No announcement yet.

Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not just fan voting that gets you in as starter. They take 50% of the pie. It's also divided by current players and the media, who each get 25% of the pie. So there is no way Kyrie gets through.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
      D. Rose. Really?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

D. Rose. Really?
        the power of newyork?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

the power of newyork?
          I feel like they just shouldn't let fans vote.
          Fans are clearly incapable of determining who is actually playing the best and deserves to be an all star. Just let players and coaches decide.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Fans are clearly incapable of determining who is actually playing the best and deserves to be an all star. Just let players and coaches decide.
            Players and media do help decide the starters though.. it's 50% fans, 25% media, 25% players to vote for starters. Then coaches to decide the rest of the team.

Comment

the power of newyork?
              Nah. If that's the case then Barrett and Randle would also be in the top 10. Derrick Rose is just a big name. He's a former MVP.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

They changed the rules of the voting now so that players and coaches can fix the truly egregious ones. Fan voting is a fun way to engage fans in a normally slow part of the season (that middle 3rd section), and creates discussion like the ones we're having right now.

Obviously it was major awards they were voting on it'd be a disaster but all star games aren't that serious. All the truly deserving end up on the team one way or another anyways.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Votes count for double today

Comment

• I voted 2X2 times

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                      Votes count for double today
                      really?!

Comment

really?!
                        Yessir, they do that somewhat frequently actually...

Comment

• demar totally deserves it, but if he were still in toronto and playing exactly the way he is now, he'd probably still be at the 10th spot.

Comment

• Really weird how the US media keeps pushing Garland as an all star. Don't get me wrong the Cavs should have an all star on their team and it's Garland. But these guys aren't even talking about FVV. FVV is having a better year than Garland. And the Raps and Cavs record are about the same.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                              Really weird how the US media keeps pushing Garland as an all star. Don't get me wrong the Cavs should have an all star on their team and it's Garland. But these guys aren't even talking about FVV. FVV is having a better year than Garland. And the Raps and Cavs record are about the same.
                              If the Raps can continue their little run, it will help Fred get additional notice and respect from the players and coaches.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                But he's not going to get voted in by fans so I probably won't even bother voting this year.
                                He's only 11,000 votes behind Garland who is his biggest competition.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X