Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TacoBreath wrote: View Post
    Last night they called it a sprained wrist for OG. Anybody hears more, please post.
    Listed as questionable for tonight, same for Miles.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• So what's been up with OG lately? Between letting an over the hill D. Wade go off on him and the Memphis game, OG seems to not be very focused lately. Perhaps he's still getting over his father passing away, but are there any injuries he's been dealing with?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        So what's been up with OG lately? Between letting an over the hill D. Wade go off on him and the Memphis game, OG seems to not be very focused lately. Perhaps he's still getting over his father passing away, but are there any injuries he's been dealing with?
        he landed on his wrist not too long ago... but yeah i think his dad passing hurt alot... it was his last remaining parent too because his dad raised him since the mom died.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          So what's been up with OG lately? Between letting an over the hill D. Wade go off on him and the Memphis game, OG seems to not be very focused lately. Perhaps he's still getting over his father passing away, but are there any injuries he's been dealing with?
          He's just young.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• There is also an adjustment coming off the bench than starting. You have to have more energy when you are a bench player as it takes time to warm up typically. So that's something OG has to get used to now that Pascal and Kawhi are our starters.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
              he landed on his wrist not too long ago... but yeah i think his dad passing hurt alot... it was his last remaining parent too because his dad raised him since the mom died.
              I didn't know that his mother had already passed away. That's rough trying to deal with that kind of loss while trying to meet the high expectations that are on his shoulders.

Comment

• Could it be that he is playing more at the 4. OG is really struggling.

Comment

• I'm not really that worried about his shot, but his def hasn't looked particularly good. Granted he is often guarding the opposing teams best players, but that is sort of what he is supposed to excel at.

Comment

• He's looked alright to me. The explosiveness is there.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      He's looked alright to me. The explosiveness is there.
                      His seeming ineffectiveness has more to do with the lineups he's playing in than anything he's doing wrong.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        His seeming ineffectiveness has more to do with the lineups he's playing in than anything he's doing wrong.
                        His WP is dead least on the team, and WP/48 is second last on the team
                        His WS is 9th, WS/48 13th
                        OPBM/DBPM/BPM/VORP all 12th

Kid is struggling hard, currently hurting the team when he gets minutes. Huge step backwards from an excellent rookie season. I believe he will turn it around, but damn.

Could it at least partially be his playing more at 4?

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                          His WP is dead least on the team, and WP/48 is second last on the team
                          His WS is 9th, WS/48 13th
                          OPBM/DBPM/BPM/VORP all 12th

Kid is struggling hard, currently hurting the team when he gets minutes. Huge step backwards from an excellent rookie season. I believe he will turn it around, but damn.

Could it at least partially be his playing more at 4?
                          Sure, but production metrics all come with context. He'll never be a high production player anyway. But this year especially all the bench players are seeing their impact numbers go through the floor because that unit is so dramatically mismanaged.

I don't think it's the position so much as the failing unit around him and the changing role. He should be the 5th option spot up shooter and versatile defender. In the bench unit he's too often forced into creating offence and his defensive talents are largely wasted against less scorer-heavy opposing lineups (it's worth noting that the bench has generally been very good defensively, which is a credit to them, just completely unable to score).
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Sure, but production metrics all come with context. He'll never be a high production player anyway. But this year especially all the bench players are seeing their impact numbers go through the floor because that unit is so dramatically mismanaged.

I don't think it's the position so much as the failing unit around him and the changing role. He should be the 5th option spot up shooter and versatile defender. In the bench unit he's too often forced into creating offence and his defensive talents are largely wasted against less scorer-heavy opposing lineups (it's worth noting that the bench has generally been very good defensively, which is a credit to them, just completely unable to score).
                            Yeah I'm seeing this too. OG trying to take guys off the dribble, in the post, etc. and generally looking like a daddy long legs spider trying to dribble a basketball.

Just need him to catch and shoot, occasionally fake out a defender coming at him for a straight line drive to the rim
                            OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                              Yeah I'm seeing this too. OG trying to take guys off the dribble, in the post, etc. and generally looking like a daddy long legs spider trying to dribble a basketball.

Just need him to catch and shoot, occasionally fake out a defender coming at him for a straight line drive to the rim
                              Baseline cuts! OG times his cuts well.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post

If hes working on his game in practice, I don't have a problem with him trying out new things.

Comment

Working...
                                X