Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rightsideup
    replied
    I have witnessed Some of Vince's broadcast skills in summer leauge and on NBA Tv . Apparently he did some grizzly broadcast's when he was injured. He may become the only 44 year broadcaster who could win a still be competive in a dunk contest.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Cody73 wrote: View Post
    Truth is, 2 big things that we could've reversed that would've led to us being more successful with VC:

1. Keeping T-Mac and playing him at SF, his more natural position.

2. Or how about we go back earlier & not trade Chauncey Billups? Imagine those 3 together as a unit. You have everything you can want in a 1-2-3 punch right there. Throw in Christie off the bench as a 6th man & you have various combinations you could've used. The fact that we let 1 walk and we traded the other for nothing makes me mad to this day.
    Billups was one of those player who didn't "get it" right away. Unfortunately the Raptors were focused on pushing forward aggressively in that post Jordan NBA. The east stunk then and they weren't far away from making some noise. So they went all in and lost in the end.

As for McGrady. Vinsanity was huge and all eyes were on him. McGrady didn't want to be second fiddle and the team didn't do enough with him on top of that. The Raptors had no choice to keep him, he was gone.

McGrady had some mighty bad luck after leaving Toronto but not right away. When he was posting those amazing numbers his teams were losing. What does that tell us about his ability to make those around him better? Do we all forget that last year with the Magic? Ugly.

Anyway, the really funny thing is that Carter didn't want to be "the guy" and many times was way too passive. Meanwhile McGrady wanted to be the guy but felt he couldn't in Toronto... And they both left because they were unhappy.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Wanting out was justified.

But sulking, playing half-assed, and killing your trade valuable was inexcusable.
    Yes, he was totally unprofessional and classless through the whole ordeal. The Raptors had weak management but how he acted made it very difficult to find value. Anyone would have struggled.

I think because this happened so long ago and because no in sees a highlight reel of his despicable actions, a lot of people devalue the whole thing and how it put the team behind a decade. Yes I say decade because the team was set up for the long term built around him and took quite sometime to overcome the cap handcuffs. Then you also have the total embarrassment the team went through. The whole thing stained the team.

Leave a comment:

• CalibreMC
    replied
    Im fucken serious. Respect tho

Leave a comment:

• CalibreMC
    replied
    My start

dylan123 wrote: View Post
    Would love to see VC spend a season on our list, even just for nostalgic feels.

At least he'd be a vet that could hit the 3 ball...
    Im at a lose

Leave a comment:

• dylan123
    replied
    Would love to see VC spend a season on our list, even just for nostalgic feels.

At least he'd be a vet that could hit the 3 ball...

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Damn, how did we not win more:

3 reasons:

1. We let T-Mac walk alongside Doug Christie, thus ruining our depth the 2/3. It was Vince, Curry, Peterson, Williams, Corbin & David. Take out of two of those guys and place in McGrady & Christie.... you got better scoring & better D.

2. Vince got banged up quite a bit. 60 games played in 2002, 43 in 2003.

3. Vince sulked as the core around him got worse & older.... thus while he's in his prime, he decides to not give 2 shits, sink his trade value.... and we end up shipping him out to a division rival in the Nets. When Masai said FUCK BROOKLYN, he wasn't talking playoffs. He was talking this very trade.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Damn, how did we not win more:

Leave a comment:

• lewro
    replied
    What about VC on the mle next yr and possibly a broadcast gig waiting after retirement?

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    JimmyGetsBucketss wrote: View Post
    Man I feel like vince could have truly been one of the GOAT because of his superior athletic ability. I remember when he and kobe were equals. It's funny how their career paths went different directions.
    We can also play what if on if vince had shaq and then pau and Odom, or if kobe played wit Alvin williams then Richard jeffrson and nenad krstic

Leave a comment:

• JimmyGetsBucketss
    replied
    Man I feel like vince could have truly been one of the GOAT because of his superior athletic ability. I remember when he and kobe were equals. It's funny how their career paths went different directions.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post
    Still playing 25 minutes a night for a playoff team, and still doing stuff like this ...

Unreal. The form on that dunk is perfect! Cleaner than most could do it at half his age!
    I'll be pretty sad when Vince retires, but if TMAc makes it into the HOF, then Vince is a shoe-in.. so that's good at least.
    Vince is gonna do TV I think. That's what he wants anyway. Maybe he can take Leo's job!

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Still playing 25 minutes a night for a playoff team, and still doing stuff like this ...

Unreal. The form on that dunk is perfect! Cleaner than most could do it at half his age!
    I'll be pretty sad when Vince retires, but if TMAc makes it into the HOF, then Vince is a shoe-in.. so that's good at least.

Leave a comment:

• rightsideup
    replied
    His issue wasn't so much that he underachieved as it is that he nursed his injuries here & basically torpedoed his trade value. That's where he fucked up.
    Vince was a intelligent enough to see teammates like Alvin Williams careers go down the drain thru injures. This forum complains now about kyles usage. Vince is the first to admit he made mistakes but he could see the organization go down the toilet thru poor leadership at that time.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    His issue wasn't so much that he underachieved as it is that he nursed his injuries here & basically torpedoed his trade value. That's where he fucked up.
    I would say he underachieved, he could have been an mvp candidate. He had a few nice years here but nevwr got into that "elite" world, then kinda slid into being jason kidds assistant on some pretty good nets teams.

Amazing talent, you give that skill set the determination of westbrook or the defense of leonard, and he's an mvp going to multiple finals

Leave a comment:

Working...
X