Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91 wrote: View Post
    I think we all can agree FVV is exceeding his contract value this year. I think his role will be downgraded as the younger guys get better, hopefully it’s closer to 25-28. Gary and OG are most likely going to demanding higher amounts as well… luckily we have Scottie on his rookie deal when we are handing out those contracts.
    og without question is underpaid

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

In a world where USA network and FOX each pay WWE $260 million per year for 3 and 2 hours of tv a week with declining ratings for over a decade, I believe anything is possible. Won't be a NFL deal but will be massive. You have to wonder how the hell the networks are making any money on this stuff.
      I don't think the cap will jump like it did in the past I think they want to smooth out and flatten out the raises

Comment

In a world where USA network and FOX each pay WWE $260 million per year for 3 and 2 hours of tv a week with declining ratings for over a decade, I believe anything is possible. Won't be a NFL deal but will be massive. You have to wonder how the hell the networks are making any money on this stuff.
        It's a world where less and less of target audiences are watching TV at all, zero, zero, zero.
        So content that brings eyeballs in the target demographic on a regular, almost nightly basis has become even more valuable.

I watch very little TV outside of sports and what I do watch is all movies or any series I watch is on Netflix or other online. My wife watches HGTV. Kids watch zero.

Comment

The networks pass on those costs to the advertisers. The cost of ads will rise with the new deal, and advertisers will continue to buy them because sports is the only captive audience there is to run ads in front of.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

The networks pass on those costs to the advertisers. The cost of ads will rise with the new deal, and advertisers will continue to buy them because sports is the only captive audience there is to run ads in front of.
            Yep. Live sports has a competitive advantage due to the real-time element. Because of video-on-demand, there's less content these days where the advertiser actually knows exactly when the target market is viewing the ads. Not sure how valuable that is to them, but these numbers are giving an indication. And then there's all the extra 24/7 spin-off content and TMZ pop-culture interest that the NBA generates more than other sports. And to top it all off, there's the NBA's expanding global market reach which is really valuable to brands trying to unify their global brand messaging.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              If I had to guess.. Fred ends up with a 3/year $90M contract. Similar to what Lowry was looking for in free agency this year. With inflation this might work out.

What I will find fascinating is how Masai treats Fred. Fred is not a franchise talent. But is treated like one. The last time we traded a franchise player things worked out for us, but Masai had nightmares over it. I don't know if he would go through that again.
              It will be interesting if Fred looks for more term than that. Does he turn down a 5/125-135M deal for a 3/90M? Lowry was 31 when he signed the 3 year deal with the Raps, and 35 when he signed the deal this summer, Fred will only be 29 when he next hits FA. That's usually the "get as much term as you can" signing, because once you are into your thirties the term probably won't be there unless you are a superstar.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I don't think the cap will jump like it did in the past I think they want to smooth out and flatten out the raises
                They wanted to last time too. Have to get approval from the players association, which they didn't get last time, and might not this time either.

They could try to backload the actual deal (and they may to some degree but not to the extreme you would need), but you ask a bunch of owners if they want their billions of dollars now or later and guess which answer they give.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I think pascal decreases or his salary will stay flat on his next contract around the 30 mill range.
                  If it stays flat it won't be in the 30M range... I've assumed it stays flat at his final salary on this contract, which is 38M. Hard to see him dropping to 30M, but also hard to project out that far, maybe he's fallen off a cliff at some point between now and then. If he's still putting up borderline all-NBA seasons in a few years like he is now, flat is the best we can likely hope for.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• U guys are nuts..if Raptors gonna sign him to that money...lol..they better go out there and trade his ass and tried 2 get a elite guard and starting center...overpaying for good role player..common..give your head a shake..30 million, no thanks..go out there and tried get Bradley Beal for that money..
                    Also worry about your franchise player..Scotty Barnes, he got 2 get paid..U got siakim in the 30 million range, u got Trent, og..all coming up for renewal, unless u trade one of them.
                    Freddy at 30 million..lol..Pass
                    This guy has not played a full regular season or playoffs in 5 years, just stop..
                    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                      U guys are nuts..if Raptors gonna sign him to that money...lol..they better go out there and trade his ass and tried 2 get a elite guard and starting center...overpaying for good role player..common..give your head a shake..30 million, no thanks..go out there and tried get Bradley Beal for that money..
                      Also worry about your franchise player..Scotty Barnes, he got 2 get paid..U got siakim in the 30 million range, u got Trent, og..all coming up for renewal, unless u trade one of them.
                      Freddy at 30 million..lol..Pass
                      This guy has not played a full regular season or playoffs in 5 years, just stop..
                      The fact that you think you can get Beal for 30M kind of explains why you are struggling with this discussion.

Beal's average salary on his next deal will be in the 45-50M range.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Just reading that Mavs could have easily extended Jalen Brunson last off-season for 4 years/$55M total. But they never even entered into negotiations on an extension. Oops.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

The fact that you think you can get Beal for 30M kind of explains why you are struggling with this discussion.

Beal's average salary on his next deal will be in the 45-50M range.
                          The fact that Wizards are even entertaining doing that again, after introducing THIS whale of a contract to the NBA:

Michael Scotto of HoopsHype:
                          John Wall is going to exercise his $47.4 million player option for 2022-23 season, I’m told.
                          Is kind of hilarious. The 2 worst contracts in the NBA will be existing thanks to Washington.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Beal on another team, with a good front office is worth that kind of money... Washington can't figure out how to build a sustainable winning program. If you are giving 40M-50M you better have the team built up around that contract first, it's crippling to try and do that afterwards.

Comment

• I do think 30M is a bit much for Fred... I hope it's less, and I hope he learns how to take a step back when the young guys are taking steps forward. Fred's drive, and mindset, are what makes him a good player. The guy thinks he's the best player on the floor, and thinks everyone is the same size as him...In his mind he's the top dog. We need him in that role now, but I'm not sure if that's the role we'll need from 1 or 2 years from now... I hope he can make the adjustment. His leadership is valuable, I personally would hate to see him go.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

The fact that Wizards are even entertaining doing that again, after introducing THIS whale of a contract to the NBA:

Is kind of hilarious. The 2 worst contracts in the NBA will be existing thanks to Washington.
                                I will keep repeating that 9/10 times you should NEVER give a guy a supermax contract unless you are 100% certain your team is set and you don't need to make any other additions to your core guys. A supermax cripples most team's ability to make moves. It pins you into tax and cap hell for a while. I can name a few contracts in the supermax contract that are worth it or will be worth it yes but overall its a bad idea. The wizards aren't even in a good position to be able to really entertain this.

Giannis, Luka, are recent examples of supermaxes that will likely work out. Giannis because the team is set around him ... this isn't about IS HE WORTH it or not but about team building. Luka's is solid but again they will have trouble making moves if they pay Brunson. Them breaking up Porzingis was a smart move though. Steph got a supermax but that is a different type of deal because their team and everything was set and he took less in the previous contract to make it work so this s also paying him back for that.

Beal will not be worth a supermax even if they get him. Dame wants a supermax too and will get it. Bad move. Westbrook, Wall, Gobert, Harden.

Embiid is eligible but I don't know injury-wise... will it be smart to give him +50 mill a year at some point? I don't know. I suppose it will depend on the salary cap at that point but yeah.

Comment

Working...
                                X