Everything Cory Joseph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooch wrote: View Post
    I dont disagree, but advanced statistics do show that trading lowry now, while a gamble, is not the huge risk its being made to be.

Joseph has shown he has the ability to become a very capable start, perhaps not an allstar, but more than enough to hold his own especially when considering the return one would get from a Lowry Trade.

Problem is that alot of Raptors Fans cannot get past their own players perceived value, and cannot look toward replacement value in multiple pieces. Same thing happens when Demars name comes up in a hypothetical trade.

Lowry was an allstar, you cannot just up and trade him...well sure you can, will Joseph be as good as Lowry next season, probably not, would he be a capable starter? all signs point to yes. Would Lowry net a positive return that would help the franchise now and in the future? Can't see a reason why not.

If we are to deal Lowry, it has to be a PG and PF coming back.

Whose got those 2 pieces available as we speak that is looking to make a payoff push?

3 teams come to mind: Dallas, New Orleans and Boston.

The trade for Bradley and Olynyk was discussed for DD, why not Lowry instead? Bradley is a good back up PG/SG option, and Olynyk at the 4 would be a pretty solid fit and can help stretch the floor.

NOLA has talked about dealing Ryan Anderson. Lowry gives them a legit PG. As for who we take back at that spot if we were to deal, Douglas or Cole are both viable backup PG's.

The last deal I had in mind was to give the Mavs Lowry for Devon Harris and the rights to both Amare Stoudemire and Greg Smith.

Do any of these seem reasonable to anyone?
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
      Obviously it depends what you get back for Lowry but as of this very moment we have no idea how CoJo or Wright would operate as the Raptors PG. You don't go trading your starters without knowing you're covered.

Even with Lowry who we traded a lottery pick for we still kept Calderon that year just in case it didn't work.
      Exactly my point
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
        Obviously it depends what you get back for Lowry but as of this very moment we have no idea how CoJo or Wright would operate as the Raptors PG. You don't go trading your starters without knowing you're covered.

Even with Lowry who we traded a lottery pick for we still kept Calderon that year just in case it didn't work.
        You do if your starter (notoriously stubborn) and your coach (notoriously stubborn) don't like each other to the point of making negative comments during end of season fluffer interviews.

Lowry's contract is great. Lowry, when healthy and mentally fit, is great on the court. But Lowry isn't a perfect teammate or player (feuds with coaches, "swag crew" rumours, hero ball). If Lowry and Casey clash, can you not foresee Casey turning to an experienced, classy PG who can defend, score and provide Championship level experience?

I haven't been beating this drum since the exit interviews, but I still believe that Lowry's value will be worse at the deadline or next offseason compared to now. Having both Cory Joseph and Delon Wright makes that trade much easier to accept, especially if it lands you a starting PF.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• This team is crap if Lowry isn't playing well. And it's also crap if we trade him for some kind of favors based deal, or really any other realistic trade.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Like if we replace him with favors how are we any better than Utah last year?

"Bruno?
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• I don't get all this. Teams need 3 point guards. Just because a team has 2 back up point guards that are of a high quality does not mean that the best point guard is going to be moved. At the end of the day teams still need 3 point guards and GV wasn't good enough to start in spots -- Lou wasn't ideal as a third point guard. Now we have 3 quality point guards. Why does this have to be about moving one? Why can't this be resolving a need? The Raps needed better defensive players behind Lowry, they got that, the end.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                I don't get all this. Teams need 3 point guards. Just because a team has 2 back up point guards that are of a high quality does not mean that the best point guard is going to be moved. At the end of the day teams still need 3 point guards and GV wasn't good enough to start in spots -- Lou wasn't ideal as a third point guard. Now we have 3 quality point guards. Why does this have to be about moving one? Why can't this be resolving a need? The Raps needed better defensive players behind Lowry, they got that, the end.

It's all about netting us a better frontcourt. I mean, we still need a PF.
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                  I think Patterson is better than Joseph

Or at least just as good.

"Bruno?
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

dont know why, Raptor dont even really use JV.

Comment

• Give Lowry another year or 2 while Cory and delon develop. One of them will turn out to be a very good point guard, and Lowry will be on a great deal that a contender will throw a ton of picks at to put them over the top.
                      I like Cory though, he was being groomed into tony Parker, picked same spot in the draft, similar game at the nba level at 23, except Cory was known as a shooter out of college but now is an attack the basket guy, and is better defensively and rebounding

Comment

• draps wrote: View Post
                        Give Lowry another year or 2 while Cory and delon develop. One of them will turn out to be a very good point guard, and Lowry will be on a great deal that a contender will throw a ton of picks at to put them over the top.
                        I like Cory though, he was being groomed into tony Parker, picked same spot in the draft, similar game at the nba level at 23, except Cory was known as a shooter out of college but now is an attack the basket guy, and is better defensively and rebounding
                        coJo could also be more George Hill than Parker. good starter but not an all-star

Comment

So you want to create a bigger hole to solve a small one? Pat pat can start for a stretch, psycho T can help out, so can James and Demarre. Who can help out at point guard if you strip the team of any of the 3?

You don't solve issues by creating worse issues.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            coJo could also be more George Hill than Parker. good starter but not an all-star
                            He's much faster with the ball and better at attacking than hill imo

Comment

• draps wrote: View Post
                              He's much faster with the ball and better at attacking than hill imo
                              but hes not as good as Parker attacking but a better defender. hes somewhere between Hill and Parker which makes sense since hes a Popovich PG.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                                So you want to create a bigger hole to solve a small one? Pat pat can start for a stretch, psycho T can help out, so can James and Demarre. Who can help out at point guard if you strip the team of any of the 3?

You don't solve issues by creating worse issues.
                                1. Tyler isn't signed yet, if we do bring him back.

2. I'll admit I don't mind Patterson starting.

3. You never, ever put Carroll at the 4 spot. It's a disaster. He can guard 4's, but can't play there.

4. You move Lowry, you obviously get a PG in return. CoJo becomes the starter.
                                Axel wrote:
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                KeonClark wrote:

Comment

Working...
                                X