No announcement yet.

Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, OG has been ridiculous on defence early in the season. It's usually hyperbole when you throw all-defence around, but man alive it's feeling pretty legitimate in the admittedly very small sample thus far.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• imagine how good this kid will be once he can create his own shot (step back jumper, fade aways, etc). The future is bright for him and the team
      Last edited by nubreed000; Tue Oct 29, 2019, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• Hoping to see OG face some elite level players to see if he can defend with the same level of success. We got the Bucks on Saturday.

Comment

• Just struck me and I looked it up to check. OG is the youngest player on the main roster (non-2-ways), younger than our draft pick and Terry II from this past draft. And he looks this good.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Just struck me and I looked it up to check. OG is the youngest player on the main roster (non-2-ways), younger than our draft pick and Terry II from this past draft. And he looks this good.
            Dan, you just keep making me feel better about this kid. Don't hold back...it's a good feeling. :-)

Comment

• I been saying that OG is the MIP. Dude is a stud.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                I been saying that OG is the MIP. Dude is a stud.
                OG will be pissed if Siakim wins it two years in a row.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  I been saying that OG is the MIP. Dude is a stud.
                  SGA going to have something to say about that
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• I think it's Ingram's to lose to be honest. He's been pretty awesome.

Comment

• Y
                      planetmars wrote: View Post
                      I think it's Ingram's to lose to be honest. He's been pretty awesome.
                      Ya he's been solid just dont know if his number will hold up if Zion comes backs
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• OG is already better than PJ Tucker.

Comment

• OG made Zach Lowe's 10 things list today:
                          https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...superstar-push

9. OG Anunoby, driving

Most of the praise for Anunoby's early-season work has focused on his stellar defense, but this is the stuff that excites me: https://media.video-cdn.espn.com/gif...019_A_2gif.mp4

Anunoby is attacking off the catch with new decisiveness and ferocity -- a must for any secondary perimeter option. He has blown by defenders on more than 53% of his drives, almost double his rate from last season. And Toronto is getting buckets out of it: 1.17 points per possession anytime Anunoby shoots out of a drive or passes to a teammate who fires right away -- a mark that would have nearly topped the league last season, per Second Spectrum.

The defending champion Raptors are as advertised: savvy, ultra-confident, totally comfortable in their own skin, and a damned pain to play against. Anunoby as a competent scorer, shooter and drive-and-kick fiend changes their future. Even if all three of Toronto's over-30 veterans -- Kyle Lowry, Marc Gasol and Serge Ibaka -- are gone by next season, the younger core of Anunoby, Pascal Siakam, and Fred VanVleet is a plug-and-play roster for any free agent superstar. (Siakam is blossoming into a superstar now, a good bet to hit the trifecta of All-Star, All-NBA, and All-Defensive.)

Comment

• Big shoutout to OG rocking 58/50/33 shooting splits. That seems like it should be impossible
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Went on a twitter rant on how impressive OG's defence was versus Sacramento, copying content here:

For the record, Kings players scored 13 points with OG as the primary defender. That's in over 37 minutes, with OG typically getting the primary assignment. Those 13 points came on 16 FGAs, plus one trip to the FT line and 1 turnover. That's 13 points on 18 possessions.

13 points on 18 possessions is an ORTG of 72. Even adjusting for offensive rebounds not being considered, that's very low. On the night, the Kings put up 120 points on 119 shooting/TO possessions - meaning non-OG-defended players put up an average individual ORTG of 106.

Even more impressive is the details. Only 6 of those 18 possessions were 3 point attempts. And the point total was inflated by the Kings hitting 3 of those 6 three point attempts (all from Buddy Hield on 4 attempts). Only Richaud Holmes managed to hit a single 2 point FG over OG.

That makes the Kings 1 for 10 on 2 point attempts when defended by OG, with only one trip to the line for their trouble. Can look at Buddy Hield, who scored 9 points on OG (on 9 FGAs). Away from OG, he scored 12 points on 7 FGAs.

On top of that, a guy like Bogdanovic, who went off for 22 points on 14 shots... OG guarded him for the 4th most possessions on the team. Bogdanovic recorded zero points, zero FGAs, zero FTAs, zero anything in those possessions.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                                Big shoutout to OG rocking 58/50/33 shooting splits. That seems like it should be impossible
                                OG should take his FTs above the break, if that's possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X