Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

What did we receive in the Lowry trade? One young player in Precious and Dragic on an an expirinng?
    More teams think they have a shot to make some noise this year and Fred is younger than Lowry was.

Comment

What did we receive in the Lowry trade? One young player in Precious and Dragic on an an expirinng?
      And that was in a S&T. Which is again something that we might end up doing. I'll be fine if we go that route, but I would still prefer a FRP on top of that package.

Comment

• Basically, I'm not trading Fred for the sake of it. I don't want this team to turn into the Pistons or Rockets (ie, become a perennial loser). And there is a 50/50 chance that we are heading that way which really bugs me.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

More teams think they have a shot to make some noise this year and Fred is younger than Lowry was.
          Masai even stated they wanted Lowry to go somewhere he chose and it was always going to be Philly or Miami.

I doubt Fred is viewed the same way.

Comment

Yeah Fred should definitely bring in more than Lowry did. Just not sure who those teams would be that would want to give up assets for Fred. The Orlando rumors made no sense to me because the timelines are all wrong and Orlando isn't near contending. The Phoenix one as well since they have CP3 as their starting PG and Booker as the SG.

The New Orleans one makes a bit of sense but I'm not sure how urgently they want to contend since this was their first breakout type of season and they've been hampered by injuries to Ingram and Zion (don't think there is any urgency there). Maybe Dallas might come knocking to try and capture that same playoff run magic from last season? Lakers and Clippers don't have the young players Raps are reportedly looking for. Not sure there is as big of a market for Fred as you would think with all the rumors.

We could really mess up the West by moving both Fred and OG to say the Kings if they wanted to blow their load on the first year of their franchise turnaround. Murray, Mitchell, Huerter, Holmes and some FRP's.

Comment

Yeah Fred should definitely bring in more than Lowry did. Just not sure who those teams would be that would want to give up assets for Fred. The Orlando rumors made no sense to me because the timelines are all wrong and Orlando isn't near contending. The Phoenix one as well since they have CP3 as their starting PG and Booker as the SG.

The New Orleans one makes a bit of sense but I'm not sure how urgently they want to contend since this was their first breakout type of season and they've been hampered by injuries to Ingram and Zion (don't think there is any urgency there). Maybe Dallas might come knocking to try and capture that same playoff run magic from last season? Lakers and Clippers don't have the young players Raps are reportedly looking for. Not sure there is as big of a market for Fred as you would think with all the rumors.

We could really mess up the West by moving both Fred and OG to say the Kings if they wanted to blow their load on the first year of their franchise turnaround. Murray, Mitchell, Huerter, Holmes and some FRP's.
              I'm with you here on this. I think we are trying to create a big market for our guys.. but I'm not really sure that market really exists. But I am happy to be wrong. If we can't find good deals we should just try to bring everyone back and then see what happens next year.

Just do the Tampa Tank thing for the back end of this season where we rest guys on and off until the season ends.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I'm with you here on this. I think we are trying to create a big market for our guys.. but I'm not really sure that market really exists. But I am happy to be wrong. If we can't find good deals we should just try to bring everyone back and then see what happens next year.

Just do the Tampa Tank thing for the back end of this season where we rest guys on and off until the season ends.
                I get what you're saying but that's the last thing I want to see especially with all the rumors floating around, Masai/Bobby travelling with the team etc. Running this back would be horrawful and semi-depressing and I don't think Masai would have done his job.

Comment

I get what you're saying but that's the last thing I want to see especially with all the rumors floating around, Masai/Bobby travelling with the team etc. Running this back would be horrawful and semi-depressing and I don't think Masai would have done his job.
                  It would be super depressing since the rumors the last month or 2 is that the Raptors will be the team running the trade deadline if they decide to sell and so far it looks like we are going that route.

Comment

I just think there may be better offers at the draft or in the summer than potentially in a week. We can still make changes if we can't get what we want now. I mean Lowry was going to be traded.. he even did his 30 minute press conference after one of his games saying goodbye to everyone.. and then still stuck around until the summer.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

It would be super depressing since the rumors the last month or 2 is that the Raptors will be the team running the trade deadline if they decide to sell and so far it looks like we are going that route.
                      True but the thing about the Tampa tank was that we didn’t really try to tank, it just sort of happened. And the product of that was Scottie. Look at the impact (slumps included) he’s had over two years. If we don’t do anything but maximize our chance for a good pick, that would not be the end of the world. That’s our fault for listening to our media

Comment

Masai and Bobby will make some sort of move, but it just may not be what we want to see happen. They know they need to resolve the issue of all the upcoming contracts and they know they have to make some sort of personnel or system change if they want to see different results next season.

Comment

I love this idea. Send 2 Raptors to a random team and make them strong contenders, if not favorites. Another target could be OKC and scooping up all those picks.

Comment

Masai and Bobby will make some sort of move, but it just may not be what we want to see happen. They know they need to resolve the issue of all the upcoming contracts and they know they have to make some sort of personnel or system change if they want to see different results next season.
                            My odds of zero happening have moved way down. They're going to do something, the question is how impactful

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

True but the thing about the Tampa tank was that we didn’t really try to tank, it just sort of happened. And the product of that was Scottie. Look at the impact (slumps included) he’s had over two years. If we don’t do anything but maximize our chance for a good pick, that would not be the end of the world. That’s our fault for listening to our media
                              Well if we get another high pick, we'll want that player in a similar position as Scottie where he hope he is the future of the team. Feels like there will be a logjam. It will be tough for Scottie, Precious and especially the new rookie getting larger roles with Fred having the ball as much as he does and the role that he does and OG reportedly being unhappy with his current role. Gary will probably be fine and I am okay with keeping Pascal.

It does feel like whether its this trade deadline or in the future, Raptors will have to move on from a few pieces of the current core.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

What's the minimum you would get in a trade for Fred to be okay with him leaving versus bringing him in for that fictional $130M contract? For me I would want at least one unprotected first round pick, and a young prospect, plus cap relief (so an expiring contract).

If we can get that then it's door #1. If not, then it's door #2 and we check back again next year.
                                What you want is what I want also and what we both want there is no doubt that Masai and Bobby are hoping to get.

But I get the sense and you have already implied on your post on another thread that it is just ok to run this back. I hope that this is not one of your Rishaun Holmes moment this trade deadline peddling the idea that a mediocre move would get us out of this predicament.

Running it back and expecting a different result means only one thing….and I am sure you know the answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X