• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    I sure hope we don't have 60 million regrets
    Where have I heard that before

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• 3 preseason games with similar results. I'm beginning to think that his chucking will continue into the season. Just like when Rudy Gay got here.

Casey sure loves his chuckers!

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        3 preseason games with similar results. I'm beginning to think that his chucking will continue into the season. Just like when Rudy Gay got here.

Casey sure loves his chuckers!

Andre Bargnani > Rudy Gay > Demarre Carroll > 'y' (y = casey*he's our guy/come hell or high water)(shots they normally make) + pound the rock - role card

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• LOL.. Carroll doesn't fit that mold (he never chucked, just sucked). But Lou and Greivis sure did.

Comment

• Casey likes players that allow him to forget about drawing up offensive plays. Just give them the ball and do something. Whether it's something good or bad is irrelevant
            OG is our king

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Yeah, pre-season means nothing.

But I would definitely feel a little better if Serge would wake the hell up from whatever he's doing so far.
              He seems to come off his focus when he starts mixing it up after the whistle.

So far he has exchanged pleasantries with two of the leagues bigger dochebags in Myers Leonard and Blake “ Sucker punch my own Trainer” Griffin. Which is fine..as long as you can keep your head in the game and make your opponent come off theirs.

He’s a vet...getting through training camp exerting as little energy as possible.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                I understand that it's pre-season but i feel like the fact that Serge Ibaka looks about 60% as fast as JV (in both foot-speed and decision making) is kind of worrying.
                I've been saying.

Ibaka at the PF spot is not going to be a more useful player than Patterson. What he's better than Patterson at in shot blocking and rebounding (not even by much) he gives up in his inability to switch onto bigger 3s and guard the perimeter at a high level.

The problem is that now even if we do play him at the 5, the advantages that it previously would've given us are negated by the fact that it would have to be Siakam at the 4 spot. When we had Tucker and 2Pat this allowed for some really dynamic potential lineups with them as 2-way stretch power forwards. Miles can't do that because his defense is average at best and he doesn't rebound well at all.

Also we had REALLY better hope that Ibaka is just "trying stuff out" in preseason, because if he's going to play this kind of low-IQ basketball, while not really having a huge impact on the defensive end at the 4 spot, he could very well end up being a net negative player for us on the floor.

I am really not high on Serge.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  I haven't been watching much of the games, what's all the commotion?
                  He's playing like Kendrick Perkins out there.
                  "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                    I've been saying.

Ibaka at the PF spot is not going to be a more useful player than Patterson. What he's better than Patterson at in shot blocking and rebounding (not even by much) he gives up in his inability to switch onto bigger 3s and guard the perimeter at a high level.

The problem is that now even if we do play him at the 5, the advantages that it previously would've given us are negated by the fact that it would have to be Siakam at the 4 spot. When we had Tucker and 2Pat this allowed for some really dynamic potential lineups with them as 2-way stretch power forwards. Miles can't do that because his defense is average at best and he doesn't rebound well at all.

Also we had REALLY better hope that Ibaka is just "trying stuff out" in preseason, because if he's going to play this kind of low-IQ basketball, while not really having a huge impact on the defensive end at the 4 spot, he could very well end up being a net negative player for us on the floor.

I am really not high on Serge.
                    yeah the "ibaka at the 5" train left the station with PJ tucker as far as I'm concerned. I am 100% sure they'll run it out to close games, but it's not going to be effective.

Comment

yeah the "ibaka at the 5" train left the station with PJ tucker as far as I'm concerned. I am 100% sure they'll run it out to close games, but it's not going to be effective.
                      Yep, you need a good 2-way combo forward to make that work and we don't have one. Not even sure we have a good one-way combo forward until we see whether Anunoby can play great defense at the NBA level. That's not a guarantee.

Comment

Yep, you need a good 2-way combo forward to make that work and we don't have one. Not even sure we have a good one-way combo forward until we see whether Anunoby can play great defense at the NBA level. That's not a guarantee.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                          Stackhouse called Siakam the best defender on this team so I disagree with that. It also wasn't all PJ. All our perimeter players are above average rebounders for thier respective position. It was rebounding by committee. Let's wait for some actual games before saying things won't work.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            Stackhouse called Siakam the best defender on this team so I disagree with that. It also wasn't all PJ. All our perimeter players are above average rebounders for thier respective position. It was rebounding by committee. Let's wait for some actual games before saying things won't work.

Why do you keep talking about Pascal's defence just because Stackhouse said it's good lol. Nothing in terms of the eye test has shown Pascal is even remotely a good defender. Now he definitely has the potential to a Amir type defender (well Amir when he was in his prime in Toronto) and he's shown to be a good ONE ON ONE defender, but in terms of team defence he's still very bad. I've been watching his defence specifically this preseason because you keep saying he's a good defender and he's been very very bad. For ever getting lost, struggling to get through screens, losing his man. And it's constant, not just here and there. But as a one on one defender with no screen to fight through he's pretty good. But in this NBA you'll always have to fight through some screen and to me team defence is way more important.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

lmao pascal isn't a good defender at all dude. He's passable 1 on 1 but has horrible awareness (and still does this pre-season). Stackhouse was just talking up his players in a broadcast setting.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                                Why do you keep talking about Pascal's defence just because Stackhouse said it's good lol. Nothing in terms of the eye test has shown Pascal is even remotely a good defender. Now he definitely has the potential to a Amir type defender (well Amir when he was in his prime in Toronto) and he's shown to be a good ONE ON ONE defender, but in terms of team defence he's still very bad. I've been watching his defence specifically this preseason because you keep saying he's a good defender and he's been very very bad. For ever getting lost, struggling to get through screens, losing his man. And it's constant, not just here and there. But as a one on one defender with no screen to fight through he's pretty good. But in this NBA you'll always have to fight through some screen and to me team defence is way more important.
                                We must be watching different games. He hasnt been that bad in my opinion. He hasn't been great either. I'd say his beem just fine on that end. Once again you can't make conclusions out of preseason. He is playing in a lineups of all young players and Bruno. The team D wont be that good from that group. I value coaches opinions more than RR posters. They are actually in practise and actually know they are talking about.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X