Everything Jared Sullinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quirk wrote: View Post
    If that happened, we would still not have a superstar.
    Are you suggesting Paul George is not a superstar...and just a quick follow up question, do you watch basketball?
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
      SO...say Sully blows up this season averages like 16pts 13 rebounds and 3 assists....

what mechanisms do we have to resign him.

Are we just going to wind up getting another big man his pay day....just not here?
      yep

Comment

Are you suggesting Paul George is not a superstar...and just a quick follow up question, do you watch basketball?
        haha. there might be an argument that he isn't a curry, durant, lebron level superstar. anyone of those guys on the lakers makes them contenders

Comment

Any definition of superstar that includes George would also include Lowry and JV. So either we would still have none or we would have three.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Comment

SO...say Sully blows up this season averages like 16pts 13 rebounds and 3 assists....

Are we just going to wind up getting another big man his pay day....just not here?
            Biyombo all over again, except instead of having to dump Ross to clear salary to sign him, we'd have to dump Ross, Patterson, CoJo and a bunch of young players. So, yeah, if he gets a big raise, it will be elsewhere.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

it is good branding for the player who feels he isn't getting his, while our young players we have control over develop. i have no problem with watching sully walk next year because he played fantastically.
              Last edited by Miekenstien; Wed Jul 27, 2016, 08:39 AM.

Comment

If he blows up like that, and everyone's healthy, we have a serious shot at getting to the finals. He'll probably still go for the money which will be justifiably thrown at him in that case (cf Biz), but there will at least be some hesitation about it.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Biyombo all over again, except instead of having to dump Ross to clear salary to sign him, we'd have to dump Ross, Patterson, CoJo and a bunch of young players. So, yeah, if he gets a big raise, it will be elsewhere.
                  which means we will either grow our starting 4 internally OR have to eventually trade for one

My secret hope is HE BLOWS UP right off the bat and we can package him, Ross and Wright and land us a LEGIT 4
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• If Raptors do something crazy like make the Finals and Sully dominates his matchup with Love. I could see him coming back.

Sully was a lock for the lottery in 2011. He decided to go back to school because he wanted to win a national championship more than get paid. This summer he turns down more money because he was wants to win. Anything is possible fellas.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I think he will be around 14 points, 8 rebounds and 3 assist. Sully and JV are too good of rebounders for either to average double digit rebounds. Both will be around 8-9.

Now I could see him averaging that against the Cavs in the conference finals. He averaged a double double against the Cavs when the Celtics got swept two years ago.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        If Raptors do something crazy like make the Finals and Sully dominates his matchup with Love. I could see him coming back.

Sully was a lock for the lottery in 2011. He decided to go back to school because he wanted to win a national championship more than get paid. This summer he turns down more money because he was wants to win. Anything is possible fellas.
                        Let's not kid ourselves. He turned down some extra money for a situation in which he can likely start at the 4 and hope to put up numbers to get a BIG offer next summer.

Comment

which means we will either grow our starting 4 internally OR have to eventually trade for one

My secret hope is HE BLOWS UP right off the bat and we can package him, Ross and Wright and land us a LEGIT 4
                          how? I don't see how sully will have any trade value this season. a team that trades for him and wants to keep him would need cap space. in which case they can just sign him next summer...

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                            Let's not kid ourselves. He turned down some extra money for a situation in which he can likely start at the 4 and hope to put up numbers to get a BIG offer next summer.
                            The money he turned down were from bad teams. I'm sure he could of started on those teams. The guy just doesn't like losing.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              The money he turned down were from bad teams. I'm sure he could of started on those teams. The guy just doesn't like losing.
                              according to who?

Anyways, i'll give you that he doesn't want to lose. But more so because putting up numbers on a winning team > putting up numbers on a losing team for his next paycheck.
                              I'm pretty sure he's looking for the Biyombo scenario.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                                how? I don't see how sully will have any trade value this season. a team that trades for him and wants to keep him would need cap space. in which case they can just sign him next summer...
                                He's expiring cap ballast (which we don't actually have that much of), and a player that can contribute in the mean time. Some teams will be looking to make a splash in free agency again.

Comment

Working...
                                X