Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was surprised by this:

Mistakes aside, Anunoby is performing as well as some of the NBA's premier rookies. His offensive rating (121) beats out Boston's Jayson Tatum (118), Los Angeles' Kyle Kuzma (108) and Philadelphia's Ben Simmons (105), to name a few.

His offensive box plus/minus, an advanced stat that estimates a player's offensive production against a league average, is a whopping 3.4. Tatum is the only rookie in that group even close, and he's at 0.8.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...kie/865750001/

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
      What a range lol and not sure why you want big men's wingspan but here to humor you...

DeRozan - 6'9
      LeBron - 7'0
      Kawhi - 7'3

Now the gigantic wingspans

Giannis - 7'4 (rumors are it's actually greater than that now)
      Howard - 7'4 1/2
      Durant - 7'4 3/4
      Gobert - a ridiculous 7'9 (2018 draft pick Mo Bamba has the same)
      haha, I was just wondering.... I'm surprised DeRozan is pretty average for his height

Is Bruno like 7'6 right?

Fun fact: I'm 6'2 and my wingspan is 6'1
      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
        haha, I was just wondering.... I'm surprised DeRozan is pretty average for his height

Is Bruno like 7'6 right?

Get outta here with that TRoss wingspan of yours! jk

Yes Bruno's is 7'6, perfect for passing water from the end of the bench to the front.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post

Is Bruno like 7'6 right?

Wow! You truly are an inferior human being!

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
            Wow! You truly are an inferior human being!
            TREX wingspan, born a Raptors fan
            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Here's a very, very good article about OG...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...ptors-starter/

Anunoby and the Hoosiers eventually fell victim to North Carolina in the sweet 16, but Indiana — and the greater basketball world — was now acutely aware of just what they had on their hands. And so, they went back to work over the off-season, polishing every aspect of their young star’s game, a pursuit Anunoby relished, just as he did when he was a high schooler pulling on locked gym doors. “There isn’t a time that I can remember when I was in the office that he wasn’t working out, getting shots up, doing extra stuff in the weight room, ball-handling, watching film — just anything he could do,” says Jake Thelen, a former Indiana graduate manager who ran individual workouts for Anunoby on a near daily basis. “And then I’d go home, and he’s getting in touch with me at 10 or 11 o’clock at night, asking, ‘Hey, can we get shots up? Can we work out? Can we do this? Can we do that?’ It was just non-stop.”

Basically walks you through his journey to the NBA, couple of interesting things is he coincidentally played alongside Tatum and the overall vibe is this kid truly seems like he's obsessed with the game of basketball. Plenty of stories about be as they put it "a gym rat of all gym rats" lol....if this kid can stay healthy, there's sooo much potential. Easily the best prospect since DeMar, maybe even since VC
              Last edited by JamesNaismith; Sun Nov 19, 2017, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• Fantastic article. Genetics, mind set, focus, passion and the intelligence and instincts to be an outstanding student of the game.

As someone said a page ago, the Raps lost +/- stats master Patterson, but they neatly recovered by drafting OG, and seem to have also picked up a potential star as well.

Comment

• Pretty good comparison actually.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I liked the last line. 'You don't have to say much to be loud....'

Comment

Here's a very, very good article about OG...

Basically walks you through his journey to the NBA, couple of interesting things is he coincidentally played alongside Tatum and the overall vibe is this kid truly seems like he's obsessed with the game of basketball. Plenty of stories about be as they put it "a gym rat of all gym rats" lol....if this kid can stay healthy, there's sooo much potential. Easily the best prospect since DeMar, maybe even since VC
                      Reading that article makes it even more difficult to believe that he fell to us on draft night. I feel like I'm missing something.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                        Reading that article makes it even more difficult to believe that he fell to us on draft night. I feel like I'm missing something.
                        OG talks about the interview questions and methods used by other teams as compared to the Raptors. I believe that provides at least part of the answer.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                          Indiana thought George hill for kawhi leonard was a great trade. 29 teams passed on jimmy butler. 34 passed on draymond green. It happens to one team every couple years, and they're usually guys with similar makeup to OG. Here's hoping we struck gold
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Here's a very, very good article about OG...

Great read. Thanks for posting.

The part I love the most is OG being left off scouting reports due to a clerical error and Hoosier scouts being like "WTF???? WHO IS THIS GUY?????", with no info to be found. Straight out of a movie.

Comment

• CBS Sports NBA Rookie Rankings.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/n...ing-out-party/

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                "Finally" got the playing time. Relax CBS. This is one that casey is actually grooming perfectly, for now.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X