Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    Since VC threads pop up every couple months, I've merged the 4 most recent ones. There's a poll related to his potential HOF induction, as well as a few articles for reference (see post #1 and post #187, though the latter is missing a link, hint hint)... should be a good start. Carry on.

Leave a comment:

• BS10
    replied
    Are Raptor fans still angry at Vince Carter?

After the Barry Taylor article on whether the Raptor's franchise should retire Vince Carter's #15 jersey, its clear that there is still an undercurrent of fans who are still unhappy about the situation with the trading of VC. Do you think their anger is justified? Should they still be unhappy with Vince Carter's decision to leave? Or the opposite, do you feel he should be forgiven? Do you think the 10 years since he's left is more than enough time for the healing process? Feel free to discuss it.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    if it was nhl, nfl, or mlb he would not get in. the nba hof is the easiest one by far. also he is a quitter
    The NFL is probably the most difficult. There are guys like Terrell Davis (who rushed for over 2,000 yards, scored 23 TD in one season while being the focal point on a Super Bowl run and won the MVP) who don't even get in.

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    Vince made Simmon's List barely (The Book of Basketball was a great read).

I say he's in.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    Letter N wrote: View Post
    Hahaha pointing to one play is irrelevant, the end result is 2-points, and the end result is a career with no championships, no finals, no mvps, no 1st team selections, no defensive accolades, no individual awards outside of a ROY.
    if it was nhl, nfl, or mlb he would not get in. the nba hof is the easiest one by far. also he is a quitter

Leave a comment:

• rightsideup
    replied
    I hope Vince makes the hall it is time for raptor fans to forgive and forget as both sides could have handled themselves better at the time. I still get a kick when vince turns back the clock as did in that memorable series against the spurs two seasons ago.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    The HoF has a lot (a lot) of members who didn't achieve as much as an All-NBA award or a Championship (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...l_Hall_of_Fame). Good comparisons for Vince might be Alex English and Adrian Dantley, but hell - they put some of the Harlem Globetrotters in there. If being popular and dunking even were the only things Vince did well....

Leave a comment:

• Letter N
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Calm down. I think I'm talking to a brick wall. YOU went on a multi post diatribe about multiple all nba and being the best of the best of the best at your poistion being a hall of fame prerequisite. I pointed out dennis rodman, who was never those things, he was arguably the greatest role player of all time. But yknow, keep moving the goal posts because you dislike vince personally.
    I also said Vince has no accolades or All-Defensive merits either. In fact I wrote down all of the things he doesn't have that you NEED to partially have to be considered best of the best.

Rodman has multiple 1st-team All-Defense plus multiple Defensive Player of the Year awards. Vince has ROY and a dunking trophy.

No rings
    No MVPs
    No 1st Teams
    No All-Defence
    No NCAA title

No HOF

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Dennis Rodman is a guy you don't think belongs???????????????

Let me pick my jaw up off the floor.

Dennis Rodman?????

Dennis 'greatest rebounder in history' Rodman?????
    Dennis 'arguably greatest defender in history' Rodman???????
    Dennis 'shut down Karl Malone in two straight finals' Rodman??????
    Dennis 'guards 5 positions' Rodman???????
    Dennis 'multiple championships with two different teams' Rodman????????

When did you start watching basketball? 2000?
    And then did you never look back at what happened before that year?
    Calm down. I think I'm talking to a brick wall. YOU went on a multi post diatribe about multiple all nba and being the best of the best of the best at your poistion being a hall of fame prerequisite. I pointed out dennis rodman, who was never those things, he was arguably the greatest role player of all time. But yknow, keep moving the goal posts because you dislike vince personally.

Leave a comment:

• Snooch
    replied
    And PG don't take SG spots, the only times things like that happen are when they legitimately play multiple positions, like a Lebron counting as a 3 or a 4.
    Well then I guess you're lucky they did that or else Carter wouldn't have even made 2nd team that year.
    hmmm.

Must have been because he played Point Guard that year.

Leave a comment:

• Letter N
    replied
    Snooch wrote: View Post
    All NBA Second team in 2000 was

Dikimbe
    Garnett
    Carter
    Kobe
    McGrady

Pretty sure none of those guys played PG.

2002 first team
    Timmy
    kg
    shaq
    mcgrady
    kobe
    Well then I guess you're lucky they did that or else Carter wouldn't have even made 2nd team that year.

Leave a comment:

• Snooch
    replied

Dennis Rodman?????

Multiple incidences Rodman as well.

Leave a comment:

• Snooch
    replied
    All-NBA is the most objective look at who experts in the game believed were the best for the season. It's much more reliable than All-Star voting which is a bunch of kids and bored people willing to fill out surveys.

And PG don't take SG spots, the only times things like that happen are when they legitimately play multiple positions, like a Lebron counting as a 3 or a 4.

If you're not willing to accept All-NBA then you're not willing to accept logic when it comes to player ranking.
    All NBA Second team in 2000 was

Dikimbe
    Garnett
    Carter
    Kobe
    McGrady

Pretty sure none of those guys played PG.

2002 first team
    Timmy
    kg
    shaq
    mcgrady
    kobe

Leave a comment:

• Letter N
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I don't know where you got this idea that only the very best of the best get into thhe hall of fame. Maybe you should have a gander at who's actually in the hall. Lots of guys who just had nice long productive careers. I don't remember dennis rodman ever being the best at his position or even top 2 player on his own team. But next you'll say "count the ringzz" and your arguments will round into a full circle.

Dennis Rodman?????

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    All-NBA is the most objective look at who experts in the game believed were the best for the season. It's much more reliable than All-Star voting which is a bunch of kids and bored people willing to fill out surveys.

If you're not willing to accept All-NBA then you're not willing to accept logic when it comes to player ranking.
    I don't know where you got this idea that only the very best of the best get into thhe hall of fame. Maybe you should have a gander at who's actually in the hall. Lots of guys who just had nice long productive careers. I don't remember dennis rodman ever being the best at his position or even top 2 player on his own team. But next you'll say "count the ringzz" and your arguments will round into a full circle.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X