No announcement yet.

Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright OG. You're my new guy. Let's go!

Comment

• Any summer workout videos floating around out there. Last summer we saw Pascal light up the runs with other pros. What has OG been up to?
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Not exactly a make or break year for the young player but certainly a show-me season. He needs to make a big step forward imo

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
          Alright OG. You're my new guy. Let's go!
          Pretty excited for the OG Anunoby era, actually.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Pretty excited for the OG Anunoby era, actually.
            I don't think 15 ppg is an unrealistic mark..keep cutting and keep hitting your catch and shoot jumpers, Lowry and Gasol will find you
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
              Not exactly a make or break year for the young player but certainly a show-me season. He needs to make a big step forward imo
              Id say its a rare opportunity for a young player to expand his role and show what he can do. Not many teams have the veterans, coaches, winning culture, etc. the Raptors do, while also having massive holes.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Id say its a rare opportunity for a young player to expand his role and show what he can do. Not many teams have the veterans, coaches, winning culture, etc. the Raptors do, while also having massive holes.
                Yeah, there's 60-65 high quality minutes per game up for grabs on the wings on a top notch team. If you're not ready for your close-up this year, you might never be ready. OG struggled mightly just from inching his usage up from a measly 12.4% to a still paltry 15.5%. That's not even "carrying-your-own-weight" level of usage (i.e. 20%) on offense. If he can carry an 18% USG @ 110+ ORTG, we should be thrilled with that.
                Last edited by golden; Tue Jul 30, 2019, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, there's 60-65 high quality minutes per game up for grabs on the wings on a top notch team. If you're not ready for your close-up this year, you might never be ready. OG struggled mightly just from inching his usage up from a measly 12.4% to a still paltry 15.5%. That's not even "carrying-your-own-weight" level of usage (i.e. 20%) on offense. If he carry an 18% USG @ 110+ ORTG, we should be thrilled with that.
                  I don't remember where I saw it but there's some stat about OG's play as a starter vs his play from the bench. Probably mutifactorial but he'll likely be a starter this year

Comment

Yeah, there's 60-65 high quality minutes per game up for grabs on the wings on a top notch team. If you're not ready for your close-up this year, you might never be ready. OG struggled mightly just from inching his usage up from a measly 12.4% to a still paltry 15.5%. That's not even "carrying-your-own-weight" level of usage (i.e. 20%) on offense. If he can carry an 18% USG @ 110+ ORTG, we should be thrilled with that.
                    Raw usage rarely tells the whole story. OG was dramatically misused last year. He can probably carry a high teens usage with decent efficiency if at least half that is coming as spot up looks or cuts. Last year he was still rarely used but way too much of his paltry offensive load came from him being handed the ball and asked to create or post up.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

I don't remember where I saw it but there's some stat about OG's play as a starter vs his play from the bench. Probably mutifactorial but he'll likely be a starter this year
                      Yeah, in a nutshell he's a 3 & D guy, and they work a lot better when they share the floor with creators/good ball handlers, so they can spot up and cut. He's not ready to create/drive and handle the ball too much yet. They asked him to do some of that last year and it didn't work, so I hope they get back to using him as they did on his rookie year.

EDIT: This is pretty much a double-post from the post above which wasn't there when I started typing lol
                      Last edited by inthepaint; Tue Jul 30, 2019, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• Geez guys, OG is gonna get some burn with the ball in his hands and so he should. Hes going into his third year, while year two was basically a write off. He'll do better as a starter, but we gotta extend the leash and let the kid explore a little out there. There is potential, and no reason why we shouldnt be a little patient. Thats the opportunity that pascal had, and nothing he did before suggested he could be the #2 guy on a championship team, until he was. OG, IMO, deserves as much opportunity as anyone else on the team not including pascal. We aint in the business of producing role players here. Lets see what the kid can do and you can't improve unless youre given the chance.

Comment

• Solid start to the season. Looks more under control on his finishing step. Racking up the dunks.

Comment

What was Danny Green's usage last season? That is sort of how I envision OG developing as a defender and spot up shooter....developing into a second option on offense behind Siakam isn't something I've seen from OG yet.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

What was Danny Green's usage last season? That is sort of how I envision OG developing as a defender and spot up shooter....developing into a second option on offense behind Siakam isn't something I've seen from OG yet.
                              OG's usage is still only a measly 13.6%, but his 117 ORTG is very good efficiency. Danny was 14% @ 119 ORTG last year, so he's effectively plug & play into Green's spot, with "potentially" better defense... although Green was elite.

They are using OG perfectly this year, by surrounding him with 4 playmakers, so he doesn't have to dribble too much (which would increase his USG, but lower his efficiency, i.e. turnovers). I wouldn't call him an "option" on offense yet.... which is a label more reserved for shot creators, but he's been an excellent "outlet", with the ball finding him in the flow of the offense. He's making really smart reads and spacing the floor. For now, OG's offense is all 3's and dunks/layups, mostly from cuts.... textbook Morey-ball. We should be really happy with that.

The key is how do we replace Kawhi's 30% USG @ 119 ORTG (which is insane), especially with Gasol getting even more passive. The early indication is that it's going to be: FVV, Lowry & Ibaka each picking up a little bit of the slack.

Comment

The key is how do we replace Kawhi's 30% USG @ 119 ORTG (which is insane), especially with Gasol getting even more passive. The early indication is that it's going to be: FVV, Lowry & Ibaka each picking up a little bit of the slack.
                                Pascal's 112 on 35% so far meets your golden rule (and if his turnovers drop a bit he might even approach Kawhi's numbers), but obviously doesn't quite have the same impact as Kawhi's ridiculous efficiency just yet. The team will almost certainly not be quite as great offensively as last year's team in any case. But Fred and Lowry both in the 116-117 range with 20% usages is a good sign too.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X