No announcement yet.

Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So II think the team has been rolling as of late. One issue that I still have and want to point out is this. I still think fred takes way too many shots. He shouldn't be taking almost 30 shots in a game especially if he is only going to be scoring 30 points. I like his floor spacing but that is the type of thing that worries me about him long term on the team. Also his quote about being the best guy on the team whether he is right or wrong. I don't know exactly how to interpret it. On one hand, you like guys to be confident without question. On the other hand, it comes across as overly arrogant.

I do like how they are trying to secretly get the ball out of Fred's hands more and more and turn him into a Klay type. It is still his best skill. In my opinion, as of late Fred has been playing at an all star level but I think that if you dig into the numbers our best player on the court isn't fred as much as our broad cast team has been hyping him up as such.

Not saying he is trash or anything but I don't see that same energy for other players on the roster who have also been cooking.

Comment

• There's not enough talk about how difficult it is for Fred to score like he is at his HEIGHT. Very few sub 6 foot men (Fred is NOT 6 feet) ever make the NBA, let alone all star, let alone average 20 plus.

Off the top of my head I can only think of 3 sub 6 foot guys in modern history that were able to score like this. Iverson (shade under 6'), prime CP3 (shade under 6') and IT for a short run (pardon the pun)
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        There's not enough talk about how difficult it is for Fred to score like he is at his HEIGHT. Very few sub 6 foot men (Fred is NOT 6 feet) ever make the NBA, let alone all star, let alone average 20 plus.

Off the top of my head I can only think of 3 sub 6 foot guys in modern history that were able to score like this. Iverson (shade under 6'), prime CP3 (shade under 6') and IT for a short run (pardon the pun)
        Just gotta stop grilling him for what he's not and enjoy for what he is.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• If you really think about it FVV is the ONLY guard in the East that deserves a starting spot. DeRozan? I don't know why they listed him as a guard because DeRozan is a SF for the Bulls. LaVine? you can probably make an argument about him but FVV is having a better season imo. Trae Young, Jaylen Brown, Harden, Jrue Holiday, Garland, LaMelo? nah.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            If you really think about it FVV is the ONLY guard in the East that deserves a starting spot. DeRozan? I don't know why they listed him as a guard because DeRozan is a SF for the Bulls. LaVine? you can probably make an argument about him but FVV is having a better season imo. Trae Young, Jaylen Brown, Harden, Jrue Holiday, Garland, LaMelo? nah.
            Derozans like the power forward on that team lol
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• No talk of his incredible A:TO ratio of late?

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Derozans like the power forward on that team lol
                The Bulls starting PF is 6'5 guard Javonte Green. DeRozan is the SF. They need to address the PF position because if they don't they're gonna be in trouble come playoff time.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                  So II think the team has been rolling as of late. One issue that I still have and want to point out is this. I still think fred takes way too many shots. He shouldn't be taking almost 30 shots in a game especially if he is only going to be scoring 30 points. I like his floor spacing but that is the type of thing that worries me about him long term on the team. Also his quote about being the best guy on the team whether he is right or wrong. I don't know exactly how to interpret it. On one hand, you like guys to be confident without question. On the other hand, it comes across as overly arrogant.

I do like how they are trying to secretly get the ball out of Fred's hands more and more and turn him into a Klay type. It is still his best skill. In my opinion, as of late Fred has been playing at an all star level but I think that if you dig into the numbers our best player on the court isn't fred as much as our broad cast team has been hyping him up as such.

Not saying he is trash or anything but I don't see that same energy for other players on the roster who have also been cooking.
                  Well balanced take of VanVleet.

As of late, his performance against depleted teams was worthy of praise….Perfect timing for his ASG campaign with Jack and Devlin cranking up the hype machine drooling excessively.

I would have expected him to be included in that list below. As far his AST/TO, he is currently at 2.49…sandwiched between the likes of Jrue and Kyle amongst guards.

[QUOTE]
                  Most points created via assists:

Chris Paul - 977
                  Trae Young - 860
                  Russell Westbrook - 849
                  James Harden - 798
                  Kyle Lowry - 780
                  Dejounte Murray - 749
                  Tyrese Haliburton - 659
                  Draymond Green - 654
                  LaMelo Ball - 650
                  Darius Garland - 640[QUOTE]

Comment

• Garland and LaMelo Ball would be his toughest competition as far as ASG Coaches Consideration

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Well balanced take of VanVleet.

As of late, his performance against depleted teams was worthy of praise….Perfect timing for his ASG campaign with Jack and Devlin cranking up the hype machine drooling excessively.

I would have expected him to be included in that list below. As far his AST/TO, he is currently at 2.49…sandwiched between the likes of Jrue and Kyle amongst guards.
                      Most points created via assists:

Chris Paul - 977
                      Trae Young - 860
                      Russell Westbrook - 849
                      James Harden - 798
                      Kyle Lowry - 780
                      Dejounte Murray - 749
                      Tyrese Haliburton - 659
                      Draymond Green - 654
                      LaMelo Ball - 650
                      Darius Garland - 640

Look I'm not mad at him gunning for it. These things have big implications on his future earnings. But that mentality again not sure what to make of it. Either way I find it interesting that they keep trying to put him in off ball situations and they have given him the ball less at the end of game/clock situations as much. This is the correct choice.

