Everything Serge Ibaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer wrote: View Post
    I am quite impressed with Serge's improvement since that huge stretch of off days. I don't have the numbers but eye test says it is significant. someone has already commented on how impactful those rest days may be during the relaxed scheduling of the playoffs. It looks like very few back to backs for the rest of the schedule. the schedule makers are helping the Raptors out this season.
    Some other things maybe others have mentioned at some point:

- Starting to get benched in the fourth must have given him at least a little bit of a kick in the ass.

- I'm pretty sure (not certain) that his first really impressive game of this stretch was on the Mandela tribute night when Dikembe was sitting courtside. He played with huge passion and energy that game, like I hadn't seen before. I think playing well in front of Mutombo was important to him, and sparked part of the fire that we've seen since then.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• There really needs to be more discussion on how good/steady Ibaka has been over the past couple of weeks. Starting to look like Ibaka ca. 2014.

We may finally have our legit 3rd option.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        There really needs to be more discussion on how good/steady Ibaka has been over the past couple of weeks. Starting to look like Ibaka ca. 2014.

It's the days off, I think. Bodes well for the playoffs.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• looking razor sharp right now - rejecting everything on D and finishing everything on O.

Comment

• He's been much better now than earlier in the year or even last year. He seems to be a lot more comfortable in the offense. Doesn't just shoot every pass he gets. He'll make the second pass, or try to drive it to the rim. He and JV seemed to have figured out how to share the paint as well.

That early road trip I think helped create the chemistry this team needed to start gelling.

Comment

• He looks like he's 32 now instead of 38. Not bad.

Comment

• Deems wrote: View Post
                He looks like he's 32 now instead of 38. Not bad.
                While everybody else is popping in their mouth guards, Serge is popping in his false teeth. So what. It's 2017, let's not be ageists.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

There really needs to be more discussion on how good/steady Ibaka has been over the past couple of weeks. Starting to look like Ibaka ca. 2014.

No, it's not finding a 3rd option, it's running an offence where hierarchy matters less.

Last night Lowry and JV had low scoring outputs and we still obliterated the opposition. That would have been hard to pull off in previous years, partly because of how we played. We now run a system where the ball can find it's way to different guys and anybody in our starting lineup can be a threat to go off, even OG if he can just make his 3s, which are mostly wide open due to how well we're playing as a team and how well our starters compliment each other offensively. No one's getting in each other's way and everyone is sharing the ball.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

No, it's not finding a 3rd option, it's running an offence where hierarchy matters less.

Last night Lowry and JV had low scoring outputs and we still obliterated the opposition. That would have been hard to pull off in previous years, partly because of how we played. We now run a system where the ball can find it's way to different guys and anybody in our starting lineup can be a threat to go off, even OG if he can just make his 3s, which are mostly wide open due to how well we're playing as a team and how well our starters compliment each other offensively. No one's getting in each other's way and everyone is sharing the ball.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      looking razor sharp right now - rejecting everything on D and finishing everything on O.
                      My lord is he ever finishing with authority. That's what I want to see more from JV and Norm right now. Less hesitation and more confidence.

Comment

• Quietly lead the team in scoring today. Solid shots and solid D. He's been steady and consistent for quite a while now. Nice work.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                          Quietly lead the team in scoring today. Solid shots and solid D. He's been steady and consistent for quite a while now. Nice work.
                          One thing I've noticed lately is how poorly Raptors players switches work when Serge is one of the guys switching. It seems that half the time Serge doesn't switch, so the team winds up with two guys clinging onto Serge's man, and the guy Serge was supposed to switch onto is getting a wide open look. Maybe that's just my impression, but I would be interested in hearing if anyone else has noticed this.

Comment

• Serge is a beast. Good guy, tough.

I like Serge.

Comment

• Serge is such a shit disturber, lol. He's our very own Congolese 'Sheed.

Comment

Serge is such a shit disturber, lol. He's our very own Congolese 'Sheed.
                                If you watch the james johnson thing super slow mo, JJ throws but stops so it becomes like a half punch, and on reflex serge throws a half punch, then has a moment of realization who he's squaring off with and quickly put his hands up ric flair style like "no no, truce" jj would drop serge like a bad habit
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X