Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    Boucher is a good defender, but he's not on OG's level.
    boucher has moments where he has been a good defender. he isn't consistent. he jumped a lot less on pump fakes this year. His close outs were significantly less wild but still had moments where he would literally jump out of the play action and be rendered useless as a result.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Not able to get the on/off data.. but DanH was comparing OG to the other starters only.

Boucher had a defensive rating of 112.7 and a net rating of -0.2. OG's defensive rating was 115.3 and his net rating was -8.3 in the small 6 game sample.

From the numbers, Boucher looked to be the better defender in that series. But he went up against bench players and played less so maybe not. Again hard to compare.

Well, that's always the thing with Boucher. Incredible bench production, incredible bench impact, and absolutely no faith he can do it consistently in a bigger role or more minutes or against better players. Not an issue for a bench player, but on/offs need to be taken with those contexts in particular.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah thanks! I was looking on cleaningtheglass.. since when do they require a subscription?

But, Boucher was also good in the regular season.
        what does the regular season show?

Comment

• For on/offs:

https://www.nba.com/stats/team/16106...court-summary/
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

We are also 15th in the playoffs.
            I mean philly tossed up two ridiculous games on us. but fair. that first game and last game were really bad

Comment

• Boucher (again), Thad and Khem top OG in On/Off DRTG differential vs. the Sixers. Am I reading that correct?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Boucher (again), Thad and Khem top OG in On/Off DRTG differential vs. the Sixers. Am I reading that correct?
                Yes! Huh, some low minute and bench contributors. Seems like the 76ers might struggle to score when Embiid sits!
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Gotta love Banton's on off numbers lol

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Well, that's always the thing with Boucher. Incredible bench production, incredible bench impact, and absolutely no faith he can do it consistently in a bigger role or more minutes or against better players. Not an issue for a bench player, but on/offs need to be taken with those contexts in particular.
                    Speaking of context... was OG the primary defender on Embiid for most of the Sixers series? He's the toughest cover. Maxey was almost unguardable... did OG spend a lot of time on him? Harden, maybe... but he's lost a step. I recall OG defending Danny Green a lot. Would love to see the breakdown. I would expect to see Pascal, Scottie, Precious and Khem spending the most time guarding Embiid vs. OG.

Comment

Speaking of context... was OG the primary defender on Embiid for most of the Sixers series? He's the toughest cover. Maxey was almost unguardable... did OG spend a lot of time on him? Harden, maybe... but he's lost a step. I recall OG defending Danny Green a lot. Would love to see the breakdown. I would expect to see Pascal, Scottie, Precious and Khem spending the most time guarding Embiid vs. OG.
                      OG was third on the team on Embiid (Precious obviously the most, Khem the 2nd most).

OG guarded Harden most often, Maxey 2nd, Harris third, Embiid 4th, Danny Green 5th. So I wouldn't say he covered Green "a lot."
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

so when nurse shifted away from doubling he had OG on harden a lot more actually. In terms of Embiid that was mainly Precious, pascal, and Scottie.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

OG was third on the team on Embiid (Precious obviously the most, Khem the 2nd most).

OG guarded Harden most often, Maxey 2nd, Harris third, Embiid 4th, Danny Green 5th. So I wouldn't say he covered Green "a lot."
                          So OG didn't have the toughest cover in the Sixers series. That's not surprising, but that's also useful context when looking at his defensive numbers from that series.... which in itself, is a nano sample size.

Comment

So OG didn't have the toughest cover in the Sixers series. That's not surprising, but that's also useful context when looking at his defensive numbers from that series.... which in itself, is a nano sample size.
                            There's no convincing him boys. OG sucks as a defender. Zach Lowe is an idiot for saying otherwise.

Comment

Agents can want whatever they want, but we aren't trading OG for anything short of a star player.

If we deal Trent (seems fairly likely) and the return is a draft pick, OG will get an uptick in shots by scooping up some of what Trent was getting. Alternatively, if Trent is the new 6th man and we start Precious, I can't conceive Precious getting more shots than Trent did in the starting lineup, so that also frees up more shots for OG. Plus if Fred is no longer the primary ballhandler, I'd expect him to be taking less shots, but hopefully maintaining his scoring at a higher efficiency, and that opens up more shots for OG.

So there's currently a lot of avenues for OG to get more shots next season.
                              You don't expect more shots for the Rookie of the year? And you gotta think we end up with a little more health than we had this year, I just don't see this opportunity for OG to carve out a bigger shot taking role than he already had. He's not terribly efficient, I'm pretty OK with the 14.5 he had last year. We do not need to hand him any keys to keep his agent happy, he's probably our 5th option creating his own look off the bounce next season.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

There's no convincing him boys. OG sucks as a defender. Zach Lowe is an idiot for saying otherwise.
                                Lol. I love OG, man. He’s very good. I was just asking for irrefutable proof that OG is elite on defense, which people keep saying. I haven’t seen any yet, but I want to believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X