X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell
    replied
    Abbas wrote: View Post
    I don't understand he's not an official employee of Raptors, how can the NBA even fine us. This happened a couple years ago when KD was at his concert.

It's even a random fan yelling out "Hey Vince, come to Torotonto" and NBA fining the Raptors due to a fan tempering
    Drake is not a random fan though. MLSE publicly recognized Drake as our global ambassador. It would be different if Drake called himself a Raptors global ambassador, but MLSE and Raps stayed quiet.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    Vince wants more playing time than he can get with the Raptors. Next season he stays with Sacramento. But he joins the Raptors the season after that to collect a ring with his original team. :-)

Leave a comment:

• Abbas
    replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post
    Drake needs to chill with obvious tampering.
    I don't understand he's not an official employee of Raptors, how can the NBA even fine us. This happened a couple years ago when KD was at his concert.

It's even a random fan yelling out "Hey Vince, come to Torotonto" and NBA fining the Raptors due to a fan tempering

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    Drake needs to chill with obvious tampering.

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    I will forever be a Drake fan if he can make this happen.

Lol, Drake about to get fined

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    I will forever be a Drake fan if he can make this happen.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    I live in Calgary and Vince going to Toronto would be very similar to the flames signing jaromir jagr. There would be a ton of hype, new jerseys sold, press conferences and standing ovations. But 2 or 3 weeks in when the dust settles, all that will matter is "can he still play"

For all the fanfare jagr got on arrival, he was released and it barely made a blip in comparison when fans and media realized he was too slow to play antmoee

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post
    Hollywood would create a movie about Raptors and Vince if he hit a game-winner in the NBA Finals... For sure.

Ok, I'm day dreaming.
    This would put us on the right side of the NBA conspiracy, because professional sports is pretty much like soap operas for guys. Lowry won't like giving up some of the spotlight to VC, that's for sure.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    I've never been able to find the quote but I swear I remember it being reported that he "mentored" Mo Pete on something to the effect of pacing himself to ensure he would have a long career. I honestly think that was maybe Carter's highest priority for himself, too. Just wanted to be a good basketball player, play for a really long time, and get paid.

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk
    Yeah he seems to treat his body and the game with great respect, just doesn't value winning as the be all end all.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Agreed lol

A finals appearance WITH Toronto would be such a neat feather in the cap of his legacy

But yeah he just seems to like warm climates and the fun NBA life lol, he is not a Larry Bird/MJ/Mamba that's for damn sure
    I've never been able to find the quote but I swear I remember it being reported that he "mentored" Mo Pete on something to the effect of pacing himself to ensure he would have a long career. I honestly think that was maybe Carter's highest priority for himself, too. Just wanted to be a good basketball player, play for a really long time, and get paid.

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Agreed lol

A finals appearance WITH Toronto would be such a neat feather in the cap of his legacy

But yeah he just seems to like warm climates and the fun NBA life lol, he is not a Larry Bird/MJ/Mamba that's for damn sure
    Watch him get bought out.. and then goes to Miami to "chase a ring". LOL

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Does Vince look like the kind of guy that wants to chase a ring? Why else would he play in Sacramento or Dallas or Phoenix? I think he just likes getting paid.
    Agreed lol

Leave a comment:

• Raptor Jesus
    replied
    Grange's article has a major point that I saw someone bring up, can't recall who, what it means to DD/KLOE and the rest of the team.

The Raptors have consulted some of their veterans about how they might feel – hypothetically – about the inevitable attention Carter’s return would generate.

The feedback has been positive, according to multiple sources.

“Whatever makes us better,” one player said.
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...layoff-puzzle/

I mean the hollywood script writes itself if this goes down.

What does KLOE DD and Dwane think of the additional attention, obvious lazy reporter questions, bringing up the past and the like. Is the distraction worth it?

I'd watch the shit out of that movie tho, dang I'm still watch 'The Carter Effect'

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Does Vince look like the kind of guy that wants to chase a ring? Why else would he play in Sacramento or Dallas or Phoenix? I think he just likes getting paid.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    If VC makes it here we are going to the Finals because that will be a clear sign we are living a Hollywood script in a parallel universe and back in our own reality the Raptors are still a barely .500 team worried about losing their only good player.
    I mean..any normally wired twilight of his career vet would WANT to go to a finals contender for the last few months, regardless of the storyline...you'd think

Leave a comment:

Working...
X