Everything Jared Sullinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
    I do not agree there is a lot of depth on that team.
    This the thing I don't get. Boston is known to have some many assets. So many players that other teams want. When it comes to coaching there is no talent on the roster. Which one is it?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      This the thing I don't get. Boston is known to have some many assets. So many players that other teams want. When it comes to coaching there is no talent on the roster. Which one is it?
      The biggest trade assets they have are the Nets unprotected picks. Huge trade assets that don't help them on the court. Combined with multiple players on friendly (movable) deals, they are a great trade option.

Stevens is absolutely great. He's taken a team without any top end talent (their best player being a 5'9 PG) and had the 4th best defensive team and the 10th best offence last year. He is great at making in game adjustments.

From NBA gambler Haralabob Voulgaris, who made millions in Vegas evaluating coaching tendencies, took to Twitter to dub Stevens the league’s best in-game manager.

Brad Stevens is the best in game coach in the NBA. Pop has a better system / culture gets the rest stuff etc. But Stevens is best in game
      — Haralabos Voulgaris (@haralabob) March 31, 2015

He’s an elite adjuster, manages his subs better and calls better plays. Its scary how good of a coach he is.

The team closed the season as the most efficient offence in 1 point games. He can win the big possessions. The playoff success will come.

Plus he has caught the eye of the best in the business.
      “Everyone in basketball knew a long time ago before he was in the NBA that he was a heck of a coach" - Popovich.

Good enough for Pop, good enough for me.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        The biggest trade assets they have are the Nets unprotected picks. Huge trade assets that don't help them on the court. Combined with multiple players on friendly (movable) deals, they are a great trade option.

Stevens is absolutely great. He's taken a team without any top end talent (their best player being a 5'9 PG) and had the 4th best defensive team and the 10th best offence last year. He is great at making in game adjustments.

From NBA gambler Haralabob Voulgaris, who made millions in Vegas evaluating coaching tendencies, took to Twitter to dub Stevens the league’s best in-game manager.

Brad Stevens is the best in game coach in the NBA. Pop has a better system / culture gets the rest stuff etc. But Stevens is best in game

He’s an elite adjuster, manages his subs better and calls better plays. Its scary how good of a coach he is.

The team closed the season as the most efficient offence in 1 point games. He can win the big possessions. The playoff success will come.

“Everyone in basketball knew a long time ago before he was in the NBA that he was a heck of a coach" - Popovich.

Great post

Score another point for 'everyone else' in yet another Christian vs everyone else debate.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Pop has praised Casey as well. Raptors have had a top offence for the 3 years and just ranked out of the top 10 in defence this year.

When Casey first got here no one would of ever said that Lowry and DeRozan were top end talents. 5 years later they are multiple time allstars and Olympic gold medalist. Player development is apart of coaching. Casey has done a great job at that.

It's easy be a good defensive team when your roster is full of players who pretty much made the league because of thier defence.

I didn't see great adjustments in the playoffs. All I saw was IT going ISO for most of the game. Also he kept encouraging Sully to take 3s at the top of the line even though he was shooting under 30%.

Like he is a good coach but he is no where close to Pop. He is in the same tier as Casey if not a bit lower. You can continue this hype train though.

Also opinions of a guy thats never played or coached NBA basketball doesnt mean much to me.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri Sep 30, 2016, 03:00 PM.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

You do know that Stevens plays in the same terrible conference. You would have to put asterik next to his record as well. Casey has had great records against West for the last 3 years. If Casey got fired with what his done in Toronto. Improving his record the last 5 years. He wouldn't be unemployeed long. Masai is smarter than that though.
            Big difference is that Casey's GM has been trying to build a roster to win (after failing to trade Lowry), while Stevens' GM has been trying to build a roster to lose (until this off-season). Casey's coaching record has benefited from both Ainge and Masai. Charmed life.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Great post

Score another point for 'everyone else' in yet another Christian vs everyone else debate.
              The most two interesting things about the past couple of pages for me are:

1. It's great to read that we can once again use objective measures like ORTG, DRTG and wins to evaluate a coach. I've been frequently told that none of those criteria are relevant.

2. That a coach's playoff success, or lack thereof, does not necessarily reflect on his coaching ability but may be due to factors out of his control.

