Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

The % of cap is all that matters. The cap will go up 10% every year so the deal will get better over time. People looking at the $s will have a very distorted view of what it means for the team.

Raptors need to pay OG whatever the market dictates. If it's a max then so be it.
    It's not even a question really. Hopefully he doesn't feel the need to go somewhere for a better role.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

The % of cap is all that matters. The cap will go up 10% every year so the deal will get better over time. People looking at the $s will have a very distorted view of what it means for the team.

Raptors need to pay OG whatever the market dictates. If it's a max then so be it.
      Yeah sure, but he gets 8% raises.. so at the end would still be in the high 20's. More than a quarter of the cap.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah sure, but he gets 8% raises.. so at the end would still be in the high 20's. More than a quarter of the cap.
        I'm fine with that if that's what it takes to keep him.

Comment

• Last night was a perfect example of what OG does. He checked out due to cramping and everything went downhill. We could have really used him down the stretch and OT.

Comment

Huh????
            High 20s, what..common man..
            I'm..not happening, only in a dream.
            This guy is easily gonna making 35, 40 million..maybe even 45 million.
            Also, this guy is Raptors second best player right behind Scottie Barnes.
            Forget about Siakim..he ain't the guy, he ain't IT. He hasn't been it since Kawli, Lowry. His a good third guy, but not for over 50 million, plus it won't work..bc he thinks his the guy, the alpha..I still don't understand why they haven't moved him.
            OG is a must signed, I don't think ppl get how important he is 2 this organization.
            He leaves, it's total rebuild.
            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
              Last night was a perfect example of what OG does. He checked out due to cramping and everything went downhill. We could have really used him down the stretch and OT.
              Pretty sure there's no OT if he stayed on the floor.
              He would have clamped DeMar down, and would never bite on his pump fakes like you know who.

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

Huh????
                High 20s, what..common man..
                I'm..not happening, only in a dream.
                This guy is easily making 35, 40 million..maybe even 45 million.
                Also, this guy is Raptors second best player right behind Scottie Barnes.
                Forget about Siakim..he ain't the guy, he ain't IT. He hasn't been it since Kawli, Lowry. His a good third guy, but not for over 50 million, plus it won't work..bc he thinks his the guy, the alpha..I still don't understand why they haven't moved him.
                OG is a must signed OG, I don't think ppl get how important he is 2 this organization.
                He leaves, it's total rebuild.
                I laid out his max.. it's about $50M a year. And that's at the full 30% of the salary cap (you know his max). High 20's mean high 20%... meaning he will get more than a quarter of the cap (25%) even if the cap goes up 10% every year because I would assume he gets 8% raises.

He's not a super star. Never made an all-star. Never even sniffed it. Like let's slow our roll a bit. He's a role player. Not a star. He's good because he provides something this team needs which is mainly 3pt shooting. His defense is great, but he's still a role player. His offence is quite ugly if he's not just draining 3's.. you don't want him initiating the offense.

Maybe he's worth a max. Fred got one so who the heck knows anymore. But I hope we can get him at a more reasonable rate then the full max. There has to be a ceiling for these role player types. It's like people think he's Kawhi or something all of a sudden.

But the market is the market. A team could chase him with a full max just like Houston did with Fred. And we can try to match that deal. But I really hope we get a home town discount for him. Because a full max feels like a huge overpayment.

Comment

• OG’s defense deserves a good pay day.

Comment

• If you're paying for elite defense, then looking at former DPOYs, there are 2 types of players: (1) legit 2-way superstars (Giannis, Kawhi,...) & (2) defense-first role players (Gobert, Smart, Draymond, JJJ,...). OG is clearly in the 2nd category, and not all of those guys automatically get max contracts.

JJJ on Grizzlies this year is an example of what Raptors would look like, if you're paying OG the max with the hope he can develop into a first or second option.

