of his block numbers. JV has pretty good defensive footwork, and hasn't been biting on pump fakes this year. He plays solid straight up defense, and doesn't take as many fouls as he did in previous seasons.
                      Well you entitled to your opinion. Watching the game last night the defensive impact between the two isn't close to me. Its obvious that BB the better defender. Just like its obvious JV is a better offensive player. There is a reason why Casey sub JV off for D in crunch time.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Well you entitled to your opinion. Watching the game last night the defensive impact between the two isn't close to me. Its obvious that BB the better defender. Just like its obvious JV is a better offensive player. There is a reason why Casey sub JV off for D in crunch time.
                        Casey subs JV off for crunch time because for some inane reason Casey thinks JV isn't ready for crunch time, despite being our most efficient offensive player and an above average defender. It's always been a thing with Casey, and it's not a defensible one.

Looking at the stats, Biz was the slightly better defender last night. Incidentally, JV actually had a better rebounding percentage than Biz did last night.

Comment

Casey subs JV off for crunch time because for some inane reason Casey thinks JV isn't ready for crunch time, despite being our most efficient offensive player and an above average defender. It's always been a thing with Casey, and it's not a defensible one.

Looking at the stats, Biz was the slightly better defender last night. Incidentally, JV actually had a better rebounding percentage than Biz did last night.
                          Casey plays JV in crunch but, just offence cause he has a better defensive option on bench.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Watching the entirety of the season, I'd say Biyombo's defence is hugely overrated.

He is, maybe, slightly better defensively than JV. He does have some mobility advantage that could be helpful against quicker players. But his low-post defence is actually pretty poor.

But this is all academic. Because of his offensive ineptitude, the team is fucking miles worse with him as opposed to JV.

Comment

• Everything Bismack Biyombo

BB is more mobile than JV no doubt.

JV is bigger, taller and longer.

You can tell how the coaches feel as BB gets subbed in for defense and I think it's the right call.

Also, I think BB is probably a better rebounder as well. Biz just seems to go out and get rebounds and give us second chances with his hustle. JV just doesn't have the same mobility.

Offensively there's no debate whatsoever. JV>>>>BB.

A great tandem to have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• RPM likes Biz's defence , +2.81 vs JV's +0.80.

On the other hand, only 3 players in the league have a worse offensive number than his -4.19.
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X