Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91 wrote: View Post
    Beal on another team, with a good front office is worth that kind of money... Washington can't figure out how to build a sustainable winning program. If you are giving 40M-50M you better have the team built up around that contract first, it's crippling to try and do that afterwards.
    its also hard to trade him too because the contract is soo much. They are better off trying to come to an agreement where he is making 35ish mill a year.

Comment

• I think the only reason Beal is staying there is the supermax, I think if it's 35M, he'll leave. Why would you stay?

Comment

Beal on another team, with a good front office is worth that kind of money... Washington can't figure out how to build a sustainable winning program. If you are giving 40M-50M you better have the team built up around that contract first, it's crippling to try and do that afterwards.
        Where is he worth that money? Lol, Beal is like a top 20-30 player, somewhere in the Siakam range but I would argue Siakam is far better when you factor in defense. That's a yikes from me, I wouldn't give him more than 30 mil no matter which franchise I am.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

its also hard to trade him too because the contract is soo much. They are better off trying to come to an agreement where he is making 35ish mill a year.
          His player option, which he is declining, is over 37 million. 35 is a non starter.

Comment

I think the only reason Beal is staying there is the supermax, I think if it's 35M, he'll leave. Why would you stay?
            Not even close. Beal is eligible for a 5 year, $246M extension. That's a few bucks short of $50M/year.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

His player option, which he is declining, is over 37 million. 35 is a non starter.
              I didn't know he declined it already. Damn. Well we will find out if he is about winning or not.

Comment

I think the only reason Beal is staying there is the supermax, I think if it's 35M, he'll leave. Why would you stay?
                they should have traded him this season honestly. They flew close to the sun to start the season and then showed their true colors once the schedule started balancing out and they got scouted.

Comment

they should have traded him this season honestly. They flew close to the sun to start the season and then showed their true colors once the schedule started balancing out and they got scouted.
                  I disagree. It's important for a team to have an identity and he's their guy, and he's a big part of the identity. The max/min asset trading approach has its limits and they'll be hard pressed to find and develope someone as good as him any time soon. They need to do better surrounding him with pieces. If they do that then there's still time to win. A bunch of smaller correct decisions and then one really big play can lead to a contender and a chip. That's how Toronto did it.

I'm really excited to see what the Raptors do this offseason. They have an elite superstar waiting to happen in Barnes. They need to get the right guys around him. I'm on the fence about Fred being one of those guys given today's circumstances. And I like Fred by the way.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

I disagree. It's important for a team to have an identity and he's their guy, and he's a big part of the identity. The max/min asset trading approach has its limits and they'll be hard pressed to find and develope someone as good as him any time soon. They need to do better surrounding him with pieces. If they do that then there's still time to win. A bunch of smaller correct decisions and then one really big play can lead to a contender and a chip. That's how Toronto did it.

I'm really excited to see what the Raptors do this offseason. They have an elite superstar waiting to happen in Barnes. They need to get the right guys around him. I'm on the fence about Fred being one of those guys given today's circumstances. And I like Fred by the way.
                    I guess it depends on if they truly feel that they can build a team around that person.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Keeping Beal will not be good for Washington. He's part of their "identity" alright, their identity is that they consistently suck.

Comment

• I like Freddy, but this game, and any other game he doesn't suit up for, could be quite telling how the Raptors look at the summer.

Freddy is a huge component of the leadership on this team. That being said, if the 6'9 1-5 line-up works in the playoffs, the writing could be on the wall.

I'm cool with keeping him. I'm cool with moving him to the 2. I'm cool with moving him for another player. But I think the next game or so might be more telling than we think, on Freddy's future on this team. He is an all-star, making all star money (or will be), taking an all-star amount of shots, playing all-star minutes. That could be a lot of; shots, minutes and dollars to give to the youths.

Maybe it doesn't happen this summer. Masai has been known to be patient. Maybe it's before the next trade deadline, maybe it's similar to Lowry and it's a sign and trade. But I believe if we excel without him in the playoffs, that might start the process of moving him to different situation.

Comment

I didn't know he declined it already. Damn. Well we will find out if he is about winning or not.
                          I love hearing players like Beal and Dame talk about staying with their team because their loyal when really all they want is getting that bag. If they cared about winning they would have left a long time ago. I'm not even mad at them either. Get that generational wealth.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I love hearing players like Beal and Dame talk about staying with their team because their loyal when really all they want is getting that bag. If they cared about winning they would have left a long time ago. I'm not even mad at them either. Get that generational wealth.
                            SO just so we're clear, staying with team = greedy, looking for the bag. Leaving team = disloyal, looking for the ring

Comment

• Bradley Beal is 28.
                              We aren't competing for the chip anytime soon.

Bring SGA home, Masai!
                              or Barrett.
                              Last edited by Kagemusha; Mon Apr 25, 2022, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
                                I like Freddy, but this game, and any other game he doesn't suit up for, could be quite telling how the Raptors look at the summer.

Freddy is a huge component of the leadership on this team. That being said, if the 6'9 1-5 line-up works in the playoffs, the writing could be on the wall.

I'm cool with keeping him. I'm cool with moving him to the 2. I'm cool with moving him for another player. But I think the next game or so might be more telling than we think, on Freddy's future on this team. He is an all-star, making all star money (or will be), taking an all-star amount of shots, playing all-star minutes. That could be a lot of; shots, minutes and dollars to give to the youths.

Maybe it doesn't happen this summer. Masai has been known to be patient. Maybe it's before the next trade deadline, maybe it's similar to Lowry and it's a sign and trade. But I believe if we excel without him in the playoffs, that might start the process of moving him to different situation.
                                Fred absolutely will not move to mostly off-ball in a contract year. What will happen is: Masai and Bobby will run it back with the main guys, Nurse will give Scottie a bit more ball-handling duties but not enough to upset the pecking order, and Fred will resign for 30m/yr for 3 years plus a player option after the end of next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X