Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

But to the outsider, it appears that the NBA is doing less to protect their players than even than the NHL who paused their season and pulled players out of the Olympics. This is a PR nightmare and makes the league look hypocritical, especially compared to their mostly praised response in 2020 with the bubble.
    Yeah.. NHL > NBA > NFL with how they are each treating this. Once the Christmas games are over, I could see the NBA doing what the NHL is doing to save face. But they won't jeopardize that day.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah.. NHL > NBA > NFL with how they are each treating this. Once the Christmas games are over, I could see the NBA doing what the NHL is doing to save face. But they won't jeopardize that day.

I'd put NFL above NBA for sure. Maybe 1 or 2 guys per team are out each week for Covid. Not entire rosters like the NBA.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I'd put NFL above NBA for sure. Maybe 1 or 2 guys per team are out each week for Covid. Not entire rosters like the NBA.
        I meant in terms of handling player safety the NBA is ahead of the NFL.

The NFL is not testing asymptomatic players that are fully vaxxed. The NHL and NBA are. The NHL is suspending their season and not allowing players to go to the Olympics. The NBA is business as usual.

Comment

I meant in terms of handling player safety the NBA is ahead of the NFL.

The NFL is not testing asymptomatic players that are fully vaxxed. The NHL and NBA are. The NHL is suspending their season and not allowing players to go to the Olympics. The NBA is business as usual.
          I would say business as usual would be letting aysmpto's choose to play. The nba is sitting everyone who even looked at someone with covid. Precious is in and out of protocol and never gets it. Seems his on court decision making and awareness translates off court as well.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Yeah I agree. Just postpone all of our games until January. Everyone should be out of protocol by then.
            Not gonna happen until after the Christmas games, if at all.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I would say business as usual would be letting aysmpto's choose to play. The nba is sitting everyone who even looked at someone with covid. Precious is in and out of protocol and never gets it. Seems his on court decision making and awareness translates off court as well.
              The Precious situation was 100% on the Raptors.. not on the NBA. That was Masai's and Bobby's decision to not play him.

Comment

The Precious situation was 100% on the Raptors.. not on the NBA. That was Masai's and Bobby's decision to not play him.
                it was? I never saw that. thought he was announced as entering NBA health and safety protocols?
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

it was? I never saw that. thought he was announced as entering NBA health and safety protocols?
                  He was in contact with someone at Masai's Giant of Africa event. But was not actually tested positive for covid. Out of precaution they held him back. This was not the NBA's doing, but was Toronto's doing.

He came back, and then actually got Covid, and is now out again.

Comment

• It's the same reason why Jack and Matt were not announcing games. I don't believe they actually got Covid. They were just being extra careful. Although I'm not 100% sure on this.

Comment

It's the same reason why Jack and Matt were not announcing games. I don't believe they actually got Covid. They were just being extra careful. Although I'm not 100% sure on this.
                      They both said they tested negative, so yeah they were just being careful.

Comment

He was in contact with someone at Masai's Giant of Africa event. But was not actually tested positive for covid. Out of precaution they held him back. This was not the NBA's doing, but was Toronto's doing.

He came back, and then actually got Covid, and is now out again.
                        Yeah, I think that call was made by Masai. Probably didn't want his event being something that could derail the team.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Right on the first point and this is where it is all headed. My surgeon buddy tells me they are changing the hospital protocols cause they were isolating close contacts and it was causing major staff shortages - now it is test to stay. As he put it, the 'real top docs' finally convinced the 'fake top docs' that the latter's plan was unsustainable.

But you can't blame people for getting sick or running afoul of some capricious rule. How many people in your life have you infected with colds or the flu and weren't even aware of it? My son brought home a cold from school and the entire family has now caught it. Not his fault.

Comment

• Uh, guys, no, Precious was entered into official NBA protocols after the GOA event due to a close contact, it was not something done out of an abundance of caution by Masai or the team. He is back in official protocols again.

Official protocols do not require a player test positive. Even a close contact to a positive test means 10 days isolation.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Uh, guys, no, Precious was entered into official NBA protocols after the GOA event due to a close contact, it was not something done out of an abundance of caution by Masai or the team. He is back in official protocols again.

Official protocols do not require a player test positive. Even a close contact to a positive test means 10 days isolation.
                              How did Lebron get out in 2 days then?
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

How did Lebron get out in 2 days then?
                                Probably went into protocols on a close contact with a positive test that proved to be a false positive. If I had to guess.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X