Everything Serge Ibaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I keep going back to the Nets, who are starving for any NBA talent from anywhere. Endless cap room, and they could always shrewdly flip him if he revives his career a little bit
    In the RR podcast, William Lou brought up the good point that the Nets are coached by Atkinson who had a great relationship with Carroll during their days in Atlanta, and might feel more comfortable about bringing in Carroll as a reclamation project than other teams might.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      His lack of fluidity, great hands, and ball-skill are concerning as a power forward, so signing him to a big deal seems like a massive risk. However, these are lesser concerns as a small-ball stretch 5, so much of that risk is mitigated.
      Wtf? Lack of fluidity? Hands and ball skill? The guy is smooth as fuck. Are you watching any games? He hits turn around fade away jumpers better than Demar does. Really dont understand this assessment. He has been a saviour on both offense and defense for us.

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
        Wtf? Lack of fluidity? Hands and ball skill? The guy is smooth as fuck. Are you watching any games? He hits turn around fade away jumpers better than Demar does. Really dont understand this assessment. He has been a saviour on both offense and defense for us.
        I didn't say he was offensively incompetent. He goes for the fadeaway because that's one of his few moves (along with a baby hook). He has trouble releasing on the seal and catching and finishing in one fluid motion. Like a lot of shot-blockers, he doesn't have great touch catching and finishing around the rim. He's not known for his passing abilities.

Doesn't mean he's not a great player.

Comment

I didn't say he was offensively incompetent. He goes for the fadeaway because that's one of his few moves (along with a baby hook). He has trouble releasing on the seal and catching and finishing in one fluid motion. Like a lot of shot-blockers, he doesn't have great touch catching and finishing around the rim. He's not known for his passing abilities.

Doesn't mean he's not a great player.
          I think the only risk of signing Ibaka long term is his age. Does he maintain his current production, or fall off a cliff in the tail end of his contract.

From a Raptors perspective, signing him is a no brainer. We've had a glaring hole at PF for 7 years. We're likely not going to find anyone better.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I think the only risk of signing Ibaka long term is his age. Does he maintain his current production, or fall off a cliff in the tail end of his contract.

From a Raptors perspective, signing him is a no brainer. We've had a glaring hole at PF for 7 years. We're likely not going to find anyone better.
            They are also at a point where, being over the cap, you can lose talent for nothing and not be able to replace it. That's the worst outcome, some capped out teams slowly bleed talent year over year and gradually move in a negative direction. You have to keep the talent on the roster, go over the cap to re-sign players, use trades to change things up when needed.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

I guess his age is a factor when you look at injury risk, but I see no other reason to think Serge can't be an impact-veteran for the next 4 years.

Comment

• There's a lot of 'good Ibaka', but unfortunately there's a lot of 'bad Ibaka' too.

Comment

There's a lot of 'good Ibaka', but unfortunately there's a lot of 'bad Ibaka' too.
                  I think you resign everyone and figure it out after. I don't think we could be bad enough to get the right picks to make us good within 5 years.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                    I think you resign everyone and figure it out after. I don't think we could be bad enough to get the right picks to make us good within 5 years.
                    I agree, this is no time to start voiding assets.

Comment

• But you've got to somehow get him on a tradeable deal (ie not over 25 mill).

Comment

• Thoughts on Ibaka in this series? would you bring him back next season?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          Thoughts on Ibaka in this series? would you bring him back next season?
                          Wish we had Ross
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            Thoughts on Ibaka in this series? would you bring him back next season?
                            Depends what he costs. I agree he looks gassed too often, maybe his ankle is bothering him, but if you want intensity out of him on D, shot making on O, and some small ball 5, he looks like a guy that will need to be handled a bit delicately, maybe down at 30-32 mpg.

I dunno, he looked good in the playoffs just last year, so it's a bit hard to judge. Steven Adams also had a poorer showing this year than last, no age or injury excuses with him. It's hard to tell. I'd definitely be gun shy about ending up with Carroll 2.0, really can't afford that.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• No thanks.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                Wish we had Ross
                                Woah any argument for that? We tend to to forget Ross horrendous defense and what about his amazing, even sub-par trash bros shooting in the playoffs 36.4%/29.2% free throws are not even worth mentioning because he shot 25(!) in 31 playoff games.

As for Ibaka why don't bring him back, unless we rebuild which seems as completely another debate and then of course it's pointless to bring him back. We hardly played the core of DeMar/Kyle/Ibaka together. It's even more polarizing that in the East no one soon is going to compete with LeBron for at least some time but why not be competitive (as in "dreadfull" treadmill participant in ECF and semifinals? Until I hear about some amazing plan that gets as stacked as at least Timberwolves in terms of young talent I'll pass. You hardly can find better PF, and definitely won't be able to get better one this summer. Let's pray that MLSE won't be cheap or we'll start Siakam next season, because I'm not sure we should resign PPat...

Comment

Working...
                                X