Raps still have no direction, unless/until Scottie can develop into a legitimate 30+ scoring threat. You saw Sixers last night had 2 guys who can make ultra difficult contested shots, regardless of how good our defense was. We have zero guys like that.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      If you're paying for elite defense, then looking at former DPOYs, there are 2 types of players: (1) legit 2-way superstars (Giannis, Kawhi,...) & (2) defense-first role players (Gobert, Smart, Draymond, JJJ,...). OG is clearly in the 2nd category, and not all of those guys automatically get max contracts.

JJJ on Grizzlies this year is an example of what Raptors would look like, if you're paying OG the max with the hope he can develop into a first or second option.

Raps still have no direction, unless/until Scottie can develop into a legitimate 30+ scoring threat. You saw Sixers last night had 2 guys who can make ultra difficult contested shots, regardless of how good our defense was. We have zero guys like that.
                      Defense is fantastic (if the alternative is its absence) but it's frankly over rated if its at the expense of a solid offence. You need a sh*t ton of guys dropping 15-20 if you don't have a guy or two capable of 25-30 many nights. Raps have too many of the former and only one of the latter (Pascal) and they're actively trying to minimize him to develop another (Scottie)....

Comment

• OG should get what Aaron Gordon gets. He gets 17% of the cap. I'd be fine up to 20%. But when we start talking max dollars, especially 30% max dollars, then you have to be super selective.

OG is an elite defender, and solid 3pt shooter. He should be the 3rd best player on a championship team. That's not a max contract.

I really hope OG doesn't chase the money. But Philly can offer both (a chance to play with an MVP, and get paid) and that's what I'm scared of the most. Philly could replace Harris with OG and that's an upgrade for them.

Comment

• Can we get a discount for every game he is out in his young career, ugh.

but there is no doubt, teams with the money will offer him a very good sum if he becomes a free agent

I hope Masai/ Bobby and OG could meet halfway to a new contract, he is a priority IMO.

Comment

OG should get what Aaron Gordon gets. He gets 17% of the cap. I'd be fine up to 20%. But when we start talking max dollars, especially 30% max dollars, then you have to be super selective.

OG is an elite defender, and solid 3pt shooter. He should be the 3rd best player on a championship team. That's not a max contract.

I really hope OG doesn't chase the money. But Philly can offer both (a chance to play with an MVP, and get paid) and that's what I'm scared of the most. Philly could replace Harris with OG and that's an upgrade for them.
                            Yeah, if you can only hand out two max contracts per contending team, I'm not giving one of those to OG. Now having said that, we aren't a contending team and don't project as one over the next 2-3 years.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Yeah, if you can only hand out two max contracts per contending team, I'm not giving one of those to OG. Now having said that, we aren't a contending team and don't project as one over the next 2-3 years.
                              Scottie would for sure be the other max contract, so you'd have 2 guys that you're not sure if they can be #1 or even #2 (in the case of OG) scoring options.

That's why the Pascal trade to Hawks for: DeAndre Hunter, AJ Griffin + picks makes a lot of sense. Hunter does a lot of what OG does for a lot less and he's locked up long-term on a good contract.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Scottie would for sure be the other max contract, so you'd have 2 guys that you're not sure if they can be #1 or even #2 (in the case of OG) scoring options.

That's why the Pascal trade to Hawks for: DeAndre Hunter, AJ Griffin + picks makes a lot of sense. Hunter does a lot of what OG does for a lot less and he's locked up long-term on a good contract.
                                Yeah would have loved that trade with the Hawks, but management clearly weren't sold on the return. Maybe they're waiting on the Hawks to run into a 5 game losing streak to up the offer (Bufkin)? That's a pretty high stakes game of chicken with the Hawks, not signing Pascal to an extension yet.

What would be the repercussions of Pascal walking for nothing at the end of the season similar to Fred? Is Massai trying to get fired so he can get to his new spot in a US market?

Comment

Working...
                                X