No announcement yet.

Everything Cory Joseph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cujo will look really good running the point with the slimmer JV that used to be a beast at rolling to the rim.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post

Was just watching this... the way Cory Joseph attacks (Don't wanna get ahead of myself here but...) really reminds me of a young Tony Parker. The quick moves to the rim and then the acrobatic finishes in traffic are really similar. Also really liked a few of those drive and drop off passes.
      He reminds me of a young Kevin Johnson with the way he attacks the basket. I'm super excited to see him in a Raps uniform and compete in the east. Should be somewhat of a relief for him than battling in that brutal Southwest division.
      #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Was just watching this... the way Cory Joseph attacks (Don't wanna get ahead of myself here but...) really reminds me of a young Tony Parker. The quick moves to the rim and then the acrobatic finishes in traffic are really similar. Also really liked a few of those drive and drop off passes.
        there is our secondary rim attacker after Lowry.

There is going to be a hell of an attack from the pg spot this season. Cant wait to see what they can do with JV and Carroll

Comment

• ^ I think you mean tertiary after Lowry and DeRozan. I'm sure those two will both have more drives than him next year. But yeah I expect him to be a weapon with his ability to penetrate and finish/dish.

Comment

• if we actually run horns with this roster alternating Corey Joseph and even Terrence Ross onto the wing, between Carroll, Patterson and company that corner 3 is going to kill anyone that helps to the center. Also of note. Those same roster additions will allow the pick n roll game to blow wide open because if you help on a rolling JV, SOMEONE is open
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Without going thru the thread just wondering if the spurs showed any interest in resigning Cory or were the economics just not there with alderage being pursued

Comment

^ I think you mean tertiary after Lowry and DeRozan. I'm sure those two will both have more drives than him next year. But yeah I expect him to be a weapon with his ability to penetrate and finish/dish.
                As a playmaker tho i think cojo is better than dd when attacking the rim. Dd is much better as a scorer when driving but i think cojo will be better at finding our shooters.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                  if we actually run horns with this roster alternating Corey Joseph and even Terrence Ross onto the wing, between Carroll, Patterson and company that corner 3 is going to kill anyone that helps to the center. Also of note. Those same roster additions will allow the pick n roll game to blow wide open because if you help on a rolling JV, SOMEONE is open
                  Yeah, and you can even use Horns with a Mid-range shot (DD and Scola) if you can get the space.

The Mid-Range shot is just as important as the 3.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    Yeah, and you can even use Horns with a Mid-range shot (DD and Scola) if you can get the space.

The Mid-Range shot is just as important as the 3.
                    pats has a good mid-range Pick - Pop game too and Bebe can roll really well with a pretty good high vert

Comment

• If he can become a knock-down shooter, he can be great.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                        If he can become a knock-down shooter, he can be great.
                        He actually doesn't. Parker, Rubio, Wall and other PG are terrible shooters but they have shooters around them. If CoJo want to play next to Demar he needs to shoot but otherwise it isn't a priority. Better shooting is great but defense, passing, getting to the rim and moving defenses is much more important

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                          He actually doesn't. Parker, Rubio, Wall and other PG are terrible shooters but they have shooters around them. If CoJo want to play next to Demar he needs to shoot but otherwise it isn't a priority. Better shooting is great but defense, passing, getting to the rim and moving defenses is much more important
                          But all those guys you named except maybe Rubio are still more consistent shooters than Cory. He doesn't need to be knock down but he at least needs to get a bit better so he can keep the defense honest.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                            But all those guys you named except maybe Rubio are still more consistent shooters than Cory. He doesn't need to be knock down but he at least needs to get a bit better so he can keep the defense honest.
                            It's an element he needs to work on but if CoJo was a player who plays really tough D, is super fast and could knock down shots he wouldn't be available for 7.5M. There is an expectation of development

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              He's going to be fine as-is, but I said great.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                                How is Corey Joseph is an inconsistent shooter? He made more than he missed last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X