Everything Jared Sullinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    What? Have you read other basketball media?

Kerr's been criticized for his mismanagement of his team a lot(for good reason), Billy Donovan's been criticized for how he handled the Warriors series(for good reason).

You win more games, you get farther, the criticisms get harder as the expectations get higher. Nature of the game.
    Those two guys didn't meet thier expectations. This year Casey met all the expectations. Anyways this isn't a Casey thread.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Right I forgot. RR the only place where a coach isn't jugded by his record.
      What does the coach have to do with anything? You posted the record in regards to Scola and no one else dragged the coach into this.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        What does the coach have to do with anything? You posted the record in regards to Scola and no one else dragged the coach into this.
        I don't understand it either. I'm sick to death of #RespectTheRecord being used to explain away valid criticism/debate about tactics and personnel.

Comment

You said Casey made a terrible the decision. I showed you the results of that terrible decision.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

You said Casey made a terrible the decision. I showed you the results of that terrible decision.
            Right, we all know what happened, what we're debating is whether or not the team could've been better if better decisions had been made.

Personally, I think, as good as we were we could've been better. Not necessarily in terms of wins/losses, but in terms of better set up for playoff success. Maybe if we weren't so awful against Miami/Indiana, the Cleveland series could've gone better.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Right, we all know what happened, what we're debating is whether or not the team could've been better if better decisions had been made.

Personally, I think, as good as we were we could've been better. Not necessarily in terms of wins/losses, but in terms of better set up for playoff success. Maybe if we weren't so awful against Miami/Indiana, the Cleveland series could've gone better.
              I don't. Cleveland is that much better than us. This is a team that beat a team that won 73 games.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I don't. Cleveland is that much better than us. This is a team that beat a team that won 73 wins.
                Sure, but the game isn't played on paper. We come in to that series with a better starting lineup, a bench that's adjusted to Patterson being a starter, an offense built around involving the rest of the guys and creating the best shot, not the DeMar/Lowry shot, and maybe we keep it close. You keep 1-2 of those losses close, give yourself a chance, who knows?

The Cavs beat a team that everyone that was 'that much better than them', by playing better basketball.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Sure, but the game isn't played on paper. We come in to that series with a better starting lineup, a bench that's adjusted to Patterson being a starter, an offense built around involving the rest of the guys and creating the best shot, not the DeMar/Lowry shot, and maybe we keep it close. You keep 1-2 of those losses close, give yourself a chance, who knows?

The Cavs beat a team that everyone that was 'that much better than them', by playing better basketball.
                  Kyrie/Lebron taking turns is better basketball than GSW? Lebron and Kyrie were the two best players players in the series. Just like against us.

Anyways this isn't the thread to discuss this.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

The Cavs beat a team that everyone that was 'that much better than them', by playing lebron.
                    fixed.

boston and atlanta, two teams a lot of people said played a 'better style of basketball', couldn't even squeeze out a single win against the cavs.

Comment

Except that pretty much everyone knows that is bullshit. Scola starting doesn't equate the Raps winning all those games. The record is a by-product of everything but that doesn't mean each and every decision within that cumulative is correct. Scola starting was clearly wrong and Casey fixed that in the playoffs. Much later than many of us wanted but it happened and not because of any specific slump by Scola or anything, just general ineffectiveness.

Sullinger means we don't have to worry about that this season because Casey can flip and coin between Sully and Patterson and it will be fine. After this season, who knows, but at least the next year should have zero issues with naming the starting five.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Except that pretty much everyone knows that is bullshit. Scola starting doesn't equate the Raps winning all those games. The record is a by-product of everything but that doesn't mean each and every decision within that cumulative is correct. Scola starting was clearly wrong and Casey fixed that in the playoffs. Much later than many of us wanted but it happened and not because of any specific slump by Scola or anything, just general ineffectiveness.

Sullinger means we don't have to worry about that this season because Casey can flip and coin between Sully and Patterson and it will be fine. After this season, who knows, but at least the next year should have zero issues with naming the starting five.
                        Let me say it again. Agree to disagree.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Let me say it again. Agree to disagree.
                          Can you actually identify a single component of basketball that Scola contributed to winning more than Patterson? Or will you continue to hide behind the record?

Comment

Can you actually identify a single component of basketball that Scola contributed to winning more than Patterson? Or will you continue to hide behind the record?
                            When did I say that Scola contributed more than 2pat? All I've been saying is that Scola contributed to wins. It's not about who starts but, who finishes. Just cause one guy starts and the other comes off the bench doesn't mean the starter is better. I'm sure you've heard of Manu Ginobli.

I don't need to hide behind the record. It speaks for it self. That's why Masai retained Casey. That's why he said he would resign before the playoffs already started.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

When did I say that Scola contributed more than 2pat? All I've been saying is that Scola contributed to wins. It's not about who starts but, who finishes. Just cause one guy starts and the other comes off the bench doesn't mean the starter is better. I'm sure you've heard of Manu Ginobli.

I don't need to hide behind the record. It speaks for it self. That's why Masai retained Casey. That's why he said he would resign before the playoffs already started.
                              What did Scola contribute to wins? If he was the right call to start, it shouldn't be such a difficult question to answer.

What does Casey being retained have to do with anything?

Comment

• Is it not fair to say that the bench needed Patterson more than the starters? I think thats true, even though Patterson got most of the minutes at the position and a fair share of minutes with Lowry, DD, and JV. Him starting may not have made a bit of difference ultimately. Hard to believe that regular season and playoff success would have been much different had he started.

Comment

Working...
                                X