No announcement yet.

Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OG has been the most pleasant surprise of this season, one of the very few bright spots. But he's only shown flashes of the pkg you describe about. True, still very young but a long way to go to be a dominant franchise type player. Love the few games we have seen him be really aggressive tho, usually when the team is short handed

Comment

• OG is the only untouchable on the roster for me. I mean, there are players i would move him for, but realistically those trades would never happen. He has all nba potential, but I dont see him as a franchise type player. Maybe he gets there, his offence has improved leaps and bounds this season. But if Im predicting his peak, Im thinking 3rd option on offence and best on defence, for a championship contender. I dont think he can become a kawhi type, best on both sides of the floor for a champion team, but you never know. It took kawhi a few years to get there, and it didnt require an unlimited leash on offence to make it happen.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
        Woj and the Vertical think he has all star potential.

Here are some videos for everyone:

And another:

Draft express strengths:

Here is his workout video:

this aged very well

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
          OG is the only untouchable on the roster for me. I mean, there are players i would move him for, but realistically those trades would never happen. He has all nba potential, but I dont see him as a franchise type player. Maybe he gets there, his offence has improved leaps and bounds this season. But if Im predicting his peak, Im thinking 3rd option on offence and best on defence, for a championship contender. I dont think he can become a kawhi type, best on both sides of the floor for a champion team, but you never know. It took kawhi a few years to get there, and it didnt require an unlimited leash on offence to make it happen.
          I've been saying for a while OG is a better Ron Artest. WHICH IS HIGH PRAISE. He isn't as ..... I don't even know how to describe RON Artest.. but OG doesn't get phased in the same way.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            I'm not gonna boost OG more than he deserves. He's playing great and improving. But franchise player? I don't see that yet.
            "Franchise player" is such a poorly defined and questionably useful term - because different franchises have different standards for it. Karl-Anthony Towns is probably considered by some to be Minnesota's franchise player. Kevin Love was likewise likely to be named as Cleveland's franchise player prior to this year's current I-don't-wanna-be-here-any-more season. Demar Derozan's performance this year has been more impactful than that of Love, and I think has also been more impactful that that of Towns, but nobody's calling him San Antonio's franchise player, because Spurs fans remember their previous franchise player Tim Duncan, and their standards for that label are higher. Derozan's clearly been their best player, though, and I would argue that he has mostly kept the Spurs relevant by himself.

OG is not the sort of player that can keep a team relevant by himself, at least not yet - but let's be fair, Demar wasn't that player yet when he was here either. San Antonio Demar is the result of a combination of continual development of raw talent, years of development of his primary talent as a scorer in Toronto, a process of being challenged to expand his game starting late in his Toronto career and extending into San Antonio, and already heady motivation kicked into overdrive by being the second best player in the trade which will be remembered for winning his former franchise the championship. (And I suspect a few years of Popovich coaching have also made him a considerably smarter player in ways that Casey's coaching was never geared to.)

OG's an interesting case here when it comes to predicting where he'll top out (or even where he's currently at. He's got multiple talents offensively and defensively, and is not raw enough at one thing for it to be considered an obvious weakness. He's a smart player that continues to get smarter with experience and coaching, and he's continued to develop at a steady pace, especially as greater opportunity has presented itself. The limiting factors to me look like they may be whether OG will continue to get challenged and given opportunities to continue growing at the steady pace he has been, and whether his consistent high level of motivation will be able translate into the level of fiery competitiveness that many of the very best players (Lebron, Kawhi, Butler) are able to draw on when the situation calls for it. If OG is given all of the opportunity he can handle, and he develops the ability to draw on that fire, he could be a very dominant player.

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post

"Franchise player" is such a poorly defined and questionably useful term - because different franchises have different standards for it. Karl-Anthony Towns is probably considered by some to be Minnesota's franchise player. Kevin Love was likewise likely to be named as Cleveland's franchise player prior to this year's current I-don't-wanna-be-here-any-more season. Demar Derozan's performance this year has been more impactful than that of Love, and I think has also been more impactful that that of Towns, but nobody's calling him San Antonio's franchise player, because Spurs fans remember their previous franchise player Tim Duncan, and their standards for that label are higher. Derozan's clearly been their best player, though, and I would argue that he has mostly kept the Spurs relevant by himself.

OG is not the sort of player that can keep a team relevant by himself, at least not yet - but let's be fair, Demar wasn't that player yet when he was here either. San Antonio Demar is the result of a combination of continual development of raw talent, years of development of his primary talent as a scorer in Toronto, a process of being challenged to expand his game starting late in his Toronto career and extending into San Antonio, and already heady motivation kicked into overdrive by being the second best player in the trade which will be remembered for winning his former franchise the championship. (And I suspect a few years of Popovich coaching have also made him a considerably smarter player in ways that Casey's coaching was never geared to.)