In relation to Scottie I will also argue that the two individuals who IN GENERAL can shoot less are FVV and GTJ. I maintain that. Overall the team regardless of the caliber of the competition HAS done better. I am not one that focuses on the caliber of competition too much because there were a number of games that we lost fielding a roster that was not close to full strength.

I would like to continue to see the ball in Siakam and Barnes hand down the stretch or for management to try to go get another ball handler.
                      Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Tue Jan 11, 2022, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Look I'm not mad at him gunning for it. These things have big implications on his future earnings. But that mentality again not sure what to make of it. Either way I find it interesting that they keep trying to put him in off ball situations and they have given him the ball less at the end of game/clock situations as much. This is the correct choice.

In relation to Scottie I will also argue that the two individuals who IN GENERAL can shoot less are FVV and GTJ. I maintain that. Overall the team regardless of the caliber of the competition HAS done better. I am not one that focuses on the caliber of competition too much because there were a number of games that we lost fielding a roster that was not close to full strength.

I would like to continue to see the ball in Siakam and Barnes hand down the stretch or for management to try to go get another ball handler.
                        Talking about Dirk recent Jersey retirement, I really liked how he blossomed from a deer in the headlights rook to arguably one of the best in the game. He started his career paired with a pass first point guard in Steve Nash then transitioned to another pass first guard in J.Kidd.

Giannis’s fortune was the misfortune of OJ Mayo, with the latter being off the picture due to personal stupidity, Giannis was under the tutelage of a Jason Kidd during his formative years and his developed chemistry with Jrue, he finally got what he deserved last season.

this is what I am hoping for Scottie during his development years, more touches for him. I am hopeful that Masai can see that in the offseason.
                        Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Tue Jan 11, 2022, 06:57 PM.

Comment

So II think the team has been rolling as of late. One issue that I still have and want to point out is this. I still think fred takes way too many shots. He shouldn't be taking almost 30 shots in a game especially if he is only going to be scoring 30 points. I like his floor spacing but that is the type of thing that worries me about him long term on the team. Also his quote about being the best guy on the team whether he is right or wrong. I don't know exactly how to interpret it. On one hand, you like guys to be confident without question. On the other hand, it comes across as overly arrogant.

Sorry I'll have to disagree here. If you're shooting 30% from 3, forcing shots on static low% iso's, and getting stuffed at the rim all the time, yeah take a seat.

But when you're shooting 41% from 3 (with over 9 attempts per game which is extremely hard to do), have the highest eFG% on the team (as a guard, no less), with almost 7 dimes per game without hardly ever committing turnovers, while not only not slacking on the defensive end but straight hounding opposing players to generate offence from d, all that while logging one of the highest minute-load in the league? Yeah, go ahead and take as many shots as you want.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Sorry I'll have to disagree here. If you're shooting 30% from 3, forcing shots on static low% iso's, and getting stuffed at the rim all the time, yeah take a seat.

But when you're shooting 41% from 3 (with over 9 attempts per game which is extremely hard to do), have the highest eFG% on the team (as a guard, no less), with almost 7 dimes per game without hardly ever committing turnovers, while not only not slacking on the defensive end but straight hounding opposing players to generate offence from d, all that while logging one of the highest minute-load in the league? Yeah, go ahead and take as many shots as you want.
                            who are you referring to taking a seat? FVV? or GTJ?

I am going to assume you mean FVV. That is fair. I was jus having an argument earlier with someone about Pascal still "taking Barnes" shoto and I was pointing out Pascal isn't the problem. The problem is partially Barnes and Partially on GTJ and FVV. I agree with you though. His shooting percentage from 3 is good enough to warrant an increased shot attempt. I just think that there are sometimes and some games that he can take maybe 8 less shots and have those shots be more evenly distributed.

GTJ on the other hand again would benefit from being on the second unit. Perhaps with Barnes, when Barnes is tasked with running that unit. The reason is because GTJ likes to shoot and that unit has no consistent form of half court offence.
                            Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Tue Jan 11, 2022, 06:57 PM.

Comment

who are you referring to taking a seat? FVV? or GTJ?

I am going to assume you mean FVV. That is fair. I was jus having an argument earlier with someone about Pascal still "taking Barnes" shoto and I was pointing out Pascal isn't the problem. The problem is partially Barnes and Partially on GTJ and FVV. I agree with you though. His shooting percentage from 3 is good enough to warrant an increased shot attempt. I just think that there are sometimes and some games that he can take maybe 8 less shots and have those shots be more evenly distributed.

GTJ on the other hand again would benefit from being on the second unit. Perhaps with Barnes, when Barnes is tasked with running that unit. The reason is because GTJ likes to shoot and that unit has no consistent form of half court offence.
                              This.
                              Move Scottie and GTJ to the 2nd unit.
                              This is the most proper way to develop him.
                              Being the 4th option, playing more like a 3D guy is NOT how we want Scottie to develop.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

This.
                                Move Scottie and GTJ to the 2nd unit.
                                This is the most proper way to develop him.
                                Being the 4th option, playing more like a 3D guy is NOT how we want Scottie to develop.
                                He hasn't been a 3D guy at all. Hes missing shots sure, but hes been used as a Gasol type. Initiate the offense as a playmaker at the top of the key, with a mix of post ups or sitting in the corner as Pascal and Fred do their thing. He is versatile enough to do many things.

Comment

Working...
                                X