Great discussion. Not sure why it took someone going after the head coach of our most hated division opponent to take people to argue those positions when the same consideration was never given to the Raps head coach but good to see people coming around nevertheless.....

Comment

Pop has praised Casey as well. Raptors have had a top offence for the 3 years and just ranked out of the top 10 in defence this year.

When Casey first got here no one would of ever said that Lowry and DeRozan were top end talents. 5 years later they are multiple time allstars and Olympic gold medalist. Player development is apart of coaching. Casey has done a great job at that.

It's easy be a good defensive team when your roster is full of players who pretty much made the league because of thier defence.

I didn't see great adjustments in the playoffs. All I saw was IT going ISO for most of the game. Also he kept encouraging Sully to take 3s at the top of the line even though he was shooting under 30%.

Like he is a good coach but he is no where close to Pop. He is in the same tier as Casey if not a bit lower. You can continue this hype train though.

Also opinions of a guy thats never played or coached NBA basketball doesnt mean much to me.

You're severely underestimating the intelligence of Haralabos
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I guess you'd laugh Masai out of the room with his silly basketball opinions?
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

You can continue this hype train though.

And yet it is the NBA players and coaches themselves who are hyping up Stevens with unsolicited gushing of praise. I've never heard Raptors or opposition players and coaches around the league talk about Casey like that. Check this one out....

Isaiah Thomas: Brad Stevens could be one of the greatest coaches who ever lived

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...tar-head-coach

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

1. It's great to read that we can once again use objective measures like ORTG, DRTG and wins to evaluate a coach. [B]I've been frequently told that none of those criteria are relevant. [B]

2. That a coach's playoff success, or lack thereof, does not necessarily reflect on his coaching ability but may be due to factors out of his control.

Great discussion. Not sure why it took someone going after the head coach of our most hated division opponent to take people to argue those positions when the same consideration was never given to the Raps head coach but good to see people coming around nevertheless.....
                      I very much doubt the bold is true. It's not the be all end all like some try to use in oversimplified defences of Casey. But coupled with that roster and some of the other details provided, it's another piece of the puzzle.

The fact that Stevens is the coach of a divisional rival is pretty irrelevant. He's a brilliant young coach who's caught the attention and praise from some of the best minds in basketball. There has to be some serious homerism to miss or dismiss that.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        You're severely underestimating the intelligence of Haralabos
                        What could a guy who makes millions by studying the league and learning it's details really know about basketball.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          And yet it is the NBA players and coaches themselves who are hyping up Stevens with unsolicited gushing of praise. I've never heard Raptors or opposition players and coaches around the league talk about Casey like that. Check this one out....

Isaiah Thomas: Brad Stevens could be one of the greatest coaches who ever lived

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...tar-head-coach
                          Amir Johnson has some pretty gushy quotes too. Talked about how Stevens broke down the Raptors defence so easily (when Amir was still a Rap) with in game adjustments.

Comment

I very much doubt the bold is true. It's not the be all end all like some try to use in oversimplified defences of Casey. But coupled with that roster and some of the other details provided, it's another piece of the puzzle.

The fact that Stevens is the coach of a divisional rival is pretty irrelevant. He's a brilliant young coach who's caught the attention and praise from some of the best minds in basketball. There has to be some serious homerism to miss or dismiss that.
                            Pretty much. Chr1s1anL is essentially an extension of the Raptors organization and MLSE-- no matter what facts are presented to him, he's going to dismiss anything that overshadows, outperforms, or casts a Raptors player or coach in a negative light. It's okay to admit that Stevens is a better coach. The premise that the Raptors staggering their way to the Conference Finals is somehow proof that Casey is an elite coach is facile.
                            Last edited by Sinbad; Fri Sep 30, 2016, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
                              Pretty much. Chr1s1anL is essentially an extension of the Raptors organization and MLSE-- no matter what facts are presented to him, he's going to dismiss anything that overshadows, outperforms, or casts a Raptors player or coach in a negative light. It's okay to admit that Stevens is a better coach. The premise that the Raptors staggering their way to the Conference Finals is somehow proof that Casey is an elite coach is facile.
                              Using Christian's logic, Tyron Lue is already the best coach in the league and Mike Brown is at least a few tiers above Casey.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

1. It's great to read that we can once again use objective measures like ORTG, DRTG and wins to evaluate a coach. I've been frequently told that none of those criteria are relevant.

Pure GOLD!

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X