Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF
    replied
    You guys are right. If they still get about 25k to take home with them then I don't feel that bad anymore. Bennett is better than all of them anyway so that's all that matters.

Leave a comment:

• charlesnba23
    replied
    Just wanted to pass by and say that I am really happy with this signing!

Go Raptors Go!

Can't wait to see this squad in action!

Leave a comment:

replied
    Minimum deal! Let's go!

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    GLF wrote: View Post
    The question I have i what happens with all those non guaranteed guys we signed? lol I feel kinda bad for them now. Just a bit
    business is business

Leave a comment:

• Shantz
    replied
    BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    They get cut, but don't feel too bad for them, they all had some money guaranteed, so they won't go out empty handed. At least 25k each, that's not too bad for not doing much so far.
    And some could very well receive D-League offers. Using a partially guaranteed training camp invite to basically double their season salary and to bring them into the D-League fold already.

Leave a comment:

• BobLoblaw
    replied
    GLF wrote: View Post
    The question I have i what happens with all those non guaranteed guys we signed? lol I feel kinda bad for them now. Just a bit
    They get cut, but don't feel too bad for them, they all had some money guaranteed, so they won't go out empty handed. At least 25k each, that's not too bad for not doing much so far.

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    is*

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    I'm happy about this signing. I'm going to expect very little and hope for the best.

The one thing I think Bennett needs more than anything is confidence. I really hope Casey can let Bennett do work on the second unit without yanking him for every little mistake.

Unfortunately, we have a lot of players who need that kind of treatment right now... Bennett, Bruno, Bebe, Delon, Powell. With capable vets in tow I think minutes are going to be a problem.

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    I really hope things work out for him here because he still has loads of potential.

Leave a comment:

• Bandit
    replied
    Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    Am I the only one worried by the fact 47% of Bennett's shots last year were long 2s and he only hit 33% considering how much we hate on everyone else on the team for jacking up inefficient long 2s?
    Not totally. He hasn't had any real positive playing time in the nba. Season one he was surrounded by the whole Irving and waiters dramas.

Season 2 he only played something like 50 minutes with Rubio and the rest with lavine.

So last year he didn't have a play maker really on the court with him and never has had a good environment to learn. So I think him resorting to shooting the long two could be addressed within a structured environment. Casey, despite his downfalls, does a good job at giving a couple things to focus on with his "role cards".

I think if we can make defense and rolling hard to the rim his focus he could be put in a position to succeed while we let the rest of his game grow. When he's moving to the rim he really finishes strong, don't see people get up and slam like he can very often.

He should be treated pretty much like a late first round or even second round pick at this point until he proves he deserves it, so his game should be open to being changed

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    welcome mr. bennett and good luck to you!

Leave a comment:

• Shantz
    replied
    And it's official.

Leave a comment:

• RepTdot
    replied
    stretch wrote: View Post
    Bennett doesn't need any time in the D league. It's not a good place for "development." It's helter skelter dominated by guard play. Not much sharing the rock. Europe is a place to go to work on skills.
    totally agree, the D-league is gonna be fun for fans cause its close to home & you know...Bruno & Bebe but its such an ugly league. Ball hogging, me first basketball cause everyone is trying to get noticed for the NBA....any FIBA league is much better way to actually "develop" as a player. Sending Bennett to the D-league probably does more harm than good.
    Last edited by RepTdot; Sun Sep 27, 2015, 02:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    phez wrote: View Post
    The haters will eat crow.
    Gladly, if we sign him to the minimum and he lives up to being a number one or even a lottery pick.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X