OG's an interesting case here when it comes to predicting where he'll top out (or even where he's currently at. He's got multiple talents offensively and defensively, and is not raw enough at one thing for it to be considered an obvious weakness. He's a smart player that continues to get smarter with experience and coaching, and he's continued to develop at a steady pace, especially as greater opportunity has presented itself. The limiting factors to me look like they may be whether OG will continue to get challenged and given opportunities to continue growing at the steady pace he has been, and whether his consistent high level of motivation will be able translate into the level of fiery competitiveness that many of the very best players (Lebron, Kawhi, Butler) are able to draw on when the situation calls for it. If OG is given all of the opportunity he can handle, and he develops the ability to draw on that fire, he could be a very dominant player.
              bottomline...OG and Derozan are both complementary players and are not 1A players

two main questions though considering the same timeline...

who will excel in the regular season?

and who will fade when it matters most?

OG’s strength as a great defensive player and his 40% 3 point shooting

Derozan strength in isolation and mid range

especially if you pair one of them with an elite ball dominant 1A dynamic player?

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

bottomline...OG and Derozan are both complementary players and are not 1A players

two main questions though considering the same timeline...

who will excel in the regular season?

and who will fade when it matters most?

OG’s strength as a great defensive player and his 40% 3 point shooting

Derozan strength in isolation and mid range

especially if you pair one of them with an elite ball dominant 1A dynamic player?

"1A players" is almost as loose in some ways as "franchise player." Better to use something like "top 5" or "top 10" or "top 30" where it's clearer how many people are in the tier you're talking about.

I'd expect OG to be top 100 very soon and could be persuaded that he's there already. He definitely has top 50 or maybe even top 30 potential in my opinion.

Derozan is probably still top 50, but there's a lot of leeway there for varying opinions on that, given that the caliber of the roster he's on and how that has affected team performance. I do think a lot of people here judge Derozan too harshly based on their extreme disappointment in his playoff performances.

And to be fair, it's difficult to completely tease apart the player's performance level from the team's. Kawhi was clearly top 3 when he won the chapionship with us, but on a Clippers team which is arguably at least somewhat close to our championship team talent-wise on paper, I'm not even sure he's top 10 in the league. He's not the only reason the Kawhi-era Clippers have underperformed, but I don't think he should get off scot free, either.

Comment

"1A players" is almost as loose in some ways as "franchise player." Better to use something like "top 5" or "top 10" or "top 30" where it's clearer how many people are in the tier you're talking about.

I'd expect OG to be top 100 very soon and could be persuaded that he's there already. He definitely has top 50 or maybe even top 30 potential in my opinion.

Derozan is probably still top 50, but there's a lot of leeway there for varying opinions on that, given that the caliber of the roster he's on and how that has affected team performance. I do think a lot of people here judge Derozan too harshly based on their extreme disappointment in his playoff performances.

And to be fair, it's difficult to completely tease apart the player's performance level from the team's. Kawhi was clearly top 3 when he won the chapionship with us, but on a Clippers team which is arguably at least somewhat close to our championship team talent-wise on paper, I'm not even sure he's top 10 in the league. He's not the only reason the Kawhi-era Clippers have underperformed, but I don't think he should get off scot free, either.
                  The way Kawhi consistently loads manages now, he'll ony be judged (good or bad, fairly or not) by playoff success.

Comment

...I'd expect OG to be top 100 very soon and could be persuaded that he's there already. He definitely has top 50 or maybe even top 30 potential in my opinion...
                    Sports Illustrated has him at 73 in their Dec 17, 2020 issue. He could be higher now.

Comment

• I think it is best to avoid speaking in absolutes when it comes to what a player who is only 23 years old (one year older than both our rookies this season) can be, especially one showing significant improvement over time, which he has plenty more of before even approaching his peak.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• thats just it.. the kid is young.. doing GREAT! I don't want to jinx it I have no idea what he could be but the future is bright with him.

most players ENTER their prime around age 27-28 and then they stay there until 32-34. He has a LOT of room to develop. I am excited to see his offensive midrange game improve.

Comment

• https://streamable.com/hhd7kr

oh boy
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• His in game handles definitely don't look that good, but hey if he ever gets there, he can be a legit all-star. His handles is the thing that is holding him back.

Next season is key for him, he is in line for a break out season.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

His in game handles definitely don't look that good, but hey if he ever gets there, he can be a legit all-star. His handles is the thing that is holding him back.

Next season is key for him, he is in line for a break out season.
                              His handles need to be good enough where he can take big guys to school but anybody smaller he gotta kill them in post.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• OG is going to be a key contributor on this team for many years to come. He doesn’t have to be a franchise player or 1A.

I think this team is trending towards being a deep 1 through 8-9 player team. Maybe better than those Lowry/DeMar teams, I think the complimentary players may be better.

Like I’ve said in previous posts this pick is going to very important... if we can get a player that has future all star potential then we already have a very good team of complimentary players in OG, Siakam, FVV, Trent Jr., Flynn, Boucher, Birch (I’m pretty sure we are keeping him) and whoever else we add in free agency.

Comment

Working...
                                X