X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
    https://youtu.be/M0INWz5Ru5I

Good job Fred

And oh by the way Pascal, he was open under the basket too!
    LoL these high IQ players
    Yes Barnes has nicks and bruises but everyone does.

I think his struggles was more confidence…that was zapped from him when his coach benched him for no reason on his first game back from a few days off of an injury. He is beginning to regain that, hopefully last night was a start.

But I always believed that the overlapping of role with VanVleet is what is making him confused especially this is only his 2nd year in the league.

VanVleet and Barnes cannot co-exist.

that little snippet of video says a lot. We are back to the Derozan years…hero ball at its ultra finest.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
      this is an embedded version of what kag posted. The thing about fred ... he is an incredibly skilled player. He played one of the most amazing individual games one can play. The problem is we got away from pushing the ball in transition we got away from ball movement mid way through the game. THIS play explains a lot. The team and the guys lose rhythm.
      Last night's game was reminiscent of the Mike James/Bosh/Sam Mitchell season. Undersized SG had an amazing scoring night, but the team couldn't/wouldn't defend a lick after the first quarter... we gave up both the rim AND open 3s. Yikes. Defense was the #1 culprit, but there were different ways or decisions that could have been made to win the game, but somehow we found a way to lose. The zebras gave the Raps (Fred) 6 FTs in a row, because of the Brown double tech & foul. The Banton and Birch minutes were killers. Starting Thad was great, but we need to move Gary back to the bench and start Juancho to balance scoring. That Mike James team always found a way to lose.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Good offensive game from VanVleet against the Kings…are we selling high now or fools gold?
        It's gonna take a few more weeks for them to (potentially) pull the trigger. More time for him to recover trade value

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

It's gonna take a few more weeks for them to (potentially) pull the trigger. More time for him to recover trade value
          Crossing my fingers that we trade him and we get a decent return

The positive consequence of such a move is that I am hoping that Nick Nurse can go back to developing and maximizing the strength of Scottie trickling down to the other young guys.

I credit NN for OGs leap this season

Comment

• How much more developing can we do with Scottie though? He's a second year player starting on what has been and should be a playoff team. Nobody is holding him back.

Is Jalen Green developing more rapidly because he has carte blanche to take as many shot as he wants?

Comment

• Oh boy, I am totally speechless.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                How much more developing can we do with Scottie though? He's a second year player starting on what has been and should be a playoff team. Nobody is holding him back.
                get fred out of the way?

Comment

• I keep bringing this up..Bucks we're the same with Giannis, they had another player who pretty dominant with the ball, OJ Mayo..same crap, go back and watch some of those games, same S%$$.
                  Giannis wasn't happy, couldn't get the ball from the clown.
                  They move the trash bucket and Giannis became what he is now..
                  I was right about the Demar thing for Kawli..way back, won championship..
                  Trust the Dr Hannibal Process.
                  If u can't c how impactful this decision would be for Scottie and the raptors franchise as whole...man..I don't know what 2 say anymore.
                  Nameless 23 got 2 go!!!!
                  "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                  My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    How much more developing can we do with Scottie though? He's a second year player starting on what has been and should be a playoff team. Nobody is holding him back.

Is Jalen Green developing more rapidly because he has carte blanche to take as many shot as he wants?
                    he is developing only in one area though he isn't learning how to play defence ... still struggles to identify the best playmaking opportunities check out ben taylors thinking basketball podcast they talked about good and bad development situations two episodes ago

Comment

he is developing only in one area though he isn't learning how to play defence ... still struggles to identify the best playmaking opportunities check out ben taylors thinking basketball podcast they talked about good and bad development situations two episodes ago
                      And you guys think trading Fred will somehow help with Barnes' development on defense? It takes time fellas. Barnes isn't some once in a generation talent that was going to be a savior for this team in year two.

Comment

Still learning how to play ' Raptors defence'.
                        In other teams, Scottie would have been guarding Forwards, not quick guards.
                        Any one of his size will struggle against them, tbh.
                        Do you see Butler, Tatum, Giannis, etc guarding the PGs?

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Still learning how to play ' Raptors defence'.
                          In other teams, Scottie would have been guarding Forwards, not quick guards.
                          Any one of his size will struggle against them, tbh.
                          Do you see Butler, Tatum, Giannis, etc guarding the PGs?
                          tatum at times yes. But also they have Smart. That said Smart is not small

Comment

• I can't wait for this clown 2 be gone. So we can close this thread..and I ain't gonna thank him for being a Raptor..No No..F%%$ that.. take your a$$ out, never 2 be mentioned again..overrated trash bucket..
                            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                              I can't wait for this clown 2 be gone. So we can close this thread..and I ain't gonna thank him for being a Raptor..No No..F%%$ that.. take your a$$ out, never 2 be mentioned again..overrated trash bucket..
                              I hope RR woudln't close this thread if that happens.
                              It would be nice to revisit this thread once in a while just to have fun.

Comment

• Freddie VanBuckets is back. Back to his normal self, or sell high? I feel like most people are liking the latter but I think we have a top 5 team in the east is everyone can get healthy.

If this is going to be Scotties team, he has to take it and rightfully so. Until then I don't see any reason to be trading players for the sake of making a change
                                Last edited by Fuchan; Fri Dec 16, 2022, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X