Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

Ignoring the agent portion of it I think he's exactly right.

Why should OG get so many less shots than Fred?

He's a way more efficient scorer.

He's actually the 2nd most efficient scorer on the team after Poeltl.

Which is even more impressive because he's taking most of his shots from the 3pt line.

Hopefully the new coaching staff can figure this out if we bring Fred back.
    Given he is mainly a catch and shoot guy with some opportunities to create shots, he should be efficient. Before the last 2 seasons or so, he was strictly a catch and shoot guy and he was even more efficient.

Now if he starts creating his own shots more often, his efficiency will start dropping.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Agreed, he shouldn't.

But I was talking about self creation shots. OG's efficiency in the post, screen plays, isolation, etc is awful.
      Darko can and should maximize OG's strengths, ie cuts, straight line drives, catch and shoot 3s,etc.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Darko can and should maximize OG's strengths, ie cuts, straight line drives, catch and shoot 3s,etc.
        I totally agree, Darko ball movement philosophy will greatly benefit OG

Comment

I mean that just means somebody needs to create those looks for him.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Agreed, he shouldn't.

But I was talking about self creation shots. OG's efficiency in the post, screen plays, isolation, etc is awful.
            Fred's efficiency from everywhere except the FT line is awful. OG has a LONG way to go down to get to Fred levels of inefficiency.

I know your philosophy is someone needs to take a lot of bad shots and it should be Fred so I'm probably talking to a wall here.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Given he is mainly a catch and shoot guy with some opportunities to create shots, he should be efficient. Before the last 2 seasons or so, he was strictly a catch and shoot guy and he was even more efficient.

Now if he starts creating his own shots more often, his efficiency will start dropping.
              Never once did I say OG should be creating his own shots, I said he should be getting more shots.

Run plays to to get him a couple extra 3s per game, boom, we score more efficiently and Fred takes less horrible shots he always misses.

Really don't understand the love affair with Fred creating bad shots for himself. He is bad from everywhere except the FT line. Why do we need a player creating bad shots and missing them? We lose nothing by reducing Fred's attempts because he misses the vast majority of them.

Comment

• primer wrote: View Post

fred's efficiency from everywhere except the ft line is awful. Og has a long way to go down to get to fred levels of inefficiency.

I know your philosophy is someone needs to take a lot of bad shots and it should be fred so i'm probably talking to a wall here.
                lol

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I mean that just means somebody needs to create those looks for him.
                  Think no-dribble Klay.

Comment

Think no-dribble Klay.
                    Great example.

Klay Thompson sucks at creating his own shot. Despite this, he takes 18 shots per game, 5 more than OG.

Use OG more like GS uses Klay.

I refuse to believe we can't get OG 3 more good looks per game without him creating his own shot.

Comment

Think no-dribble Klay.
                      OG is not a movement shooter like Klay. He doesn't run off the screens with that speed and quickness

Comment

• If we gave OG 3 more shots per game and he missed all 3, he would have the same FG% as Fred. If he hits 1 out of 3 we are ahead of where we are giving Fred those shots.

Food for thought.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

OG is not a movement shooter like Klay. He doesn't run off the screens with that speed and quickness
                          It's not always about speed and quickness,
                          it's more about timing.
                          OG is a good cutter.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Great example.

Klay Thompson sucks at creating his own shot. Despite this, he takes 18 shots per game, 5 more than OG.

Use OG more like GS uses Klay.

I refuse to believe we can't get OG 3 more good looks per game without him creating his own shot.
                            Actually it isn't a great example. Klay is able to shoot on the move, which is part of the reason why he can get a ton of shots off, including scoring 36 in a quarter.

OG usually has to take time to get set then shoot. He is at his best on catch and shoots, cuts or if he has a size advantage near the rim.

Comment

It's not always about speed and quickness,
                              it's more about timing.
                              OG is a good cutter.
                              OG is more of a catch you napping cutter. He's not doing fakes, stunts to get open. Even if he did. His release is slower than Klay by a lot.
                              Last edited by MixxAOR; Wed Jun 28, 2023, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• No one here is opposed to a more structured offence. But the reality is the sort of looks you want OG taking to remain efficient are the sort of looks you get by threatening the defence with something else. You can’t really run plays to get those looks consistently, it depends on how the defence deals with your primary actions.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X