Everything Serge Ibaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    That's not the argument I'm making. I'm making the argument that last time we were in the unique position of being able to give the Spurs exactly what they wanted (continuing relevancy through the acquisition of a star in exchange for Kawhi) when no other team could. We are in no such position of strength this time around. Delon Wright and some cap relief for a year isn't going to get it done.
    All you’re saying is we can’t do it followed by a bit of rage. What other teams could, would, and should make an offer? What would those offers be? I doubt they’re much better than ours. Thibs probably doesn’t want a defensive sieve in Mcollum. He would want two way players with good defensive reputations likely, as well as cap relief and 3 point shooting (considering 3pt shooting was a serious problem for the wolves last year). I think our offer would be competitive. I’m not saying we’re a shoe in to get him, maybe he won’t even be traded. What we do know is that Masai is willing to be aggressive and won’t be satisfied until a championship banner hangs in the ACC (I’m still calling it that). We also know that Jimmy Butler is unhappy in his current situation and as of right now likely won’t resign in Minny. We also know that Jimmy has a strong relationship with Kyle. If he’s moved, we’ll be in the mix.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZelEjPNznI8

Damn....

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
        All you’re saying is we can’t do it followed by a bit of rage. What other teams could, would, and should make an offer? What would those offers be? I doubt they’re much better than ours. Thibs probably doesn’t want a defensive sieve in Mcollum. He would want two way players with good defensive reputations likely, as well as cap relief and 3 point shooting (considering 3pt shooting was a serious problem for the wolves last year). I think our offer would be competitive. I’m not saying we’re a shoe in to get him, maybe he won’t even be traded. What we do know is that Masai is willing to be aggressive and won’t be satisfied until a championship banner hangs in the ACC (I’m still calling it that). We also know that Jimmy Butler is unhappy in his current situation and as of right now likely won’t resign in Minny. We also know that Jimmy has a strong relationship with Kyle. If he’s moved, we’ll be in the mix.
        What Minny takes depends on how motivated a seller they are. The owner seems to be pretty motivated to move a player that doesn’t want to be here and is at odds with the two guys the owner has made significant commitment to.

It might not take a bunch.

We shall see.

In any event it does make Thibs look like the Kings in this deal. Minny might wind up trading a starting PG in Dunn...a starting SG in Lavine and a starting PF/C in Markkanen for spare change.

Just ouch.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• Can't wait for the next episode..

I say OG will be the only one that eats everything that is served without sweating it

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
            Can't wait for the next episode..

I say OG will be the only one that eats everything that is served without sweating it
            God, I hope they don't get food poisoning.

Comment

• Cooking the worms for DeMar was something else. Maybe he seasoned them off camera or something, but on camera he just fried them in some butter then dumped them on a plate with white rice. Wow.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                Cooking the worms for DeMar was something else. Maybe he seasoned them off camera or something, but on camera he just fried them in some butter then dumped them on a plate with white rice. Wow.
                Did you check out his fish eyes (large and translucent) masterpiece he made for some lady friend. He kept it a secret until he presented it... and then she gagged.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                  Cooking the worms for DeMar was something else. Maybe he seasoned them off camera or something, but on camera he just fried them in some butter then dumped them on a plate with white rice. Wow.
                  He cooked them with salt and pepper, but that's it.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    He cooked them with salt and pepper, but that's it.
                    Not to date myself, but Serge may have some copyright infringements to deal with

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                      Not to date myself, but Serge may have some copyright infringements to deal with

Man that takes me back. Also makes me feel really old now.

Comment

• Did anyone listen to the Arse/Tim Chisolm RR podcast last week? In a big man rotation of Jonas, Ibaka, Monroe, OG and Siakam, Tim basically considers Ibaka to be 4th on this list (at best).

If you agree with Tim's take, not only should Ibaka be NOT starting, he should be relegated to garbage time.

I'm not sure if I'd go that far, but I definitely want to see OG starting at PF.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          Did anyone listen to the Arse/Tim Chisolm RR podcast last week? In a big man rotation of Jonas, Ibaka, Monroe, OG and Siakam, Tim basically considers Ibaka to be 4th on this list (at best).

If you agree with Tim's take, not only should Ibaka be NOT starting, he should be relegated to garbage time.

I'm not sure if I'd go that far, but I definitely want to see OG starting at PF.
                          Yeah that seems a bit extreme. Ibaka is still very useful. Hopefully we see a bit of resurgence under Nurse. I would prefer to see OG start at 4 too and Ibaka play the 5 for the bench unit.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Did anyone listen to the Arse/Tim Chisolm RR podcast last week? In a big man rotation of Jonas, Ibaka, Monroe, OG and Siakam, Tim basically considers Ibaka to be 4th on this list (at best).

It's premature. Siakam needs to be consistently productive, OG needs to avoid the sophomore slump and they both need to continue to improve. If they do that, and Ibaka continues to decline, then he could very well fall well down the food chain but it's early days....

No doubt though that, assuming everyone stays healthy, one and maybe even two of those guys is going to be the odd man out.

Comment

• Ibaka is still the best bet to start and a good fit beside JV. Who ends games at the two forward spots is a whole different question, we're going to see a lot more experimenting from Nurse on that end vs. the set decisions Casey would always make early in the season and stick with.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                                Did you check out his fish eyes (large and translucent) masterpiece he made for some lady friend. He kept it a secret until he presented it... and then she gagged.
                                Have some RESPECT for the beautiful, Cari Champion. LOL.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X