Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    I want Fred gone but his comments there don't bother me in the slightest. Confidence is good. I just wish his game was as good as his confidence. To be sub 40% from the field and still ooze confidence takes some balls.
    That's the point, he doesn't back up the talk....and this is with the benefit of hindsight.

Look, Pascal says I want to be top 5 in the league, that's good. Confident, goal setting.
    Pascal then puts in a decent season and says "every team would want me because I'm a top 5 player in the league and want to get paid like it" .... bad.
    Tone deaf.
    No situational awareness.
    Freddy.

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
      Maybe not a popular opinion... but are we too hard on the guy right now?
      Ya think? It's almost deranged at this point. People slagging him for 20-20 games. LOL. Like he's harmed some of these people personally.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Ya think? It's almost deranged at this point. People slagging him for 20-20 games. LOL. Like he's harmed some of these people personally.
        Nah, something is wrong with the way your boy is wired.
        He needs to go.

Comment

• I don't dislike Fred at all, just don't think he's a good fit now and I don't see him talking this team to a higher level.
          He could definitely stay here and run it all back for a 4-6th place in the East and yet another early exit.

What's crazy is that people are OK with that and "what if everyone else on the team gets better" stuff

Comment

The correct move would be to stop doing so many interviews while the team is playing poorly. This isn't a post game interview, him doing these podcasts is completely optional. There are a lot of guys on the roster yet Fred seems to be in way more of these extracurricular interviews.
            This is the business part of professional sports, and Fred is elite at that.

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post
              I don't dislike Fred at all, just don't think he's a good fit now and I don't see him talking this team to a higher level.
              He could definitely stay here and run it all back for a 4-6th place in the East and yet another early exit.

What's crazy is that people are OK with that and "what if everyone else on the team gets better" stuff
              It's fine to think FVV should be moved or let go. Totally valid opinion. I'm ambivalent cause I think Good Fred can be a big asset in the right system and structure with the right #1 guy but Bad Fred can be a problem and I'm not sure he's willing to take on the role of role player, which is where he is best-suited.

But the inability of some to acknowledge any good the guy does (or has done) and the personal animosity is ridiculous. The point can be made without the vitriol.

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post
                I don't dislike Fred at all, just don't think he's a good fit now and I don't see him talking this team to a higher level.

Interesting. So your position is if we were to let Fred walk, we would place above 4th in the East?
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

How did he shoot that game?

If you go 1-8 from 3pt that's always slag worthy.

I never attack the man, just his game.

Comment

If you can't acknowledge a guy had a good game when he puts up 20-20 and breaks a team record older than dirt, then you've got to re-evaluate your perspective.

Comment

OK, whoa. Let's say Fred scored 100 points on 40/50 shooting from the field plus some free throws, but it included going 1/8 from three. Slagworthy?

If the answer is no, even with a bunch of sarcasm piled on top that he did not in fact score 100 points, then clearly you accept there are performances that include poor shooting from long range (which is essentially a random number generator for even good shooters so it's going to happen).

Your position is that a franchise record setting assist game does not qualify for such an exception, which is quite the stance to take. Appreciate the dedication to the blind negativity.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

OK, whoa. Let's say Fred scored 100 points on 40/50 shooting from the field plus some free throws, but it included going 1/8 from three. Slagworthy?

If the answer is no, even with a bunch of sarcasm piled on top that he did not in fact score 100 points, then clearly you accept there are performances that include poor shooting from long range (which is essentially a random number generator for even good shooters so it's going to happen).

Your position is that a franchise record setting assist game does not qualify for such an exception, which is quite the stance to take. Appreciate the dedication to the blind negativity.
                        I hope you're not one of those who dismisses Wilt's 100 as being scored against plumbers.

Comment

And they won by a lot, so he was more of a positive than a negative. Sure it was the Hornets, but thats beside the point.

Mitchell had 40 points on the same night against the Pacers. He shot 3/9 from 3 and had 5 turnovers, should we critique him too?

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I hope you're not one of those who dismisses Wilt's 100 as being scored against plumbers.
                            Its more likely that the people who dismiss Fred's 20/20 game because its the Hornets would do that.

Comment

If you can't acknowledge a guy had a good game when he puts up 20-20 and breaks a team record older than dirt, then you've got to re-evaluate your perspective.
                              He was really bad for the field as well.

Good passing that game. Just wish he could shoot not awful while playing against G League opponents.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

How did he shoot from the field? Anywhere close to 40 out of 50?

Comment

Working...
                                X