Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Everyone should keep betting on themselves including you but sounds like........nevermind.
    When odds are no longer on your side, you have to stop.
    if you don't want to lose.

Comment

HiS sTyLe isNt cOnDucTive tO wInNing bAsKeTbAlL

that is a very different role than he is in today... like you realize that right? Lowry was the primary distributor along with Gasol. Kawhi had a ton of offence run through him. you had the ability to put 7-8 A+ level players who were all A+ in BBall IQ.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

that is a very different role than he is in today... like you realize that right? Lowry was the primary distributor along with Gasol. Kawhi had a ton of offence run through him. you had the ability to put 7-8 A+ level players who were all A+ in BBall IQ.
        Some people choose to live in the last.
        Like this team's coach.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

When odds are no longer on your side, you have to stop.
          if you don't want to lose.
          The odds are ALWAYS on my side. #MambaMentality
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

The odds are ALWAYS on my side. #MambaMentality
            fred plays with mamba mentality yes

Comment

• I bet on u 2 get us couple 1st round picks, especially this year..
              I just want 2 say, u had a great game last night..lol..
              This guy could go Zero, Zero, Zero and still be at the podium and preaching..
              Always spitting s%%^, man stop..this guy is worse than politician, just go away.
              Can we just trade this bum already..my god. U talk about all the fake stuff in the world, this guy takes it 2 another level.
              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2022/1...fred-vanvleet/

"The Raptors are 13-18, and look like a franchise that could get into business if the price is right. The Orlando Magic have all of their own first round picks, as well as a top-four protected pick coming from the reeling Chicago Bulls next summer.
                In Mo Bamba, Chuma Okeke, R.J. Hampton, Gary Harris and former Raptor Terrence Ross, they have both young players to take a flier on, and sharpshooting veterans to pick from, depending on what direction the Raptors feel like going.

You could even think about putting Isaac in a potential deal, although to give up on him when he is close to finally taking to the court again could backfire massively."

Thoughts?

Who would we want from the Magic?

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                  https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2022/1...fred-vanvleet/

"The Raptors are 13-18, and look like a franchise that could get into business if the price is right. The Orlando Magic have all of their own first round picks, as well as a top-four protected pick coming from the reeling Chicago Bulls next summer.
                  In Mo Bamba, Chuma Okeke, R.J. Hampton, Gary Harris and former Raptor Terrence Ross, they have both young players to take a flier on, and sharpshooting veterans to pick from, depending on what direction the Raptors feel like going.

You could even think about putting Isaac in a potential deal, although to give up on him when he is close to finally taking to the court again could backfire massively."

Thoughts?

Who would we want from the Magic?
                  The Bulls pick, Gary Harris would be nice. I know Isaac hasn't played basketball in like 3 seasons, but if he is available and can stay healthy, he'd be nice.

Comment

• Not mentioned as guys Orlando would give up.. but I'd be interested in Carter and Suggs. Suggs' stock is likely real low, but I still see a lot of potential in him.

Fred is treated like a franchise player here. He's not going to be moved to a situation he wouldn't want to be in. Especially since he's going to be a free agent next season. My bet is if he's traded it would be to a team of his choice, and Orlando may not make the cut.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Not mentioned as guys Orlando would give up.. but I'd be interested in Carter and Suggs. Suggs' stock is likely real low, but I still see a lot of potential in him.

Fred is treated like a franchise player here. He's not going to be moved to a situation he wouldn't want to be in. Especially since he's going to be a free agent next season. My bet is if he's traded it would be to a team of his choice, and Orlando may not make the cut.
                      HA Suggs + Scottie.

WOULD it motivate them more??? Or make Scottie more unhappy.

Suggs for FVV let's go! I think Suggs got unlucky with injuries and stuff.

IS Fred still going to be treated as a franchise player as his stock and usefulness drops though? Demar got shipped off and he was the most loyal Raptor of all time. Sure, it was for a championship shot but why not Fred? You think it's closer to the Kyle situation? (where he could sign anywhere he wanted anyway)

#SELL HIGH ON VANVLEET
                      #BYE FRED THANKS FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP
                      Last edited by NeedTristanThompson; Thu Dec 22, 2022, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Not mentioned as guys Orlando would give up.. but I'd be interested in Carter and Suggs. Suggs' stock is likely real low, but I still see a lot of potential in him.

Yeah, Chicago seems like a good bet for that reason - Fred would probably be very open to it and they seem primed for a panic move. They don't have their pick, but they have interesting pieces.

Orlando's interesting pieces are also the pieces they are least likely to give up. A lot of people would love WCJ, but hard to envision them giving him up.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

HA Suggs + Scottie.

WOULD it motivate them more??? Or make Scottie more unhappy.

Suggs for FVV let's go! I think Suggs got unlucky with injuries and stuff.

IS Fred still going to be treated as a franchise player as his stock and usefulness drops though? Demar got shipped off and he was the most loyal Raptor of all time. Sure, it was for a championship shot but why not Fred? You think it's closer to the Kyle situation? (where he could sign anywhere he wanted anyway)

#SELL HIGH ON VANVLEET
                          #BYE FRED THANKS FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP
                          I don't know if Orlando gives up Suggs.. but they might if we're asking for picks, and their dangling their prize pick from last years draft instead.

As for Fred.. I'm not his biggest fan. I just look at how this team operates. The DeMar trade was rough for Masai. He won a championship but I think there was regret there for how he handled that situation.. I mean it came up a lot, even after they won a championship.

Fred is going to be treated with kid gloves for better or for worse. He's the Raptors franchise guy.. even more than Pascal is. Is the go to quote for every media guy. Will take the mic to talk about the team on opening day. He's basically our captain.

Him being a free agent is also a concern. Most teams don't like trading a lot for rentals. And if the Raptors want a player like Suggs or a potential lottery pick, you know Orlando is going to want some type of commitment from Fred that he would resign. Otherwise they don't trade for him. If Fred doesn't care too much for Orlando, he's not going to be moved there. It's easier when a guy has 2-3 years left on his deal. But that's not the situation here.

I personally think they ride it out with Fred this year.. and explore S&T's in the off season if they want to part ways. That way at least Fred has a direct say on where he goes.. and the team getting him gets a commitment that he's staying as he's going to sign a new deal obviously.

Comment

The player we drafted and the player we were supposed to draft unite a season later. Imagine that lol.

Comment

• Fred gets a tone of respect from guys around the NBA. Haliburton was saying it was Fred that gave him some of the motivation/confidence that he needed when he was a rookie:

He's struggling hard this season for some reason or another.. but he's a good dude. Masai isn't going to screw him over. And that whole bet on yourself culture that he came here with is something the Raps are definitely proud of.

Comment

With respect, if you move Fred, who cares what he wants? You move him for the best return for the team, period.

Comment

Working...
                                X