Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    yeah he's having a great season
    Looks that way.

Comment

• Monroe is a good pickup for them. Gives them scoring off the bench for when Kyrie rests, which was a huge need, and helps with rebounding which was another need.

They'd have to trade for Tyreke tho and I expect they don't want to give up too much - Boston is young and this is still the year without Hayward. This is not an all-in year for them.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Baynes is apparently their magic defensive elixir, but then again last year it was a couple guys who they traded in the summer and the defence carried on without missing a beat.

#BradStevensGOAT

Comment

• Our record suggests we are 4th best in the league, differential says we are third (by a healthy margin), but I feel like we are maybe 6th or 7th at best. It's frustrating that we drop the ball defensively some nights. Even if we struggle to shoot, our offence is often good enough to win. The inconsistency and inability to close out games against good teams is hurting us from being recognized as legit contenders (although we have gotten more love recently). Ultimately, it will come down to playoff performance I guess.

But there is alot of good going for the team and it's pretty exciting that we are so young and are likely to see improvements from OG, Siakim, Wright, Poeltl, and FVV. If that happens going down the stretch here than that would be amazing, but I think this group won't play its best ball until next season.

Comment

• I think Houston, Toronto, Boston, and Minny are all pretty close to on par, Houston's in front by a bit but the other three teams have played them well.

GS's way out in front of course and we're all cheering for the Cleveland dumpster fire.

OKC is dangerous and after their slow start should probably be slotted in with the first four teams I mentioned.

Injuries have done in the Spurs.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              I think Houston, Toronto, Boston, and Minny are all pretty close to on par, Houston's in front by a bit but the other three teams have played them well.

GS's way out in front of course and we're all cheering for the Cleveland dumpster fire.

OKC is dangerous and after their slow start should probably be slotted in with the first four teams I mentioned.

Injuries have done in the Spurs.
              I think all those teams could beat the Raps in the playoffs. Not sure about the Spurs, they are still damn good despite the apparent lack of talent. Right now, I'd say CLE is the weakest of the bunch but I'm not betting against LBJ until I see that team in the playoffs.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                At a certain point, the constant winning of close games has to boil down to more than just luck. They've been doing it for 2 seasons now consistently.

It's worrying, because we're performing very poorly in the clutch. If we get in a series with them I imagine a lot of the games will come down to the last few minutes, and we really need to improve our execution late or we're gonna end up... fucking losing to the Celtics.

Good God I'd rather just lose in the first round than lose to them.
                Then we are fucked if we face Boston in the playoffs cause when its a close game Casey always default thinking is this: "Lets close it out with 2 point guards" no matter if previous quarters showed JV or OG we more effective on the court.

Comment

• Game of the night..... the wannabe Hinkies taking on the scrappy Heat..the kind of team the Hinkies have to beat to stay ahead of Detroit and to try to catch Indy to get to the dance.....Should be interesting....
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Feb 2, 2018, 09:04 PM.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• Tatum: 27 PTS, 4 REB, 4 STL & 3 AST
                    Rozier: 31 PTS, 7 REB, 2 AST & 2 STL

fuck.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      Tatum: 27 PTS, 4 REB, 4 STL & 3 AST

fuck.
                      We'll see how they do in the playoffs, if they make the playoffs.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        Ir's not luck, the Celtics are a damn good team.

They keep winning these close games because they know how to execute in crunch time. And they have a superstar player who is not afraid of the moment.

The Raptors are the complete opposite.
                        They keep winning these close games because they keep having close games against terrible opposition, and, yes, they have an elite scorer in the clutch. But even with that, a certain amount of luck is required to win those close games (anyone who has watched their games has seen several holy crap lucky plays for them in crunch time), and when that luck swings, the margin of victory they tend to have can swing into the negatives pretty easily.

The Celtics are a good (regular season, at least) team. By no means a great team, and by no means a shoe in to make it past the first round. Also they are trash, obviously.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                          Tatum: 27 PTS, 4 REB, 4 STL & 3 AST

fuck.
                          It was Atlanta...
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

• Rozier looking like another Eric Bledsoe type situation

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                              It was Atlanta...
                              Yep, because if Delon put up 31-7-2 against Atlanta while OG got 27-4-4-3, you would say "It was Atlanta..." and it doesn't mean anything.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                Game of the night..... the wannabe Hinkies taking on the scrappy Heat..the kind of team the Hinkies have to beat to stay ahead of Detroit and to try to catch Indy to get to the dance.....Should be interesting....
                                Since I've joined this site I've been trying to determine the origin of the "Hinkies" term. I give up. Can someone explain?

Comment

Working...
                                X